main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA CELEBRATION III April 21-24, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Basically, what I suggested is that the more people who volunteer from ALL the Pacific FF groups (not just ours) to man the table, the less time you have to actually spend at the table-maybe an hour each (or less) for the whole weekend!

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    ah... good suggestion.

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Looks like myself, Dale, Eva, CJ, Ming and Rachel have booked the same flight: leaving SFO 4/19 and returning 4/25. If you'd like to do the same, PM pls.

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Aw man... the same flight? It's like the opposite of VISA with you people "every where you don't want to be..." Haha... just kidding guys. ;)

Looks like we'll make final plans for ground assualt en route. Also I am NOT carrying Eva's luggage (water, full length mirror, 87 costumes, her alcohal (ok maybe I will carry that...), 4 lightsabers (2 broken), that kitchen sink, etc...). It's only 4 days after all...

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'm not carrying them either! The thing we should be concerned about are the lightsabers/blasters. They should be hand-carried along with a something explaining what they are (photo perhaps). Those always get inspected by security and sometimes get confiscated.

6. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Celebration III sounds great! I'd love to go- is it too late to purchase tickets?

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey guys, yeah we are trying to get our little group all onto the same flight too. As for the lightsabers. We were told that we need to pack them in a hard-case locking Rifle Case. Come to the flight about 1 hour or so even earlier than the proposed arrival time and show and explain everything. We were assured that there would be no problems then. Now my other concern is the makeup kit (hey 1/2 my "personality" is in that thing.) And getting "mom" out there. As we can't find anyone driving out, she will probably have to be shipped. Suggestions range from Fed Ex to... (and this was from the travel agent so don't blame me for it...) Stuffing her in a duffel bag and explaining her to the airline. Seriously. Matt, Dale, let me know if you have other ideas.

See you all there!

Force Be With You

Kim/Kenobi

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Can a lightsaber be carry on? It's my walking stick I swear! ;)

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    No, its not too late to purchase tickets. I believe you can still buy them until this spring (see the link at the beginning of this thread). But the most important thing is to book your flight and hotel ASAP, as they fill up quickly and the prices go up as well.

10. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
  11. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    WOO - HOO!!! I just booked my flight and will finalize hotel ASAP - I can hardly wait!! Anyone else??

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just checking if anybody has paid for the FF/501st/Rebel legion party yet (see earlier post). Also, working the Pacific Region FF table should be easy. It's only open 12-4 pm every day, and with about a handful of clubs involved, I think each of us going could stay at the table for only a half hour each (aka lunch0! :) Personally, I'm in the middle of being in the costume cabaret working on a skit with a bunch of Padme's. ;)

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Forgot to post that I paid for my FF party ticket already. Oops!

14. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I've never been to a Celebration before...

What's it like!?!

Are all the attendees in costumes the whole time, or are some people in street clothes?

What is there to do?

I am so darn excited! It's ridiculous! ;)

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It's hard to explain the sheer joy at Celebration in words, but if you need more info, just check the previous posts here, and check the links provided in this thread. :)

16. PrincessLeah

Feb 1, 2005
  17. PrincessLeah

Feb 1, 2005
    OMG! I finally bought my badge! I am so excited! I just can't stop freaking out! LOL! Can't wait to see everyone there!

18. PrincessLeah

Feb 1, 2005
    Okay...I just booked myself at the Encono Lodge Downtown (aka Endor Lodge). I am so happy! Is anyone else staying there?

19. PrincessLeah

Feb 1, 2005
    Change of plans...Staying at the Courtyard Marriot Downtown, instead! Yay!

20. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Cool! The same place we're at!

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I mentioned this at the last meeting. It's about sponsoring a celebrity to be honored as an Honorary Member of the Rebel Legion. I chose to sponsor Nalini Krishan, who played Barriss Offee, in honor of Chanel. To get a plaque made, it costs $41. I think we could easily gather that. Check it out:

http://rebellegion.com/index.asp?IE=4

It's under the "Celebration 3" thread.

If you don't have a costume, you can still post on the boards as a Forum User, unlike the 501st, where you need to be a member. There's lots of discussion and tips for C3, as well. FYI, we're part of the Endor Base, which covers Northern California, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska and Hawaii.

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    As a reminder, for those of you who haven't bought their pass for C3, the deadline, according to Steve Sansweet, is March 4. The next two meetings will be mostly about this, so we have to make final room confirmations ASAP!

23. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Just gotta say: 2 months from today I and we, will be jet-lagged and adrenelized in Indy for C-3!!! :D And 3 months from now, I would've already watched Ep. III 18, times and counting...well maybe not that much...but almost. [face_tired]

24. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Hello.
    Well, if you thought there is going to be plenty to buy at C2 or SD Comic Con, guess again.

Thanks to Rod@thejawa.com website, thought you all would like to know:
    CELEBRATION 3 EXCLUSIVE

ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

Limited to 3000 units. There will be a chase gold .45 scale lightsaber. 150 of the 3000 will be the gold chase. Box will be sealed so you will not know if you got a chase until you open it by breaking the seal.

ALSO...

SUMMER CONVENTIONS EXCLUSIVE

ROTS Anakin Skywalker BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

Limited to 3000 units. There will be a chase gold .45 scale lightsaber. 150 of the 3000 will be the gold chase. Box will be sealed so you will not know if you got a chase until you open it by breaking the seal.This bust will be available at San Diego Comic-Con, Wizard World Chicago and possibly some other Wizard shows around the summer.

AND....

The suprise exclusive is:BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

ROTS Darth Sidious BLACK SMOKE CHROMED .45 Scale Replica Lightsaber

Limited to 3000 units. There will be a chase gold .45 scale lightsaber. 150 of the 3000 will be the gold chase. Box will be sealed so you will not know if you got a chase until you open it by breaking the seal. The 3000 pieces will be distributed by Best Buy among all Best Buy stores in the US.

Master Replicas reps told us that they tried something new this time and did a BLACK SMOKE CHROMED lightsaber and they loved it. So they decided to make a set of exclusive BLACK SMOKE CHROME versions of the ROTS .45 Scaled Replica LIghtsabers.

I wondered for C3 if the distribution system will be same as Comic Con.

Thank you.

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Got my pre-reg. Rogue Lead has 4 green and is go. Standing by...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.