main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Celebration III Hotel Booking information

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BellaSabrina, Jun 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey all! This are the rates a fellow CR has given me regarding C3 hotel booking.

$134 per night for a single (1 person) 1 double bed
    $144 per night for a single (2 person) 1 king bed
    $154 per night for a single (3 person) 1 king bed, 1 roll out bed
    $164 per night for a single (4 person) 2 doubles

Please give me an answer on who is going or not by June 20th so I can relay this.

More information as I get it. :)

2. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I will in all liklihood be going. I don't want to miss the opportunity to hang out with all the cool people JC-ers.

¤Night

3. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I'm in. What hotel is that for the westin?

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    RJ, I'm not sure. I will find out for you guys.

5. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey so far I plan on getting to Indy on Tuesday and spend a few nights there before all the madness starts.

Soak in what the city has to offer.
    And I know Broad Ripple is a great place to go and drink.

So if anyone is interested in going there a few days before the convention let me know if you want to share a room.

Boston-Chris

6. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah we do have to start planning this out to get the best prices and whatnot. I won't mind going in with 3 others on a room for the best price. Somebody has GOT TO remind me to bring earplugs though. PLEASE!

7. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    If you're referring to my snoring Mike, I'll try not to. :p

I'm not sure yet what I'm doing yet or whether I'll be able to get that week off. I'll get back to you Marie. :)

8. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I'm going and that seems fine, but I am urged to wait for the fan club discounts.

9. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    No I was referring to stupid Ant at EFF...which you did NOT attend.

10. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Yeah sorry I couldn't make that...ya know, school commitments were kinda more important unfortunately.

11. JEDIMASTER6872

JEDIMASTER6872 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2004
    Well I will be going to CIII... this I know for sure... It will be hell frozen over before I miss it !!!!!!

Justin Manning

12. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hello, New Jersey FF!

I'm the fellow that's negotiating a deal on rooms and possibly pre-booking for all of FF.

Right now we are in the final stages of receiving submissions from all FF's regarding the number of people and rooms needed per chapter. From there I will be drawing up a proposal to GenCon. We can only hope that they will give us a further discount and even if this doesn't happen, I'm trying to get the issue of FF being allowed to prebook before the general public or at least GenCon holding a large block of rooms for us based on my submission of the numbers given to me by FF's.

So far we have these FF's participating:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Cleveland, OH
    Clarksburg/Bridgeport, WV
    Sweden FF (with a small contingent from Germany and Britain as well)
    Rochester, NY
    Waco, TX
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Buffalo, NY
    Tulare County FF
    New Jersey FF

I've also had some contact with the following chapters who may participate or are finalizing their numbers:
    Italy
    Vancouver, British Columbia
    France
    Long Island, NY

Folks, please feel free to pass the word along to other FF's in your region. We need to get the numbers up even more if GenCon is going to take the proposal seriously. This needs to happen quick as the deadline for submitting people attending/rooms needed ends July 1st.

The CR from the respective FF needs to PM me. If there is no CR for that particular chapter, then a recognized authority for that chapter is acceptable, but I will follow up on that.

NO padding of numbers. FF will not and can not pay for extra rooms not taken. This is why it is imperative that I get submissions of Definite people going. If there are possibles it's okay to submit that too but the number of definites and possiibles must be clearly marked as such.

Any help would be "hot".
    -Sal

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Thank you Sal!

Guys, if you could, let me know the rooms you would need. For example, Gary and I would need the room with 1 double bed. Let me know so I can tell Sal.

14. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Well I'm officially 1/3 of the financial way there so I think it's relatively safe to say I'm a definite.

No idea what I would do about a room though.

¤Night

15. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Well Tom if need be we can do a four-person room. You, me, Ant and R.J. This way we get the $40-per-person-a-night rate.

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    That's a smart idea and many of the groups are doing just that.

Take mine for instance. We have two "communal" rooms, 1 for single guys and 1 for single women. (not to mention the other rooms) Anyway, sincethe majority of your time will be spent at the con and the only time you'll primarily need to go back to your rooms is to drop off purchases, sleep and shower. The need for luxury accomadations isn't as important. Though I suspect the hotels next connected to the convention center have nice rooms anyway. Splitting the cost with as many people as possible serves to put money back in your pocket.

Here's one scenario you can use for your rooms:

In the case of a 4 person room or "communal" room, if two "keys" (probably cards) are available, elect two people in that respective room to be responsible for the keys. Choose a couple of meet-up times/place throughout the day, so that if anyone needs to go back to the room that doesn't have a key, they know when and where to meet the rest from their room.

It would be better that the person who has a key is NOT someone who plans on standing in the various lines for autographs and merchandise so that they, by default, make themselves available.

(Make sense?)

Anyway, however you choose to occupy your room and distribute the keys and such is your own choice. I'm just giving you something to ponder or build upon.
    The big key here is preperation.

17. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Yeah I'm thinking 4 people in a room is the way to go. It's the cheapest alternative.

18. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    Our room is set:

Tom
    R.J.
    Ant
    Myself

Sounds good.

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    So far it's just me & Gary in our room. My friend Tom is going to get his own room instead of rooming with Gary and I.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I need your FINAL definite people coutn and room count.

Also please breakdown what size rooms you need.

Ex: 1-2person room and 1-4person room

BellaSabrina, I need this no later than 8pm tonight (July 1st). The proposal to GenCon will be sent tomorrow so if you don't get these to me by 8 tonight, I can only count your FF as possible, which could hurt our overall cause. Please PM me this info. Thanks.

Sorry for the urgency, but time is VERY short.

Wish me luck tomorrow, but let's hope we don't need it.

MTFBWY!
    -Sal

21. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    4-person room for myself and 3 others.

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Sal, I just PMed you. Cutting it close at 7:55pm!

23. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Jul 1, 2002
    So what's the deal with this? Are we good to go?

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    When Sal gets back to me, I'll let you kiddies know :)

25. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey guys!

I just got word from Sal, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they are not honoring a group rate for Fan Force. I don't know the consequences off hand, but I do know that Sal tried VERY VERY hard to get us a special rate and all for the hotel.

Looks like we'll be on our own and have to book. Get crackin, kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.