main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Celebration II

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by robertyodarugenstein, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I do not Know if this will be our thread for what we are going to do as a group and as an individual but it is worth a shot.

Has anyone noticed that they have started the to call the hall's after planets?

I was wondering what everybody was going to do first on Friday. Me I'm going to the celebration store buying some stuff and sending my wife back to our room with it. Then I have know idea.

As of 4/15 we only have 18 more day's to go.
    :) :) :) :)

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't really have definite plans for what I'm going to do yet at CII.I figure I'll just go where the mood and the moment takes me.I was reading over the schedule that Bianca posted over on Yahoo,and there are some programs that I would like to check out on that.

As for a group plan,I know that Huttese1138 is planning on seeing `Spider-man' on Friday night,so would Saturday night be okay for a get-together?I know a lot of us are planning to go to the concert,what if we hook up afterward?

3. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Saturday sounds good to me!

4. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Me too.

5. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    StarWars.com now has Saturdays collectors schedule up and all so C2 ventures has a list of all the pictures that they will have for everyone to sign. They are at seetwo.com

I would link you over but I am as dumb as a rock when it comes to doing something like that.

6. Power-of_the-Force

Power-of_the-Force Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Was anything ever decided regarding the journy to and from CII? I know at the meeting carpooling had been mentioned but was anything ever finalized? If carpooling won't be possible, would a caravan be a possibility?

Also, is anybody planning on attending the party on Friday night at CII or are you all going to avoid it?

-Kris

7. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    From what I remember, the "car pooling" idea was nixed...since various people will be leaving at different times on Sunday/Monday. However, you could probably bring up the idea of a caravan to some of the other drivers.

As for the FanForce/501st/RebelLegion party going on Friday night...I won't be there. I've got that time after the official things are over tentatively set aside to gather with old friends from AOL.

8. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    huttesse already put theis out but I have more to add and this seams to be the place to put it. They now have up Friday's events and man is it a lot. All so they now have up on starwars.com the excusive Celebrtion II merchandise. All so they have a thing up called "Celebration II ongoing event schedule". What this is a list of what you get in to do early if you a fan club member, and times that evreything opens up at.

Are we going to meet on Friday? I think it would be a good idea to start and try to set one up so every one can plan for it because we all are going to have a lot to do.

9. DoubleAgent

DoubleAgent Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    I believe the topic of hotels may have been covered before, but I'm not sure where.

Today I plan on trying to see what may be available for a cheap night's stay. I'm thinking that driving down Saturday morning would erase a lot of my time there, so I want to see about reserving a room somewhere. For those of you who already have reservations & plans of that sort - what are you doing? Just curious.

I would like to meet Friday night, but I wouldn't want to guarantee when I'd get there. It would likely be quite late.

10. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Star Wars.com now has Saturday's schedule up.

11. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    So much to do, so little time.

12. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I will be arriving in Indy Friday morning, hopefully by like 9 a.m. so I can register and get my lanyard. I am staying at the Comfort Inn. After I get registered and all, I'll be up for whatever Friday during the day and at night. Some of us have been talking about hitting the C2 store at a certain time, which is cool with me. Same goes for Saturday, but Saturday night is for me and my girlfrend [face_love] She was good enough to come down with me, since her best friend lives in Indy. Let's try to corrdinate something to do Friday night. Sound good?

13. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Me, Roknar and possibly others will be seeing Spiderman on Friday. The two of us will also be meeting up with Rob at Comfort Inn on Friday. Anyone who is arriving Friday could join us if they would like.

14. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
  15. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    I meant thursday we would meet up with you, sorry.

16. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I plan to arrive Friday morning too.I don't have plans yet for Friday night,so I'd be up for doing something.

17. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Sundays schedule is up on starwars.com. So much to do, so lttle time.

18. DoubleAgent

Apr 15, 2002
    I done booked a room at a Motel 6 (easy on the wallet) for Friday night. It's located at 2851 N. Shandeland. I don't know where that's located with respect to the rest of you, btw.

I will likely be arriving late (10 or 11pm ?) Friday night, but if you think you'll still be up maybe my tiny group can meet you guys?

19. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    We're friendly folk. :)

20. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    What time are we going to meet and where. Comfort Inn is good place because we have 3 people there already. Any ideas?

21. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    Do you mean on Thursday or Friday?

22. robertyodarugenstein

Mar 9, 2002
    Huttesse I mean on Friday as a group. I know me and you are meeting Thursday. What time I do not know.

23. huttese1138

Mar 9, 2002
    I know me, Roknar, swordchick, possibly mirax, and whoever else wants to come are goin to see spiderman on Friday night. I have to go see this movie, it has received amazing reviews.

24. DoubleAgent

Apr 15, 2002
    Time's getting short. I imagine some of you will be seeing Spiderman Friday night. Some wish to meet at 'the' Comfort Inn. As I said, I may be arriving late evening, but I would like to join up with any gathering. Is Comfort Inn settled? What is the address? I'd love to hear of your Friday CII experiences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.