main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Celebration III: Why Indy?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Indianasthedogsname, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indianasthedogsname

Indianasthedogsname Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    Hi, I just have this burning question and I live in San Jose (no SJ/Bay Area chapter yet? WHY?)and it concerns the SW Celebrations. Why are they all out of state? Wasn't "The Man" born in California? Isn't his immense top-secret compound in Marin County, in California? Didn't he go to USC which is in California? So, why not have Celebraion III in California? Doesn't that make sense? I'm not just saying this because I haven't been able to go to any because of the distance away, but, Why? I think if they want to make a lot of fans here happy they should have it in the Star Wars state. CA. Just my idea. Thanks

Indiana

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Well the reason why C3 is in Indy is because Indy is in the middle of the country. As much as it would be so awesome to have C3 out here in Lucas's home state I think the planners for the Celebrations want it to be in the middle so it's equal distant from the West and East coast cities. To answer you question about why there isn't a San Jose club, there use to be a South Bay SW club but they didn't have activity for a long while so the boards were requested to be taken down.

3. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    They still have a club, they just don't use these message boards. Here's their URL:
    http://www.sbswfc.com
    Apparently there's a lot of clubs in the Bay Area, you just have to search for them. They'll all be at Wondercon though.

Once our club gets going, we should all do something together.

4. Miss_Offee

Miss_Offee Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2003
    I think they should have planned for it to be in California but oh well.
    I second that comment BLT :)
    A friend of mine that lives in San Jose just joined that club.

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I am still hoping it will be in San Diego. The Online petition to hold Star Wars in San Diego is in my signature.

If you want to start a San Jose FanForce chapter, all I need is 3 people to PM me to state they would like to start one. After receiving 3 PMs from people in 3 different places of residence, I will open up a San Jose forum for you.

Again, please refrain from posting links to other groups not related to fanforce.

6. BizarreLoveTriangle

BizarreLoveTriangle Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2003
    Rox said it was okay, since there is no unfamily friendly material on www.sbswfc.com. Besides, we're in San Francisco. (San Jose is a totally different city.)
    And people post links to the 501st and Rebel Legion all the time, they are not affiliated with Fan Force.

We want to unite the Star Wars fans, not divide them. :D STAR WARS RULES!!!! :D :D :D

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I did mention that things were delicate didn't I? I knew the South Bay folks have their own boards but I was just stating why there was no San Jose TFN club. Let's not get things out of hand here.

8. SithBadAss

SithBadAss Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    hello all, this is my second post on these boards and I'm new to it. But I think it is time we all come together and unite all clubs in the bay area! I think those that say things are delicate, are actually not being content with everyone here. I'd like to know why things are so delicate! I would also like to know that after being on these boards for 2 minutes I have found so many posts about a situation between 2 clubs.
    If the fan force is unable to unite other clubs in the bay area, I suggest new leadership is needed. I call for a vote of no confidence in (place for supposed leader of the SF fan force).

vote now vote now vote now!

<wookies yelling> <Et waving his hands>

9. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I have a feeling that you are going to get banned for that name SBA

I live about an hour from San Fran and 30 minutes from San Jose. I was thinking of making a fan force but I don't know 2 other people that are in my area, other than my brother.

10. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Apparently I'm missing something fairly significant...
    where has it been stated that Celebration III will be in Indy?!? ?[face_plain]
    It's an event that's still 2 years away...
    MUCH too early for anything to be confirmed.
    Please provide your source for this info. Thanks.

11. SithBadAss

SithBadAss Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    How do I change my name then?

12. vadersdream

vadersdream Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    I actually e mailed the editor of the insider and he confirmed that it will be in indiana again. Depite the fact that Paizo Publishing is incorporated in Oregon.

13. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    Hey SithBad A**...
    I think you will have to re register...no biggy!

