main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN Celebration III - Confirmed

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xizor@TheView, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    I can't believe no on e pounced on this!

Steve Sansweet, while at the San Diego Comic Con, showed some scenes from the upcoming DVD. He also open the floor to questions and CONFIRMED, That's CONFIRMED, no maybe, possibly, that's a good idea, he CONFIRMED, Celebration III in 2005.

He would not speculate on the location at this time. Time ot do some digging me thinks........ :)

Head over to the Official Sote for the story.

--End Of Line--

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *sends IHB to do his thang* ;)

3. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Sounds to me like Xixor better start on the schedule ...

4. IHBinks

IHBinks Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2002
    Come on now! We all know that C3 was confirmed a long time ago in our own little galaxy...
    Trust me, C3 is, and will be... Again Indy is the top city of choice at this time.
    But with all do respects to all, I feel and believe that C3 will be in Indy since Wizards has the Indianapolis Convention Center for the next several years for that other big yearly convention. I cannot rememeber the name of that convention but it is one of the big ones.

But hey! the IHB will do all I can... ;)

5. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    ahh but the last line of the story posted on starwars.com gives me pause.

"San Diego fans were quite vocal about their city as a candidate for the next big Star Wars bash."

Hmmmmm.....

6. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Yeah, I too believe that Indy WONT be the site for 2005. Dont get me wrong, I would love for us to have it again. However, I dont see that happening

7. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    San Diego would work for me. I'll be about an hour away from there at that point :)

8. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If the reasons Indy was chosen, and how much Sansweet talked it up, I would think it would be here again. They wanted a centrally located city in the US. Sorry but a lot of people will take pause and I honestly think C3 will lose a lot of East Coasters if it's in San Diego.

I think and hope it will be in Indy again.

9. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    To be honest, and this is not my usual j@goff self talking, I don't think C3 will take place in Indy. I think GL likes to move it - give people the chance all over the country to get to a SW event. He gives two craps about the money.

C1 - Denver. ie West coast.
    C2 - Indy. ie Midwest
    C3 - ???. ie East Coast.

I think front runners for C3 reside on the east coast. Not New York, because it's just too expensive. But maybe Boston, Baltimore, DC or someplace in that area.

Just my opinion. I'm not saying Indy sucked as a location for C2. I just think GL will want it on the east coast for the next one.

10. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    Nope I have heard that Wizards wnats it to be centrally located again so all people from around the counrty only have to travel the minimum distance. Indy has one of the few conventions centers thats indoors that can hold the amount of people that attend.

Of course the people would be vocal. Sansweet was there and when he is around people just scream and yell. That want C3 but it will not be a costal state. That was confirmed by Sansweet long ago. C3 will be centrally located.

11. Lamerson

Lamerson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    CIII is going to be at my hoppin' pad... just you wait and see...

you want SAOA, I'll give you SAOA!

I am now taking donations/bribes for "go anywhere you freakin please" passes.

12. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    The Indy convention center couldn't hold that many people. I think we can all agree to that. It would have been fine, except the estimated attendence was well short of what showed up. No blame again to Indy. Who'd thunk you'd get your estimated entire wekend attendence just the first day.

But I know one that can. Only the largest convention center in the world, three buildings, and all totally covered.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "...I'm not left handed."

C2 wasn't using all of the facilities available to them that weekend. Since they've already requested the entire CC for 2005, I think there will be plenty of room. Of course, having the space and allocating it wisely are two separate issues....as long as the realize everyone will want to see the actors and everyone could care less about many of the other things I think they'll be ok. Chicago's just too expensive for the average Fanboy lugging around his family....it would hold it nicely though, I can't deny that.

14. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I trhink Indy can handle it. It just needs to be a little better organized, thats all. a bigger portion allotted to autographs & open the dome for the BIG events. That would help alot.

15. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I'd be ok if it were in SD. I still think it needs to be in Portland, Oregon for the next one though.

Gregg

16. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Gregg,

Were you on ZPL this morning?

Sorry for going OT

17. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

Jorg_Sacul_from_C2 Jedi Master star 3

May 30, 2002
    NO, there will never be a

C III - P.O.

Smite thee mightily we will, bring that up again you will not!!

:D

18. DroidboyB9

DroidboyB9 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    Yeah that was me on ZPL. It's my covert plan to see the Indy Knights take over all that is media.

Ah come on George....C3-PO would be awesome.

Gregg

19. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
    CIII will be in Indianapolis. I have forseen it. It is our destiny.

In other words..

IT'S NOT GONNA BE IN FREAKIN' SAN DIEGO!!!!

20. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    Indy vs. SD

Zoo Y Y
    Bball Y N
    Bsball Y Y
    Fball y Y
    Hockey Y N
    Dome Y N
    Rabid
    SW fansY as if

As you can see there really is no contest. I would say that there will some kind of decision on the venue late 2002 early 2003.

And of course no matter the location I'm sure that we will be up to the task of assisting.

21. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
  22. Jorg_Sacul_from_C2

May 30, 2002
  23. Jedi_Dad-1138

Jedi_Dad-1138 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Nothing matters but being centrally located and having a dome. We are geeks. We will never leave the convention or go out in the sun.

24. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    CIII-P0 that is great! :)

Another thing that makes Indy better than San D. is LucasFilms knows that Indy has the best printer service around thanks to Sebulba!

Plus Indy has the Indy Knights! What does San D. have? The Sandy-knights? Please!

25. Boba_Binks

Sep 7, 2001
    Ok, I am a big geek. I just e-mailed Anthony, the real C3-P0 about the CIII-P0 thing. I will let you know what he says when I get a reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.