main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III - Return to Indy

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Jedi_Junkie, Feb 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    Ok, everyone else has a thread, so why shouldn't we!? As we all know, or should know, Celebration III was finally announced as being in:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    April 21st-25th 2005.

I know some of us are already obsessing over where to stay, and what to wear. In fact, some of us are already working on a daily breakdown of activities. <_< *whistles* (I wouldn't know who) This is a great thing to talk about for a while, so who plans to go?

2. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Kim and I and six of our friends are planning on going. Im glad they expanded the area to the whole complex, there should be less congestion. We aren't planning on booking hotels or getting passes until late summer.

3. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    Jedijunkie thanks for posting this because now (we) I have a year to plan and save $$$$$$ to go Im in and why did they pick Indi agian I thought it was going to be in NY.

4. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm already working on the Hotel business because a few hotels that allow super advance booking are already sold out for those dates. I think we'll end up staying at the same place we stayed at last time, the Motel 6 in Speedway. It's cheap, fairly close, and as comfortable as a foreign place can be. A friend of mine is also going to try and accompany us, but it all depends on mulah, as always.

You're very welcome, Demon. I think they chose Indy again because the last convention was so successful there, the complex is HUGE. I personally wouldn't attend if it were in NY. Too much crime, and way too freaking expensive.

5. PsychoYoda

PsychoYoda Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2004
    It is probably returning to Indy since the biggest turn out was at Indy, plus the fact that it is affordable for more fans. NY is to pricey. I thought Indy was great and am happy to be returning with my family (Jedi_Junkie). It will be great fun.

6. ohiojedi

ohiojedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2003
    hi all..

i plan on attending as i did in 2002, me and my wife are very interested,( me more )in going. The hotels there will be pretty much booked up by next fall, people from all over the world plan on attending as we have seen last time. I think having the celebration there is really cool for us, cuz as we know, we dont need to fly there, and definetly dont have to worry about spending too much $$ on lodging and food, souvnirs are optional...hehe...but since this is the final chapter and celebration, we all need to think in advanced and get the ball rolling on reservations...

7. Jedi_Junkie

Feb 6, 2003
    At CII everyone was saying how hard it was to find hotel rooms and such at the last minute, but we didn't have any trouble. In fact, there were plenty of hotels around Indy that weren't booked solid, the Motel 6 we stayed at was fairly empty. I think the hotels in the downtown area will definitely be sold out, but if you don't mind a ten to twenty minute drive there will probably be plenty of available rooms in the suburbs and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.