main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III 4 day pass

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by DarthTuTu, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTuTu

DarthTuTu Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Hello to all the fellow Quad City Star Wars followers! I had no idea that there was a group right in my own back yard! I was introduced to the group the other day at work when I met a couple guys from Orion so this is my first post!
    I have always seen the articles about collectors in the Quad Cities in the Argus or the Times but I never knew that there was a group!
    Anyway I am glad to be on here and I look forward to running into some of you from time to time at events. JOD sounds like fun for the family!

I have some bad news for me and good news maybe for one of you. I have a 4 day pass for Celebration III that I can not use. I was planning to go with my son but I was unable to get him a pass. I was planning on going for his birthday so going alone is not an option for me. So that brings me to the good news for one of you. If someone is in need of a 4 day pass, I have one up for grabs. I am not looking to make a profit off of this, I just want it to go to a true fan. And someone local is even better. No postage or hassle. I am only wanting what it's worth.
    I also have the membership lanyard that I use at work for my badge there. I might be willing to let someone use it for the weekend as long as I got it back and if someone was willing to pick up one of the Darth Vader Celebration III figures for me to give to my son. (I would of course reimburse for the figure.)
    If no one is interested in the pass I will probably either keep it unused or (heaven forbid) put it up for bid on Ebay. I just hate to see it go unused.
    Either email me or post comments in response. I will check back tomorrow and follow up with those interested.
    Thanks a million and have a great time at Celebration III!!

2. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Good luck on that Vader figure. If CIII is anything like CII, you probably won't get one. Most of the Lucas figures at CII went to dealers, and the majority of the fans that I talked to got shut out. I ended up paying $30 for one on Saturday, and by an Act of Yoda got into the convention 2 hours early on Sunday and got two more. When I went on Sunday (8am, doors opened at 10), there were already 50-100 people in front of me waiting for figures. ALL dealers that turned around and sold them for $50-$100 a pop.

3. DarthTuTu

DarthTuTu Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    I kind of thought that the figure would be a long shot. Not to worry, I will try to get one some how.
    No takers for the 4 day pass? You've all got them already, I know. :)

4. TT_Boy

TT_Boy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    I will take the landyard for my brother

Please E-mail me Jedi@mchsi.com

5. Han_Jones

Han_Jones Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2005
    Yes I am in desperate need of the fan club lanyard. In exchane for use I will do my best to get your vader figure. I will PM you my number.

6. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Hello there nice to have new faces coming to the order, I am going with my family and I have 3 four day passes and plan on trying to get 12 figures being were limited to only four figures with a 4 day pass so if i'm able to get more than 8 then I will be willing to part with 1 if someone has'nt gotten you one at the cost of the figure.

7. DarthTuTu

DarthTuTu Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2005
    Thanks for the postings guys. As it stands now, the lanyard is spoken for. If that changes I will let you guys know.
    QCJediLance, thanks for the great offer on the figure. I will more than likely be taking you up on that. It doesn't look like I will be getting one any other way. Let me know what you come up with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.