main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Celebration III~~ News and Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Anyone heard any news yet?? I've been waiting since August for where it's supposed to be but...still no word :(

2. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    I've been to celebration I & II and I will be there for III. It will probably be awhile before we hear any info on III. I can see it being on the east coast area...sigh.

3. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    i have heard it will be centrlly located once again...

4. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13818804&start=13929453

there's the Link to a thread about C III
    It says it is in Indy again

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    from what i hear its all but confirmed for Indy. Heard from Mara Jade Fan that San Diego was offered it but the convention center said no... I mean what the!

rumored to be around April 22 or so...

I guess we should start looking at hotels and such. You know it will be slammed with people.

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Well from what I hear it is confirmed for Indy and in April as well.

Gecko said he would post some more info he has on it.

7. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Ok...Here is the info....confirmed date and location. April 22-24 (per Gen Con Staff that
    is running C3), location Indianapolis.

8. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    OKay I am all packed and ready to go!

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    bumpedy bump

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    As far as reserving rooms - I was going to ask Sith Lord Aaron (resident CII/Indianapolis expert) what the hotel situation is there. If we can confirm at least a few people, maybe we should reserve a couple of rooms anyway near the convention - just to have at least something before they sell out...??

11. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that may be an idea. Gecko are you checking into that?

12. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Right off the top of my head I remember there is a Marriot across from and connected to the Convention Center by skywalks. I'll have to consult my sis-in-law and a AAA book for more hotels in and around downtown.

13. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Officially Announced at StarWars.com!

Celebration III Set for Indy
    January 23, 2004

Event Extended to Four Days: April 21 to 24, 2005
    The biggest Star Wars party will be even bigger, will return to Indianapolis, and has been extended to four days. Star Wars Celebration III, the much-anticipated fan gathering, has been confirmed for the Indiana Convention Center, April 21 to April 24, 2005.
    "We had such a great experience with Celebration II, that it just made sense to return to Indianapolis," says Steve Sansweet, Director of Content Management and head of Fan Relations for Lucasfilm. "Only this time, we're going to do it bigger and even better. It's going to be an event that no fan will want to miss."

Celebration II, also held in Indianapolis, attracted more than 26,000 fans from around the world. Advance indications point to a significant increase of attendants for Celebration III. To accommodate this larger audience, Celebration III will occupy the entire convention center, with the exception of the RCA Dome. Furthermore, it is now a four-day event, with the doors opening to the public around midday on Thursday, April 21.

Gen Con LLC will manage the convention on behalf of Lucasfilm and the official Star Wars Fan Club. "Gen Con is thrilled to be working with Lucasfilm on this very special event," said Peter Adkison, owner of Gen Con LLC, producer of Gen Con Indy, which also is held at the Indiana Convention Center. "Together I know that we will produce an event that will not only meet, but exceed, fans' expectations. With Lucasfilm behind this show 100%, it's going to be the biggest party in the history of the franchise."

The Celebration III announcement comes much earlier than similar announcements for the first two conventions. "We want to give our fans all over the world the chance to plan their vacation time for this one-of-a-kind event," said Sansweet. "We've already been getting requests for information from Australia to Hungary."

Details about programming, guests, activities, entertainment and exclusive merchandise at Celebration III will be released as they are confirmed closer to the convention date. As it did for Celebration II, starwars.com will post all the latest Celebration III information in the Community section of the site. The official Celebration III site will of course also have all the latest news. Online ordering for tickets and discounted hotel rooms is scheduled to begin later this summer.

14. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHH JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

15. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Word up! OK...now that it's been confirmed...I guess I'll have to bite my cheek and only dream that III will be held somewhere else (San Diego-Denver). But anyway, regardless where it will be held, I'll be there. I do recommend buying one of those giant atlas's from Wal*Mart ($4.99). Chock full of info and it shows where every walMart is in the nation (woo-hoo). It lists the stores w/ a tire/lube/express, pharmacy, photo lab, and so on. If any of you will be on a tight budget, I know I will, try getting a hotel outside of downtown. The room rates will be inexpensive compared to the ones near the convention center. I saved around $500-$700 on my room which was located about 5 miles from downtown. Also, call around to see if any hotels or car rentals offer discounts for your employer. Again, I saved 30% off of my room and rental car because I work for WalMart.

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay copied and pasted and printed ou the information to hand to my boss/mom and say this is where I will be for my vacation in 2005... any bonuses that you would like to give me for my birthday, etc will gladly be received in a plane ticket to Indy! :p

anyways, thanks for the info BrotherHalo, now I can start planning that vacation. Just need to check easter weekend dates.

boba-wait until we see what GHeck can fix up for us. He works for AmXp travel and said he was going to see about a group rate for the convention for us... at least I think that is what he said.

17. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
  18. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    My mom has made out some very helpful papers about planning some group rates. I will be bringing them to the next meeting so we can look over them.

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    I think we may have convinced another person to join us, which will help witht ehnumbers as well.

I turned in the sheet I printed out to request my days off! Only one person can get off around easter for that long and it is first come first serve... yeah!!

20. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    Her and my dad have already confirmed they were coming to me, they want my dreams to come true (hehe) and so yea they are going.

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    very cool! I wish my brother would come back early so that I could convince him and his wife to go with me. I think then she would realize he isn't obsessed with star wars.

So, how many people for sure are going to go?

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'm going (barring any unforeseen accidents or don't have enough money). Plus Julie and my two boys, so 4 total here.

23. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Put Yvonne and I down!

-Jess

24. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    What I am trying to find out from everyone is if we're staying at the same hotel or if we're staying at different ones. If we're going on the same flight or if we're all doing different ones. Sorry if I sound a little pushy but I want this to be as easy as possible for all of us :)

25. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, that's a good question. Are we going to go as a group? Are we going to meet up? Are we going solo? I plan on driving there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.