Pacific Celebration III - Pacific Region Fan Force table is a GO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    As far as staffing is concerned, I know there are many that would like to, but would also like to see everything at the con (myself included). So, if every club in the PRFF has at least ten members volunteering to staff for an hour each, then that would cover the con hours, giving everyone adequate time to check everything out. Basically, the more volunteers, the less time you have to spend at the booth! :)
  2. Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Cool, I've mentioned to a few people I can help but I better say it here too. May the Force be with you all.
  3. marmakecam Jedi Master

star 4
    We don't even have 10 members. :(
  4. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    There, there, marma.

What he says is true, though...and he himself isn't going to be really available to man this.

I can manage to work everyday (not every hour, mind you :~) ) to help out, as long as it doesn't conflict with the opening ceremonies or any handmaiden/costuming stuff. ;~)
  5. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    bant,
    thanks for offering to work the table each day.. hopefully we won't need you to do so, but it depends on how many other willing enthusiastic volunteers we get.

why don't you sign up in the volunteers thread that breezy started...

james
  6. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    getting back together here for the new year:

how about some ideas for a banner art and tagline for the booth:

"Don't underestimate the west side of the Force"

a cool motif for artwork would be a Death Star II type design but the outline of the construction would be in the shape of the pacific coastline?

or we could just have a banner that has the outlines of the states we cover...

7. PrincessLeah Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'd love to help at the table during C3! Let me know if there are still any shifts to cover.

Thanks!

Leah W. :)
  8. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi jawa, I have been giving your suggestions for a banner some thought.
    It?s not bad, but, it?s a little too ?imperial? for me. Could we come up with something that combines the ideals of both the rebel alliance and the imperial forces together?

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    I have been doing some more pondering how to meld the dark and light side of the force together and
    I thought up a tagline this morning

The Pacific Regional Fanforce- a ?force? to be reckoned with.
    (we can leave out the quotes around the word force, I only put them their to emphasize the use of the word)
    That is pretty neutral and the ?force? to be reckoned with can be either the dark or light side depending on one?s own perspective.
    I also thought of the last bit as
    A ?force? to be reckoned with since 1977
    But then I thought peeps might get the idea we have been a club since 1977 when I meant that we (at least I) have been Star Wars fans since 1977

I like the idea of the banner being an outline of the pacific coast, but instead of being just a death star motif, how about if the upper half is maybe the Hoth rebel base melding into a death star motif for the lower half? or maybe instead of Hoth, the scene on Tatooine with Luke looking longingly up at Tatooine's twin suns setting near the horizon (as in he longs to be up there, in space), symbolizing his journey from a simple moisture farm boy to the Jedi Knight who ultimately defeats the Emperor and fulfilling his destiny

Another Idea for a tagline could be
    The Pacific Regional Fanforce- nearer to the bright center of the universe
  10. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i like the Tatooine sunset approach... perhaps over a west coast sunset on the pacific?

also think that the 'bright center of the universe' is a cool idea for a tagline!
  11. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    even better!
    now who among us is artistic enough and has the photoshop (or other design software) skills to bring it to fruition?
  12. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I saw Mary Franklin at Steve Sansweet's house on Sunday. She was busy working on the floor plan for the fan events room. :D It should be a great Celebration. :D
  13. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    Sorry I haven't been in touch about the Celebration III Pacific Fan Force table in a while. Anyway, hopefully you've had some time to come up with your club flyers that you want to distribute at Celebration. As you know, any materials have to be approved by LFL, and I would like to submit one packet, electronically or by snail mail with everyone's sample flyers and whatnot in a few weeks.

So please send me by March 15th either an electronic copy (PDF or Word is preferred) or a hard copy (PM me for mailing address).

Things to put on a flyer:
    - club name, logo, location (if not part of name),
    tagline, etc.
    - typical types of events and activities
    - website or other contact info

Also, i would like to put together a Pacific Region
    flyer that lists all the clubs of the Pac Region and a
    general link to the fanforce site. anyone want to help
    me with design on that? I will put together a generic
    sign-in form that will hopefully cover everyone's
    needs.

------------------
    Booth design-
    we've had a few people volunteer to help create a
    banner to put behind the table.. we will need the
    banner art approved as well, so we need a final design
    for that. We kicked around a few ideas on the table
    discussion thread but we need an artist to help finish a
    design - binary sunset over the pacific region?

Also, if you club has a small banner that they also
    want to bring for the table, send me a pic or image of
    it to include in the approval packet.

-----------
    Staffing the table:
    So far starwars.com has announced some of the
    different events and programs that will be going on at
    C3, but no final schedule yet. Please try to get as
    many people from your clubs who plan on attending c3
    to volunteer to sit at the table - we need to keep it
    staffed at all times... but it should be fun since
    we'll be around other fan clubs. Once the schedule is
    posted, we will start dividing up the timeslots.

