main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA CELEBRATION III April 21-24, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    The OT is going to be on the big screen at C3!!! I finally get to see ESB and ROTJ in a theatre!!!! The power of the big screen!!!!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Not just the OT, but all five SW films! :D

3. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    And Clone Wars.

Maybe we'll get to dee the Holiday Special on the big screen! ;)

4. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    Holiday Special... [face_worried]

5. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, just got an e-mail from Mary at Lucasfilm, and she says they are still in need of volunteers for C3, as well as the Pacific Fan Force table, which we are a part of. Each of us should volunteer for at least an hour for the whole weekend. I'll probably get it over with on Thursday.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Kinda redockulus that we fly a few thousand miles to work this time. Comic Con was kinda different but at the same time I know hella folks were still pissed. Besides, if folks in the Bay Area need to be in Indy to meet other SW folks in the Bay Area then something is wrong with this scenario if they can't find us currently.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Ming, we're not meeting folks from the Bay Area necessarily. We'll be working primarily with members in the Pacific FF Region, and advertising/showing off the most awesome club (as you put it) is. :D Linda and James will be setting up the booth on Wednesday, I believe.

8. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    How do we sign up to volunteer? Do we commit to specific time slots now, or just show up at C3 (say, on Thurs.) and volunteer in person?

Oh, and I am psyched about seeing all the films on the big screen - always a cool experience! :)

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    We'll find out about volunteer sign-ups soon (hopefully by this month). It'll be posted here as soon as they are finalized.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    As if we weren't spending enough money already, they're announced two breakfasts that you can go to. But, as with ComicCon, I doubt you guys will get up early enough to go. The goody bags, though were pretty cool, and were worth the price of admission, if not more.

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/03/news20050302.html

11. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    And it's sold out. both of them. Just like that.

12. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Yeah...I was a little depressed...I was looking forward to some scrambled eggs. ;)

I would have probably been too tired, anyway. :(

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Due to another family health crisis, I may not be able to attend C3! My older sister, who lives in MN, has had a major health problem. She is on the mend, but I am still very worried.

14. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah...I was a little depressed...I was looking forward to some scrambled eggs.

I would have probably been too tired, anyway.

Especially since the breakfast would start at 6:30. So I've now paid for my badge and am all set with flight, hotel, Fan Force/501st party, and admission. Now all I have to worry about is balancing food with what I may buy at the con.

15. StarSmuggler

Nov 26, 2004
    [darthvadervoice] I have you now, C3 ticket!!! [darthvadervoice]

16. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    [darthvadervoice] I have you now, C3 ticket!!! [darthvadervoice]

All right cool. So I guess you're joining us adter all.

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I logged onto Hyperspace this morning.. and I'm greeted by AnasianSkywalker!!

Cool.

EDIT: I just realized I put this in the wrong thread. Oops.. my bad.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    FYI, if you haven't ordered your ticket yet, the price is now $110, instead of $95. Also, you won't be receiving a lanyard, and you have to pay by credit card only and you can only pick them up at Will Call (another line to stand in!) Registration ends April 1.

19. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yeah good thing I registered a couple days ago. And those that alredy pre-registered, I hope you are having the badge sent to you. The Will Call line will be long.

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    FYI - I know it's almost a month away, but here is a web-site devoted to helping all of you "Celebration Newbies" ;) find everything you ever needed to know about Indianapolis! :
    http://www.indy.org/sections/Visitors/Maps%20%AMP%%20Directions/index.asp?cid=530

And here is a link to the mall closest to the Con:
    http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=163

21. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    A MALL!!! Thank goodness!

Not that I have ANY room left on my credit card...but whatever. :)

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Yes, a Darth Mall!

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Here's an official list (so far) of who'll be signing autographs at C3, as well as how much they'll cost. Each coupon is $10, I believe. Some celebrities are one coupon, some two. Check back to see the final guest list, as well as info on volunteering (you get to managae lines, as well as sit next to the celebs, get them water, etc.

http://www.officialpix.com/c3-guests.asp

24. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Just got the following email from Karen Louie on the Golden Gate Garrison Yahoo Groups

"For those of you who are going to C3 on ATA, they will no longer fly directly
    to Indianapolis from SFO as of March 28th due to bankruptcy proceedings.
    ATA will only take you as far as the Chicago/Midway airport and then try
    to get you on another carrier to Indianapolis.

I have since cancelled my ATA reservations free of charge and booked on
    American Airlines which was about $15 more per person. So, if you do
    have ATA Airline reservations, you might want to give them a call at
    1800-807-2814, option #2 to check your flight status."

I'm not sure how this will effect those of you with a stopover at Chicago. But I would advise double checking your reservations.

25. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Yet another ticket to buy: http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/03/news20050308.html

"Celebration III looks to be the Star Wars party of a lifetime, and the Celebration at Celebration III will be the evening that helps make the weekend unforgettable. Set for Saturday night, April 23, from 7 P.M. to 11 P.M. in Hall B, the Celebration at Celebration III will bring Star Wars fans together from all over the world for a night of revelry and fun."

And it goes on. Tickets are $50 through the CIII site. The 2 breakfasts have already sold out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.