14. vadersdream

vadersdream Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    I re registered as Vader's Dream :-D I hope that's cool with theforce.net

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Off-Topic: There is nothing wrong with the user name SithBadAss, feel free to use that name if you wish. The only problem would come if you started acting like one. ;) In the future if anyone has a question about the appropriatness of a user name or a signature, feel free to clear it with me first.

Back On-Topic: I still say Celebration III will be in So California... that would be great for all of us, not so far to travel. It was hard getting to Indiana last time for C2. Two people from So Cal had to rent a U-haul and drive across the country with everyone's lightsabers, armor, weapons, other costumes since after 9/11 the airlines stopped allowing props on board. It took them 3 days to drive to Indiana, then we all had to pick up our props from them in Indiana, and then return our props to them on the last day so they could drive them back home for us. At least if it was somewhere in California, we would all be able to drive to wherever it was.

Edit: spelling

16. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Here's a question and response by those at SW.com;

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20030318.html

FYI:

I'm in San Jose, and I think a combination of forces would be great, although it is probably suitable to have keep 'local' groups separate, and then come together for the 'combined' meeting every few months. It's a bit much to combine a few cities at this time due to the fact it's difficult to meet all together and there is too much miscommunication here on the boards. Think of it as the US Gov't if you will. We have reps from each city group, who then meet to represent the 'area/section of state'.

Just my 2 cents

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Nicely said Six. :) Maybe Celebration III can be in Cali. May the Force be with us!

18. indigovic

indigovic Star Wars Fan Club star 1 VIP

Mar 26, 2003
    >I actually e mailed the editor of the insider and he confirmed that it will be in indiana again. Depite the fact that paizo Publishing is incorporated in Oregon.<

Paizo Publishing is incorporated (and located) in Washington. (Perhaps you were thinking of Dark Horse? They're in Oregon.)

I can assure you that Dave Gross, the editor of Insider, didn't confirm anything - we at Paizo couldn't possibly confirm one way or another, as, so far as we know, the final decision has not been made yet. Dave has been known to comment that he thinks Indy is *likely*, though...

-Vic Wertz
    Scruffy-looking Nerfherder
    The Official Star Wars Fan Club

19. mgmcpa

mgmcpa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2001
    The airlines have not banned props on board. I went to Indy with a Stormtrooper Gun, Leia's pistol from Endor, 2 metal replica lightsabers and other misc prop weapons in my luggage.

The deal is that you have to 1, put them in checked luggage (no carry ons) 2, label them clearly as props (we rubberbanded paper labels onto each item and placed at the top of the suitcases for easy inspection), and 3, tell the attendant when you check in that you have prop weapons in your luggage.

Airlines still allow for actual guns in checked luggage, so they can't ban fakes.

It was a bit of a pain, but still very possible to bring all our costuming supplies to Indy. Although, I would love a CA Celebration III.

20. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, there's still no official word on where C III will be held, at least none that I've heard. But if it's on the West Coast, it'll be hard for me to go, because even if the airlines will let me bring costumes and props on board, it'll still be a major hassle to do so. [face_plain]
    For C II, I was able to drive to Indy. It took about 12 hours one way, but I was able to do it. :)

21. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    A yo....I want this Celebration 3 to be here in Cali...u smeeeell what the rock is cookin?

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Well as much as C3 being in Cali would be off the hook it will most likely be in Indy again due to how nicely the facilities were laid out there for C2. But you never know... so may the Force be with us...

23. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    well...it looks like I'll have to buy some plane tix and go off to Indiana...and grab me some poontang pie while I'm away from the con!

24. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Celle III will be in Indy so all of the Millions, {and Millions} of the SW fans will be heading to the mid-west. We'll bring the Whoop'n, so there better be some A$$ !!!

25. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The battle of The Rock catch phrases... this is getting scary... ANYWAY! It DOESN'T MATTER! The winner between The Six and The Rock, will have go ONE ON ONE WITH ROGUE ONE! ;) *does the JUST BRING IT hand gesture*

Well looks like we'll have to prepare for ground assualt in Indy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.