Volunteer sign-up thread:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Pacific_Regional_Discussion/b10049/17826457/

Thanks again for helping make this happen!

James
  14. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi james! I was just getting ready to post this question as you were posting your info so it would seem that most of these questions do not have answers as of yet, but could you address them when you are able?:
    Okay, I know from the starwars.com site that we will be in exhibit hall c.
    Do we have our assigned spots yet?
    Also, if the fan tables are to be manned from 12 noon the day of the show, do those who want to volunteer at that time have a special entrance into the center so they can by-pass the long line to get in?

15. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i would guess (from my experience at other conventions) that whoever is signed up for the first shifts each day will be allowed to enter the hall before opening in order to be at the table at opening. this person would most likely need an exhibitor badge if C3 will be providing those to fan club tables. if C3 does not provide us with exhibitor badges, then the first person on shift needs to rush in to be at the table.

i will contact Mary to find out about exhibitor badge and getting in prior to opening.
  16. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oooh.. in that case, sign me up for opening shifts :p
  17. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    what timing!

i just got an email today from mary that covers the exact issue:

----
    Thanks for your patience! I know that some of you are waiting for approvals on booth and give-away materials, and I promise I will get to those today. The beauty of working when the building is closed!

I?d like to go over general things here that apply to everyone or most of you.

· You will be arranged in 4-booth islands. Each island will share a standard electrical outlet box with a quad plug, so I suggest bringing extension cords and other equipment you need to plug in what you need.

[James note: Do we need electricity? I don't think we were planning on any electric items]

· You may order Internet, furniture, extra electric, and other services through the exhibit services company for the show. I?ll get you in touch with the exhibit people. You will be charged for any services you order.

[James note: I don't think we need anything extra]

· Please remember I need to see all materials for your booth, banners, video, plans for events, charities, anything you intend to exhibit.

· I?ve asked a few of you to make changes in your graphics. I?ll need to see them again for approval.

· Some of you have asked about charity drives at your tables. You may do that, but you are responsible for everything involved with the charity drive. Please run specific charities through me first.

· Your free Fan Club table consists of a 10? x 10? area with a table and two chairs. You?ll have drape behind your table, and you can hang banners on that drape if you wish.

· The Fan Tables will be part of the Fan Fair Hall, in Hall C of the Convention Center.
    · Hours: Thursday 12 Noon ? 8 PM
    o Friday and Saturday 9 AM ? 7 PM
    o Sunday 9 AM ? 4 PM

You?re required to always have at least one representative of your club in your booth during all hours that the Fan Fair Hall is open.

Two people from your group may trade in their admission badges for associate badges, which will allow them into the hall on Wednesday to set up, and up to 1 hour early each day.

The Hall will open Wednesday for set-up from 9:00 AM ? 8:00 PM. The hall will open Thursday morning for set-up at 9:00 AM.

Everything in your Fan Club area must be set up before 12 noon on Thursday, April 21.

The Fan Fair hall will be swept of people each night, and locked. There will be security on duty, but I recommend taking anything that?s valuable with you at night.

Here?s what I need from you now:

Any outstanding approvals.
    James note: that's pretty much all of our flyers and banner images

The names of your two representatives who will be trading their badges for Associate badges.
    Linda + myself, but we can trade around if others are to work the starting shift

Cell phone number for one member of your group who will be your official contact at the show
    that would be mine
    Information (listed above) for exhibitor services.

------------------
    Because she wants 'any outstanding approvals' now, if you have your flyers and banner images ready now, please send them to me ASAP so i can start sending her stuff for approval. Don't wait until the March 15 deadline i asked for!

18. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    As far as extras
    I would like us to have an extra chair or two. For every time I am volunteering, my daughter will be with me so between us we take up the two chairs already provided, we should have extra just in case.

19. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    we may have to pay for an extra chair. i will try to find out how much it will be.
  20. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    At comic con, if we needed an extra chair, we always asked neighboring booths if they needed all of their alloted chairs and tables. Oftentimes, they would say no and just give us the extra chair.
  21. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    Received: Mos Everett flyer.
    Thanks!
  22. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    i passed the Mos Everett flyer on for LFL approval, and asked about a cost for an extra chair.. and submitted my and linda's name for associate badges.

although thinking about it:
    we get 2 chairs. chances are that any particular time, only one person will be staffing the table, so the second chair can be used by cate's kiddo when she's on duty.

23. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    oops, I didn't realize we'd incurr cost for another chair. don't go ahead with it if it costs us
    I have one of those folding tripod camp chairs that has a strap for carring on your back like a sling-pack. I will see if it will fit in my luggage and bring it with me if I can.
  24. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Don't go thru all that trouble Cate... we won't have to pay for another chair. I'm pretty sure I can beg, borrow, or steal one for you. ;)
  25. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    Received and submitted for approval: Mos Everett flyer, San Diego flyer.
    Still need Ventura, San Francisco, Spokane flyers and and banner stuff
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.