main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA CELEBRATION III April 21-24, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    OK everyone, it's on! Who's going FOR SURE? Tickets go on sale Monday Sept. 27 at 12 noon PST.

Admission Prices for Star Wars Celebration III (All prices are in US dollars):

Pre-Registration
    4 day Adult $95
    4 day Child* $40
    1 day Adult $35
    1 day Child* $17
    *(6-12 years old. Children under 6 are free)

More info on this link:

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/09/news20040922.html

2. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    I am *SO* there, count me in, I am already putting aside $$ for the airfare, hotel, etc.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Rogue Leader standing by...

4. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think I'll buy tickets Friday. I have a feeling the system will crash when they go on sale!

5. jaywalker3

jaywalker3 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2004
    I tried to log on to the system the whole day and I can't seem to register...any thoughts....regardless, I am down to go...I am new to the forum, but I will be there in Indy with a few other fan friends of mine.

6. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Wow, it took me nearly 2 hours to register, purchase badges and toppers (the server was soooo slow, many error pages - etc.)

The blocks of rooms offered through gencon are pretty dismal. Nothing connected to the convention center - I'm glad I made reservations at the Crowne Plaza when I did!

I just wonder how the Star Wars Fan Club will handle getting lanyards to those who have registered for CIII???

- Kay Dee

7. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    can anyone refresh my memory of what goes on in Celebration III? its been 3 years and i forgot if it'll be worth the cash :p

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's basically, 30,000+ Star Wars fans wearing, buying, viewing and breathing Star Wars for four days straight! There'll be tons of celebrities and props/costumes/models from all six films, as well as previews of ROTS. Last time, the Indianapolis Orchestra played music live from all (then) five films. Plus, you get to make new friends from all over the world!

As for the rooms, we'll discuss it at the next meeting, so if you have any questions, please try to make it. I know there are more people wanting to go from SFFF than there are rooms reserved for us.

9. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    I'm In. Going to purchase tickets this weekend and request it off already.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    PAID FOR MY REGISTRATION! WOO HOO! :D

11. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    I spent two hours on Monday constantly pinging the site, but managed to get a membership as well as a room at the Crown, woo hoo! Sadly, people we know in Visalia didn't get on until later, all the close rooms were gone, they ended up getting a room on their own at the Omni at $240 a night, yikes.

So now the question becomes: How do we get the Parks Sabers past the airline screeners? I've heard the story, could be urban legend, about how a set of sabers were actually blown up as suspected explosive devices on the tarmac. Not sure I believe that, but has anyone had any experience in this post 9/11 world that they can relate? Any problems, precautions, suggestions? I asked Mr. Parks himself about disassembly, he strongly recommended against it. At the very least, I'll take the batteries out, but beyond that, don't know how to insure a smooth trip.

BTW, we've been on the Star Wars Galaxies RPG for a month and are still totally hooked, we're on virtually every night and weekends. It's total immersion in the universe of Star Wars and a constant fan fest. Anyone else out there in the game, drop me a line, maybe we can hook up for a hunt on Dant', take out a few of those Rancor.

Ok, maybe one. Maybe.
    ;)

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I would suggest sending some of your items to the hotel. I have had trouble sending a lightsaber through the x-ray, but once they have you open it, and show them what it is, they're usually OK. But blasters are another thing! There's nothing more frustrating than going to the airport, jsut to find out you have to leave your "weapon" in your car, or in an airport locker til you get home. :( But sending your souvenirs from the con is no problem. There'll be a FedEx area where you can ship your items home, to avoid the same hassle going back home.

13. jaywalker3

Sep 8, 2004
    about props being blown up...I work at the airport and it does happen. It happens when items are not properly labeled. if you put a description that it is a prop for the convention on a tag where your name and contact information is located it should be okay. My buddy and I were at comiccon and we purchased a sword and we sent it in out checked baggaged properly labeled and all was well. Another option is sending the items via ups or ground...this makes it stress free in regard to not getting stuff on the plane..the only prob is making sure you have a proper forwarding address. A possibility is contacting the hotle in advance and let them know to expect it.

14. jaywalker3

Sep 8, 2004
    by the way, i am new to the fan force...how do i find out more about events and getting involved in the san francisco chapter?

15. CareTaker

CareTaker Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2004
    In terms of labeling -- Where should the label be and what should be on it? Should it be on the exterior of the case (or whatever we might be attempting to check), along with an inventory/description and the purpose?

I know you've probably covered this, but I'm not 100% clear on the concept or process, and -- on a personal note -- would like to ensure any gear I intend on taking/sending to Indianapolis gets there and back without damage or destruction.

So, an idiot's guide or a link to a place with a suitable "idiot's guide" would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jon

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Hey, jaywalker3, welcome! There are no upcoming events in the near future that are planned that I can remember off-hand, other than our mid-month meeting, which should be announced soon. Come by then so we can attach a face to a name.

17. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all,

I mysteriously couldn't find this link when I was looking for it, but I just wanted it to move ahead, as I'll be there and I'm hoping all of you will be there too! I have never been to a Celebration, but I think this will be the best one... I am looking forward to meeting fans from all over the world !

Hope to see you all on Saturday the 16th!

18. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just think... in ONLY 6 months will be drunk off our a--es of Star Wars in Indianapolis as of today! :D

19. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm still trying to work out a way to go. If I can work it out (which I wont know till the date gets closer) anyone got a spare patch of floor in thier room for a Sac Valley Rogue?

20. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i started a thread in the pacific region board: http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17490058/?0 about fanforce chapters that are going to Celebration III and the possibility to have a fan club table there to represent the Pacific Region fan force chapters...

please post your thoughts.

james (san diego)

21. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    any takers from SFFF?

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    about the table:

right now, since not many people are interested in having to spend time at the table, i'm thinking of having an unstaffed table. basically it would have flyers from various clubs, and a generic sign-in form for potential members that gets dropped into a drop box which is emptied every night. 'staff' people would periodically swing by the table to make sure that the area is tidy, add more flyers from storage if a pile is out or low, and set up/take down. if someone wanted to have 'office hours' to actually talk with potential members, we could have them when people are free.

about needing contacts and references:

to apply for a table, they request at least two contact personnel (me and someone else who will be there) with contact information.

each of those contact personnel need references - like job references.. someone to vouch for the character of the contact. the references would also need to provide contact info, although i doubt that they will actually be contacted.. who knows?

anyone want to step up and be a contact for this table with me?

egad.. i actually looked at what is needed for getting a fan club table:

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/displayswc.aspx?file=swc-fan-tables

Apparently they require, among other things:

* Samples of all literature and items that will be given away
    * Images of all graphics that will be used in the booth

so if any club has electronic copies of their flyers or other recruiting stuff please send them to me asap via email - use my user name @yahoo.com

jawajames

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Looks like there's a big party planned for C3! See below:

501st/REBEL LEGION/FAN FORCE PARTY:

Hosted by the 501st Bloodfin Garrison & The Indy Knights

When: Friday, April 22, 2005 7 pm - 12 midnight
    Where: 2nd Floor Hyatt Regency Ballroom
    Tickets: $20 pre-reg/$30 day-of

The $20 registration fee includes ballroom rental, security, taxes
    and gratuity, food and multimedia rentals.

This event is limited to 1,000 people.

Because of the need to keep things organized, registration will be
    staggered. Registration for members of the 501st and Rebel Legion
    will begin on January 1. On January 14, registration will begin for
    FanForce. Many FanForce members are also members of the 501st and/or
    Rebel Legion, hence the reason those two group will register first.
    Don't worry, the tickets will be quite available when your
    registration time arrives. //emperor

Payment:
    Payments will be accepted through PayPal and through money orders.

PayPal I.D.: jaynewnum@insightbb.com

Money Order Mail-To Address:

Jay Newnum
    10427 Parmer Circle
    Noblesville, IN 46060

Getting in:

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

On the day of the party, beginning at 6:00 p.m. on the 1st floor
    Waterwall, check in with the table and present your name, address and
    city, or a PayPal receipt, and you'll receive your wristband for
    entrance to the party. There will most likely be two tables/lists,
    one for FanForce and one for 501st/Rebel Legion, make sure you are in
    the right line to get in quickly and easily. If you are members of
    more than one group, you'll need to line up with the group you
    registered with.

If you pay by money order, you must send your name, address and city
    along with the money order so that when you check in at the table
    (501st members please include or TK ID and garrison), we can verify
    your registration and give you your wristband.

Security will be stationed at both elevators and escalators on the
    2nd floor. No one will be allowed past security without a wristband.

Your PayPal receipt is your ticket!

Food:
    At 7:00 p.m., there will be four carving stations serving baked
    Virginia ham (80 slices per ham) with mustard, mayonnaise and mini
    croissants. There will also be vegetable and cheese trays at each
    carving station. All four carving stations will restock at 8:00 p.m.
    with the above-mentioned food. At 9:00 p.m., only three serving
    stations will restock. At 10:00 p.m., only one serving station will
    restock. Food is on a first come first serve basis.

Drinks:
    There will be three fully-stocked bars serving cocktails, imported
    and domestic beer, house wines, still & sparkling waters and soft
    drinks.

Cocktails - $5.00 House - $5.50 Call -$6.00 Premium
    House Wines- $5.25 House - $5.50 Call - $6.00 Premium
    Imported Beer - $4.50
    Domestic Beer - $4.00
    Non-Alcoholic Beer - $4.00
    Cordials & Cognacs - $6.50

Still & Sparkling Waters - $3.50
    Soft Drinks - $2.50

There will also be three beer troughs throughout the ballroom.

Extras:

- We will also have a 9' x 12' screen with LCD projector showing Star
    Wars fan films.

- Star Wars celebrities will be there. There will be no autographs at
    the party. The stars will sign autographs all day at C3. This is also
    a party for them.

- $2.00 from each ticket sale will go to the Troopers for Katie Fund.
    For more information or to make additional donations, please go to
    www.forkatie.org.

24. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Hey everyone,
    the fan club table for the Pacific Region Fan Force got approved:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/12/news20041220.html

Please come here to find out what still needs to be done as we get closer to C3:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17490058

thanks to the SFFF for helping with the application!

25. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Whoa... Matt did you handle this cos I'm drawing a blank in the actually "doing" of something. I've been very out of it this month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.