main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Celebration II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by chewboxer, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    I only bought one. I shoulda bought a second one while I was there too. It coulda almost paid for half my trip. :)

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    That's funny Karthio cause I was just looking at the collectors forum about the Jorg figure. They were talking about how scalpers like Brian's Toys had 12 people working for him getting the figures. They are now selling them for about $125 on his site. I think that really stinks. Scalpers making fans pay outrageous prices for things. It just makes me so freakin mad!! :mad:

Well Karthio, I hope you are able to get it without having to pay an arm and a leg. :D

3. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Yeah, the whole scalper issue (not to mention the entire retail floor) was one of many aggrivating experiences at the Convention Center. I really hope CIII is either very close to maryland or truly worth putting up with the crowd. *sigh* [face_plain]

8-}

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I'd like C3 to be close. Hopefully it doesn't go as far as Denver, but either stay in a central location or get close to the east coast.

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I take that no one was able to acquire an extra rebel pilot special figure at CII. Dang, I really wanted one too.

6. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    That whole event was a freaking fiasco! And yet, I've read too many posts both on these boards and over at the OS from people who are too busy accentuating the positive, capping their comments by saying that at least they got to be surrounded by so many Star Wars fans.

So, it was worth spending a huge amount of money to travel out to the Midwest just to see a bunch of fanboys while standing in a three-hour line? Didn't enough of these people stand in line for Episode I tickets? They could have had the same experience, but for far less money!

7. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    How can you say it was a fiasco?????? Yes there were long lines. But did you not honestly expect that going in? The only thing(s) that upset me were:

A) Distribution of Lucas figures. I know
    that they didn't divide them up evenly
    between the 3 days. I had to buy all of
    mine from a scapler (@ $25.00 each)

B) Fan Club membership got me exactly
    NOTHING!! That line was SO long, it was
    quicker to go through the regular line
    that opened an hour later.

C) 7 & 1/2 hours for the Princess's Auto-
    graph. Come on now!?!?!?

But all in all...it was worth EVERY PENNY. And I WILL do it again next time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.