main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Celebration III - Pacific Region Fan Force table is a GO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawajames , Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    good! hope to meet everyone in a few days!

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    When you all get back, please post details of how the tabling went!! If you have pics, post them as well.

3. bobafett25

bobafett25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 1998
    Just got back tonight.

I was at the table from 12:00pm until 1:00pm on Sunday of the Celebration

Had a few people ask questions and take some flyers, but that was about it.
    The biggest question I did have was about websites. I think for the next time that we have a Fan Force table set up, it would be a good idea to have websites and/or email contacts for all the Pacific Fan Force chapters and categorize them by state, etc.

Other than that, everything went well.

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I missed most of my shift (sucky lines grrrrrrrrrrrrr) but I did some relief work!

Our Jar collected neasrly 30$

5. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    bobafett is right - we probably should have had a generic flyer to direct people to the various chapters that have individual websites, and a link to fan force's general site.

thanks to everyone who helped make our table a success, and thanks to some of the gang from Mos Everett for chipping in for the banner/copying costs!

6. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Overall, things went really well. I enjoyed my time at the fan table. There was so much else going on in that hall that it was never boring. I managed to get quite a few people to fill out the registration forms and even have a few from my area that I need to reply to now that we are back from the con.

I did have one screw-up happen the last day of the convention that turned out to be a mixed blessing.
    I was on at 1 and had planned to go see the costume cabaret at 2 when my shift ended at that time, but my relief never showed up and their relief never showed up either, so I spent the last three hours of the con stuck (well, it felt that way even though I still had some fun it there- how can you not- because of wanting to go see the Cabaret) at the fan table. I was not about to abandon my post since we had an agreement to keep it manned throughout the con and I did not want to risk being banned from having a fan table at future conventions. (I also had no way to contact James to look into getting a fill-in person because I didn?t write his number down). I also had to endure a bored preteen, my daughter, who was with me. Oh, and three hours is a long time without a bathroom break either, thank you very much, so I did have to make Bianca sit at the table so I could run into the ladies room, which I hope was not a violation of our agreement for having the table, seeing as how she is only 11.

I call this a mixed blessing because of something that happened while I was there. I and my daughter had entered a raffle earlier that was being done by the rebel legions table for a T-shirt that said ?Mon Mothma Say Rebel!? on the front. The raffle was held around 2 while we were still there waiting for my 2 o?clock relief person to show up. My daughter Bianca won the raffle! She isn?t as big a fan of the Mon Mothma character as I am and the T was too big for her to wear and so, she gave it to me. I thought it would be cool to get it signed by Caroline Blakiston, who was next door in the autograph hall signing as it turned out. Only, I was stuck there at the table, so I decided to wait to see if my relief showed up to go do that before running to hall G to see the Cabaret. Then no-one showed up at three either, so, I decided that if they did not show up by 3:15, then I would send my Daughter over to get the autograph, even though I would miss seeing Caroline up close myself. Well, one of the other Mos Everett members, who hadn?t signed up for a shift, sauntered by to see ?What?s Up?. I asked him if he was busy at the moment, and had him watch the table for me while I ran next door and got the autograph, so he did (Thank you so much Lenny!) and I ran next door with Shirt and daughter in tow, got the autograph (Caroline Loooooved the shirt by the way, but she said signing shirts is a pain, but she did so with a smile anyway) got a pic of myself and my daughter with Caroline, ran back to the Hall so Lenny could go enjoy the last moments of the convention doing something else.

I am still disappointed that I did not get to see the cabaret, especially since Cheryl (Rebelmom) had managed to get seats right in front which she was saving for us if we had managed to get there before she was forced to give them up), however, if not for what happened, I would not have the cool shirt with the autograph which I am going to display in a frame in my home, so, since I am assuming that it was due to some unavoidable and unfortunate circumstance that the two people who did not show up for their shifts, there are no hard feelings about that on my part.

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey congratulations on meeting the Fearless Leader herself AND getting the autograph. Our shift went well, and friends who are with Northern CA FF sat with us, then told us to "go play" with the Younglings while they finished up the last 10-15 minutes. So I got to go into the "Battle Arena" next to the table and Train the Younglings for quite a while. The neat thing is that there was this one boy, about 8-9 who came up to me and quitetly asked, "Master Obi-Wan, will you train me?" He bowed properly and was extremly respectful. He then told me, "In my heart, I know I'm a Jedi. I just need the training." Ok, that was a magic moment for me. I worked with him for about an hour, and the kid was a natural with a saber. All the time, very respectful, incredible concentration, and discussing different Jedi Philosophy. Wow, just wow! So, If I hadn't been at the table (where I met some awsome other fans) and hadn't had friends insist that I go "Play" with the younglings, I would have never had that unbelievable Master/Padawan moment. When I had to go, the boy bowed and told me, "Master Obi-Wan, I will always remember your teachings. I will be a good Jedi, I promise you." How do you top that!?

So, James, thank you for setting this up, so the SW magic can continue to work in others.

Master K

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    AWW! Kim, did anyone get pictures of this??

9. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I think a couple of my friends did. Sure hope so! :)

10. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    finished captioning my photos:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127539592

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.