main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Celebration III~~ News and Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyNaberrie, Nov 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah! have fun you guys!

2. mandy_djo

mandy_djo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    hope you all have a little extra fun to make up for all of us who can't go! (but would would kill to get to go anyway....*cries*)

I want to hear about lots of stories when everyone returns from C3!

3. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    The flight from Phx to Indy was packed with Star Wars fans and their are just TONS of us here in downtown indy!!! Here are some pics from today.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v663/Jedimexx/

-- Roman & David

4. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Watch out! Star Wars geeks on the loose!!!!!

woohoo..Indy here I come!

Wook/TI2804 out!

5. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Hey Wook, you here yet?

6. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    nope..still here in the Land of Entrapment...

Head out to PHX tomorrow at 8:30. Should be in Indy by 3pm. I'll call you probably before the opening ceremonies - I'm meeting up with a Defenders group before then for pizza & beverages :)

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    w00t! We made it in one piece! The rain was a pain once we got into Indianapolis. I could barely see the markings on I-65. It was a nightmare! But we're at the hotel. Checking email and all that. I need rest for tomorrow. Doubt I'll get it, though!

8. nmfiredawg

nmfiredawg Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    Cool you made it. Don't be late 8-}

9. debeautimous

debeautimous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    I am sssooo jealous!!! :(

10. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    don't forget to pass out in front of George for me Bob! :p I wish I could be there to meet him, fullfill a life long dream of mine

11. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Man...after today....We know what hell feels like! Waiting in line for 10 1/2 hours to get into the C3 store. We were actually lucky though...they capped off the line and David and I were the last ones to get it. Day one and they already sold out on tons of stuff. But $657 later and I got what I needed. It totally blew standing in line that long in costume. But...it was well worth it! TON of great costumes here! Will post pics later. Saw Bob...Julie..and the boys...just waiting for a Wook sighting.

12. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    10 1/2 hours! That's crazy!

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    DAY 1 REPORT:

Yes, the lines here are frickin' crazy!

We spotted Roman and David for the first time across the street taking pics of a fan-made Chewbacca while the 501st were lining up for their parade.

Then on the way to get in line for entrance, as we were walking down the street, I spied this fella who looked amazingly familiar, despite having a ballcap pulled low over his brow. I stopped, walked back a few steps and sure enough. Temuera Morrison - Jango Fett - was working with a camera crew. I went up to the guy and asked if I could shake his hand. He smiled, stuck out his hand and said "Pleasure to meet you" in that slick deep accented voice of his - and man, that dude has a strog grip. Naturally, that was my first geekgasm of the day. After that, he walked up the steps of the FC entrance, and a few people looked upset as to why this guy was just going up there. It took everyone a few seconds to finally realize who it was and I just smiled as some of them pointed looking at Tem. What a cool thing to see and the con hadn't even started yet!

We saw Roman and David for the second time while we were lining up for entrance in the Fan Club line. What a joke. That line wound all the way around the back of the building, up onto the roof, and bent around the backside of the RCA Dome. And the wind was a blowin' like nothin' else. It was COLD. But the line finally started moving, and we FINALLY got into the center by about 1:30. There were still other fan club members behind us in line. The non-FC members were going to be let in at 1:00, but all FC members had to get in first. I don't think any non-FC members got in on Thursday until about 3:00. It was a madhouse.

After seeing Roman and David at line for the C3 Store, talking to jedibb123 off and on while they were in line, we knew we weren't gonna be able to do it on Thursday, so we didn't try. We ran around the Exhibit hall in the afternoon. Oh. My. God. The MR Clonetrooper helmets are AWESOME. I'll take some pics of them tomorrow and post them. They freakin' rock. I also took some pics of the upcoming Vader and Maul Koto statues and some other Code5 and MR stuff. The Gentle Giant display was mouthwatering, as was the Lego setup. They had some Lego builders in there working on a SUPERSIZE Episode III Republic Battle Cruiser. Holy cow it rocked my world. Hasbro also had all their stuff out - figures, playsets, Attacktix, you name it. The mini-blind people were set up - wow. And of course, all sorts of vendors from all over. Including those scalpers Brian's Toys. Whoa, did I say that out loud? Anyway, that room is too overwhelming for one visit, so next time I hit it, I'll take more pics. Sweet jebus that room is full of goodies designed to make your pocketbook ache with emptiness.

Since the C3 Store line was a wash (and the "Fast Path" idea sunk like a stoe - supposedly, they ran out of Fast Path bracelets all on Thursday and nobody ever caught onto the concept) we decided to just grab a bite to eat and wait for the Opening Ceremonies. At this time, I knew Roman and David weren't gonna make it since they were still in line. Ben, Sonya, and Destyni still might, since they were closer up front. Well, we waited outside again for this line - almost on the roof. Rather, this time, just the stairs. This was limited to 5000 seats, and people were pretty upset at the length of the line and it was still 2 hours out. Well, Ben managed to make it out of the store as we were moving in for seating. They came in line with us and we managed to get decent seats.

Opening the Ceremonies was Lord Vader and Stormtrooper, Clone, and Scout troopers. They all stormed on stage - it was completely awesome! Even our beloved Mara_Jade_Fan made the parade! Steve Sansweet MCed the Ceremonies. Rick McCallum showed up with some words of encouragement. The VP of Licensing/President of LucasArts showed up and showed the video from Battle of the Heroes with a tiny bit of new footage contained in it. Some other people showed up but most nota

14. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
  15. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Here is the 501st Group Photo

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v99/TD5151/MISC/501-mainphoto.jpg]

16. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    I loved it!!!!! met a lot of nice people from all ove the universe and had lot's of fun.... the Rick McCallun spectacular was the highlight, Awesome does not even cut it to describe it.

17. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Meeting several FF members I've only spoken to online was excellent. Except, I never got to see any of our neighbors to the north. Where were you guys all weekend? Other than Jillian's?

Nabooty_Call, Jedi Dajuan, Jedi Master Rafa, Bobafett25, and several others, as well as several others from Bikerscout.net. It was awesome. Unfortunately, no pictures (where was that camera when I needed it?) but it was still great meeting so many other fans!

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Friday I was doing the JBS thing, and I had to go back to my room to take a nap, since I was exhausted from the night before (getting into town, setting up the X-Wing, the RMFF Party and waiting up for our X-Wing Crew Chief to hit town at 3AM so we could help him unload his truck after having car trouble :( )

I was pretty easy to spot on Friday, since I was bathed in orange and chained the X-Wing all day [face_laugh]

Saturday, I was commando'd out, so I may have been hard to spot ;)

Sunday, you were in the fan room for the 20 minutes I wasn't all day long [face_laugh]

19. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    I had a blast, sorry I didn't see any of you Albucracky people out and about. ;)

20. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    WHAT????? LadyAnakinSkywalker? Is that you? You had better call me....where have you been? Call!!!!

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Oh yeah... And the guy you left the t-shirt w/ was Jedi_Pilot ;)

22. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    JOCELYN? YOU WERE THERE? HOW COME I NEVER SAW YOU??!?!?!

Oh yeah, that whole tens of thousands of people thing...

I heard a statistic from Mary Franklin. Counting the number of pre-registrations in addition to the one day registrations for Saturday - 63,000. WOW.

23. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    man, ms_vantress' costume looks great in the group photo. I am glad she made it in...

By the way, G4TechTv's Attack of the Show is doing a special on C3 tonight at 5pm, for any who want to see.

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Julie took a pic with Erin after the pageant. Her costume looked great!

25. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    bob, can you send me the pic or post it? Erin wants me to email it to her. Also, want to put it on the syndicate website if its cool with ya'll...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.