main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III - Who is going?

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by DarthLucanas, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well its getting closer only 14 months away. I can't wait. Who is going? I would love to start organizing now and anyones help or know how is needed.

I would really like for Rhode Squadron to have a strong presence at Celebration III.

Here are a few ideas and some I saw at Celebration II

1. Chapter badges / I.D badges to wear.
    2. T-shirts to exchange with other chapter members at Indy.
    3. Business cards to exchange with other chapter members.
    4. Make a special chapter T-Shirt that ties in with
    C 3
    ( and without violating anything legal with Lucanfilms)
    5. Make dinner plans to meet with members from
    other chapters.
    6. Things or places to go at night after C3 day
    activities.

Some of these ideas might be a little costly but I am willing to put up a good portion of cost if enough people want to go and participate.
    Any other ideas?

2. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Count me in!

3. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    I went to Celebration 1 (when it was just called Celebration). We were repeatedly told throughout the weekend that, no, it hardly ever rains in Denver. I'm left mainly with a series of images:

*The guy in the superb wookie costume... looking like a wet dog.
    *All the jedi clutching their damp robes around themselves, trying to keep warm.
    *Anthony Daniels moving around the line ropes to fit as many fans as possible under covering (we weren't sure it was him at first).
    *The 3 hour line (in the rain) to get into the gift shop to buy the same Hasbro junk that was available 2 days later at Target (we stopped in an Omaha Target on the way home)
    *The look on my wife's face on the first day in the first line... loathing, contempt, plots of revenge
    *The look on my wife's face when Terry Brooks signed her early edition copy of Sword of Shannarra (her favorite book)... the reason I'm still married. Actually, he was pretty cool about it too - he looked totally bored and sick of Star Wars fans by then, and then she pulled out that book and a big smile lit his face.
    *The two Klingons who showed up

I still have the *cough* $80 signed, limited edition Ep 1 novel still in the plastic in a box someplace. "No Honey, really, its a great investment - it'll go for HUGE money on ebay!"

I'd be willing to go again - I wonder if I could volunteer to work the Con as a Hasbro employee...

4. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    I want to go!! I will have limited funds so I can't be spending too much money on random stuff though. My only obstacle is that I will be student teaching at the time so I need to figure out how to get time off or be "sick". Heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.