main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Celebration III.......planning and information thread.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    That is so classic that there is a picture of Yoda on the car. :)

2. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey everyone! Man what a week it was in Indy at Celebration III.

I came back to work on Tuesday night onto a double shift and have been a little too tired between the trip and working to post.

Just got to make it to this weekend so I can rest.

I need another vacation to recover from the last one.

3. hitmbig

hitmbig Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 6, 2004
    I looked at pics from CIII tonight. Appeared to a great time. Packed big time though!

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    It does look like you guys had a good time.

5. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Packed big time though!

You ain't kidding! While most estimates put the crowd at around 30-35,000 I read one report that had the attendance estimated at 42,500! :eek:

The worst crowd was definitely for the C3 store. I got in line for the store around 10:15 or so Saturday morning and didn't reach the register until 5:15 :eek: About 60% of the stuff was gone by 12:00 Saturday and by the time I got up there, about 75% was gone. I had to special order one of the T-shirts I wanted to get my son, but other than that, I managed to get just about everything I wanted.

Oddly enough, some of the best things to see there didn't have bad wait times if you got into line early enough. The best was the collecting forums. No waiting, plenty of seats, and a very nice set of 21 trading cards. I guess they were also giving away the same "Ewoks" annimation cels that they give away in the Fan Club kit. I must have missed those though.

6. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah I got to see a few of the collecting forums I think next time I will be at more of those.

Mike thanks for the set of cards you gave me at the airport, you rock!!! :D

I had a great time hanging with you at the con.

You had to get in line early most days to get where you wanted to be first thing at the con.

I was practically up at 5:30 every morning getting ready and out the door by 6:00 to 6:30 each morning almost.

I think when Celebration 4 comes around un 2007 we can all organize and go together hopefully.

Aaron I have you Celebration III Vader waiting for you and I got a convention bag with catalogs and stuff inside too.

7. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks Chris, that was a pretty cool thing to do for me given how hectic it was down there. Vrry stand up and I truly appriciate it!

8. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    For a limited time (May 2 to May 9) you can order Celebration III stuff at Star Wars Shop.com

Alot of this stuff sold out fast and I was only able to purchase some of it.

I had to wait in line all day the first day :(

Thanks Gen Con!!!! :mad:

But I did enjoy the other 3 days of the convention. :)

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not real happy about the "exclusive" C3 stuff ending up at sws.com. If this was left-over stuff fine, but like you said Chris, alot of this stuff was listed as "SOLD OUT" at C3 when in fact it was being held back. I think sws.com did a HUGE injustice to the people who waited for hours in line to get this stuff only to be turned away.

10. hitmbig

Oct 6, 2004
    Wow, I have more negative things about CIII than positive.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at C3, got to see alot of things that I never thought I would have the chance to. Met so really cool people from all over the place and got to hang for a bit with Chris and Jeff. The biggest negative for me was the whole way the store was handled. Even as pathetically as it was run, the good memories from C3 will be remembered alot longer than the chaos of the C3 Store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.