main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III logo revealed!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JediMaster22, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I LOVE IT!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/04/img/20040407_bg.jpg]

The new logo for Star Wars Celebration III harkens back to the patch that was originally designed for the cast and crew of The Empire Strikes Back. "Vader in Flames," as the design was called, was later modified and made available to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. As the emblem of Celebration III, the image speaks to the enduring nature of the Star Wars saga.
    It seems like a long wait until Star Wars Celebration III opens its doors at the Indiana Convention Center April 21 - 24, 2005, but it's not too early to start anticipating what looks to be the biggest Star Wars fan event to date.

As the summer progresses, look for news and details in the Community section of www.starwars.com,and at the official Celebration III website: www.starwarscelebration.com.

We can't give away too many surprises yet, but here's what we can tell you now. Celebration III should feature more Star Wars events, exclusives, and festivities than fans will find anyplace else:

Stars from the casts of all six Star Wars films.
    Magic-makers from the film crews.
    Special sneak peaks into the future of Star Wars.
    Treasures from the Lucasfilm archives - props and costumes and more.
    A variety of unique Star Wars entertainment brought together under one roof.
    More fan events, more fan creations, and more fan involvement than ever before.
    New Celebration III merchandise including an exclusive action figure available nowhere else.
    Improved Fan Club benefits - for members from all over the world.
    Look for more news, as well as information on hotels and tickets, coming later this summer on www.starwars.com, and www.starwarscelebration.com.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I saw and read that on the STAR WARS OFFICIAL SITE. It is a very cool logo and a very cool update. :) :cool:

3. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    looks good.

by the way jm, i was you on the "what jc'er are you" quiz :D

4. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Huh? what quiz?

5. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    some quiz i took that tells you what jc'er you are. i think it was valyn that posted a link to it, or maybe it was just in his thread. it was pretty funny.

6. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    What are you talking about ?[face_plain] How am I in a quiz? ?[face_plain]

7. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Very Cool .... In a Retro sort of way!

8. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Most interesting.

9. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    This looks great! They did a nice job make it stand out and look different without over-doing it. That logo is going to look awesome on the merchandise, which was one of my complaints about C2. The stuff they were selling was nice, but a bit dull. Attention to these details is encouraging; hopefully this is a positive sign of things to come.

10. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Love the logo, seems like much of the advertising and such is going to have a retro feel to it with the OT dvd promos and then the tie into EP3.

11. JawaGirl

JawaGirl Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2002
    Sweet! I hope they sell patches with the logo on them!
    *drools*

JawaGirl :)

12. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    jm, i dont know. you just take the quiz and after you've answered all the questions it comes up with someone you are like i guess. for instance, if you answer a couple questions about posting all the time you would end up as bib.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I like the logo...but I sorta wish they'd come up with something new. I think I'm just preparing myself for vintage throwback overload.

14. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    that wouldent be bad. better then all prequal stuff like we've had the last few years.

15. tobywanben

tobywanben Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2003
    Yes that is cool. I have a patch very similar to that from when I was a kid. I got it through the fan club back in 1981 or so. What a great flashback. That is the main reason I keep up with Star Wars--I have such great memories of Star Wars as a kid.

16. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Very cool logo! If they are selling a hoodie with it, I'm buying one!!! DV is my favorite character in the whole saga, so I think this is a perfect idea.

17. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I do like the logo also, and I am sure there won't be too much "throwback" style merchandise but enough hopefully to appeal to the first generation of STAR WARS fans as well as the new ones.

I hope they will preview some of the merchandise on the website so we know in advance what we want to buy when we get to Indianapolis, so there are no slow lines.

One of my big gripes about the store from Celebration 2. People who didn't know what they wanted when it came to be their turn to buy and being behind that person for say oh..5 minutes and watching the last of the Jorg Sacul figures go to the guy who was fifth behind you in another line on the last day. :mad:

Breath...Breathe...Alright I am ok now. :)

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I hope they have enough of everything this time. On the first day they ran out of extra large black t-shirts in just a few hours.

19. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    *FanForce SW-C3 forums fact of the week*

Most user with "vader" in their name or logo love the Celebration III logo ^_^

I think it's cool and all but I was hoping for something... new...

but I still like it. Will make a great pin to add to my collection.

20. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Ooooo~ I like that logo! :D

Very good choice for the whole Episode III feel.

21. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Mmmmm, I cannot wait for Celebration III... Vader everywhere! :D

So yes, I love the logo. ;)

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    heh... It's pretty cool looking.

23. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I dont like the logo.

24. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Something always bothered me about the logo and it suddenly clued in what it is!

Vader is wrong! They shouldn't have used him at all!!

Think about it.

Its Celebration III. C3. It obvious, the face on the logo should of course be C-3PO!

25. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    o_o

no message

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.