main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    :rolleyes: I guess they block out the "s" at the end of your last name and assume it's a first. The worst I ever get is people who can't make the leap between Terry and Theresa, or who pronounce my last name like it's in sanscrit or something.

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    LOL. How can someone make sanscrit from MacEwan?

Anyway, what program are you using Liann? (If you're using Photoshop, could you send me the *.PSD file?) Also, are you using the light or the darkside picture?

3. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I've had some of the most bizarre pronunciations imaginable. I mean it's probably one of the most recognisable last names in the city and yet they seem to stumble on the Ewan (Eowon, and Iaon are common ones).

What she's done with the badges is put light and dark on either side, so it's double sided. It looks fantastic, all we have to do is get them laminated. :)

4. princess-lia

princess-lia Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    i just used what was in those links, i'm not sure if i can e-mail them to you, i'm having trouble with the internet at home

5. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    i was just checking out our hotel info and check in time isn't till 3pm :( maybe if we get in to indy tuesday night we should stay there so we don't have to wait so late to check in.

i don't think i'm going to bring the laptop, our hotel has internet access anyway

just to confirm Shanna you want your name in all lower case letters? Terry you want it GeekGirl76 not geekgirl76 ?

6. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I hope you all are planning on attending our party on Fri. evening. At the very least, please stop by our fan table. I'd love to meet you!

7. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
  8. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!I'm freaking out!

...okay. I got that off my chest. I'm feeling better now.

4 days?

OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!OMG I'm freaking out!

...okay. NOW I feel better. Good to go. :D

9. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah figured it wouldn't be til later on in the day. Ahh well. Yeah I guess we'll have to see what time we get there.

So my robe came and bloody thing doesn't fit so ya know if anyone wants to buy a robe for $120 CDN lemme know

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    LOL Berk. [face_laugh]

Is your robe too big, or too small?

11. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yay only one more day of work, this week has gone by so slowly

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I got a buttload of stuff to do tomorrow. I gotta get my money out, pick up my birth certificate (man that was expensive), get some new headphones (damn dog got ahold of them)

If anyone hasn't gotten there money out by now they'd better do it tomorrow. The banks won't open til after we leave on Monday...

There was a suggestion on the C3 boards that it might be a good idea to pack an extra pair of shoes for this. It'd be great to change shoes halfway through the day so they don't stink and your feet feel fresher.

13. princess-lia

Sep 24, 2004
    gel inserts would be a good idea for shoes, i have some for my costumes boots and they are so comfortable

Heres some news on the fan club lounge :)

14. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Agh, good thing you think of these things, I meant to pick some up for my boots as I haven't really broken them in.

15. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    My robe is too small but the lady said she'll fix it at c3 and swap it so I'm good I think.

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yay last day of work, only 10 1/2 hours till i'm on holiday :p only 3 more sleeps till we leave :D

fyi Terry as of thursday they are banning lighters as carrying on items, they'll confiscate them

17. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    You know, it really is ridiculous, I can't bring scissors that aren?t safety (like Kit hasn't used for years) but I asked last time and the 12" knitting needle is o.k. (I'm not bothering to risk it). I think it's easier to kill someone with a 12" metal spike than a pair of manicure scissors. :rolleyes: Do you know if they?ll allow matches? Not that I can ever find a smoking lounge in airports anymore, Edmonton was the only one that had one anywhere near our gate (and it was rather groddy).

18. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    It's really ridiculous that they don't allow nail files... Oh no! I'm going to give the pilot a manicure! :rolleyes:

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    you can use it on wednesday cause it doesn't go into effect till thursday so just not coming back :)

20. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL, that's exactlly what Kit said when I was going through my purse putting all the "contraban" in my suitcase. "Why the nail clippers? What are you going to do, threaten to give everyone on the plane a manicure?".
    I'm wondering if some official bought shares in Bic or something. Everyone has to buy a new lighter when they land. That or the anti-smoking lobby strikes again. (well, if they can't light them maybe they'll decide to quit.) :p And here I remember smoking ON a plane. [face_devil]

21. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    Here's a discussion on it in the CIII forum.

22. Ky-Wan

Sep 19, 2002
    I just can't wait till I take my sword on vacation again next year....................should be fun.

23. princess-lia

Sep 24, 2004
    yay the schedule is out, finally

what hall is the lego contest in?

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh too much to do today

25. ms_ventress

ms_ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2004
    do you guys know if i can bring a can of hairspray (aerosol) and Staticguard spray on a airplane? they are both "contents under pressure" and I have already called United and they won't give me a straight answer, the customer service guy said i found a loophole with the hairspray cause it falls kindof into one of the "exceptions" catagories. I am sure i can find a Walmart or something in the states to get these items, but it would me much easier to just take them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.