Celebration III is in Indy!!!

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Feb 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey guys! I came across this today on Starwars.com: [link=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/01/news20040123.html]Celebration III[/link]

It sounds like they are making it much bigger and blastier than the last one. They're even making it four days long! I just hope that we're not stuck here at school taking finals. That would be really sad. :( Does anybody know when school is scheduled to get out next year?
  2. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think school is scheduled to get out whenever I decide to leave for Indy! Hmmmmm, time to befriend someone from Indy 'cause this aint gonna be cheap.
  3. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    They have the CIII boards up [link=http://boards.theforce.net/FanForce_Celebration_III/b10611/]here[/link] if you guys are interested in checking it out.
  4. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the link Jayna! Now, let's just pray for no finals!
  5. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, I hear that they are starting school early next year so that we get out early again. We start school before Labor Day! That's a bummer, but it'll be worth it if it means we're out in time for Celebration.
  6. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Is any of it going to be on the weekend? I didn't know about C1, missed C2, I will not miss C3!
  7. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I believe C3 starts on a Thursday and ends on a Sunday.

I am planning on being there unless my funds deplete totally. I'm moving home to save money so I really shouldn't be spending money on C3, but gosh darn it, I must go!
  8. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Indeed! I'll probably end up spending so much money working on the costumes I'm going to wear that I won't be able to afford to go :p
  9. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Lol, what costumes are you making? I always wanted to make one, but I'm not very good at that sort of thing. I tried to put together a Mara Jade costume and that went nowhere. Maybe I'll see if I can get it together for C3.
  10. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I would love to work on a Mara Jade costume! *note to all, I am a male so it wouldn't be for me, you sick puppies* Are you talking about the PVC type one from the CCG card?

Right now my plans are to have a different costume for each day. I have my Jedi, I almost have a Thrawn done (I have the GA uniform done, I just need the lenses which are mega bucks), I've been talking to some of the people in the costuming forum about putting together some generic Chiss military uniforms and walk around as a big group of Chiss one of the days, and I may try to get a Biker Scout, depending on if the guy I plan to buy from gets his ABS helmets done. Now, the tricky part is not only finding a way to transport it all, but finding someone that wouldn't mind me shacking up with 'em ;)
  11. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Lol, that sure is a lot. :) I would definitely appreciate any help on a costume. And yeah, I am looking at the CCG card outfit. So far I have the pants, top and boots. I asked my grandma to help me make the belt/armband things, but it didn't come out that great. Plus I need the cape and kneepads. It's not that much work, and now that I have a sewing machine it will be much easier, but I don't want it to look bad since there will be tons of people in high-class costumes there. :p If not, I'll just wear a different Star Wars t-shirt every day. :)
  12. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    wow, sounds like you have the main part of it done though. The cloak won't be too hard, and the rest of it shouldn't be either. I would imagine the hardest part would be the saber. I've seen a Mara Jade saber on e-bay once, but not for a while. It was actually done very well. I made quite a bit of headway with the motor on my new lathe today, so I plan to begin producing my own sabers by the beginning of the summer :D
  13. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Awesome! I looked for websites on how to make a lightsaber, but they seemed way too complicated for me. I might be able to figure it out if I got some help though ::wink wink nudge nudge:: ;)
  14. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ow! OW!!! Quit pokin'!! :p Hardware sabers aren't that hard, with the right guidance. Maybe we could schedule another saber paty during the summer? I have a few unfinished ones sitting in my living room ;)
  15. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Saber party? Well that sounds fun!

That reminds me of an old SNL Celebrity Jeopardy skit. "Saber!" "The category is S-words, not swords!" "It starts with a bloody S!" :D
  16. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    ha! Those skits are my favorite :D

A saber party is just when a bunch of people get together to build sabers. We had one a while back and kinda fizzled (it tends to take more than one day to build a saber). I'm up for finishing the one I started, once I get time of course :)
  17. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If we have it before the end of school, I still need to finish mine! :D
  18. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    When does school end for you guys?
  19. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think our last final exams are on the 28th of April? ?[face_plain] Something like that.
  20. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    It would be cool if we could get together sometime before then. Maybe for the next meeting?

I cannot WAIT for Celebration 3. Actually, I can't wait for Episode 3, period. :p I know people from the other message board I post on that went and all met up as a group, and they said it was the funnest thing. Plus, Hayden was there, and that's worth the price of admission right there. ;)
  21. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Unfortunately, beacuse of our commitments with the play, our next real meeting will probably have to wait until after April 4th. We can still get together for cards or something before that, but I can't see a full day of Star Wars fun and lightsaber building until after then.

Yeah- Celebration II was great. Hayden was there, and I guess for a while he borrowed a stormtrooper helmet and walked around amongst the crowd. Nobody recognized him because of the helmet, but it was really cool anyhow.

I think Celebration III is going to be even better. I can't wait.
  22. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, we don't have a performance on the third. I'm doing some volunteer work during the day with ERFSEDS, but maybe that night we could all get together??
  23. Jayna Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It sounds like my fam is going to come down and see me that weekend, so I will be with them.
  24. Q99213 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Are they coming down for the play?
  25. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    What play are you guys doing? I'll go see it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.