Celebration III

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by fingthething, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh ya, I almost forgot,

SHOTGUN!!!

18 months isn't to soon to call it. ;)
  2. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Let's just hope I'm driving part of the way... ;) :D
  3. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Kit and Faye want to come too so I guess we'll get a room just for us. Will a 15 person bus be big enough?
    Also I'll warn everyone now, I'm kind of neurotic about navigating so feel free to slap me if I get too posesive of the maps :D

I know everyone is cringing at the idea of a 10 year old along but she really is great on road trips, she got all the way to Toronto with 2 "are we there yet"s and one was a joke. She's really good at keeping herself amused.
  4. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am sure I will have plenty of extra diapers for Shanna... :) Sounds like Danny will need some too, with his 12 pack of Coke!

Anyone heard anything yet? As you know I am avoiding the main pages of StarWars.com and theforce.net to stay spoiler free, so... :)

Indy
  5. TK-713 Jedi Knight

I agree with the ROAD TRIP idea. I think it would alot of fun, besides we could drive all day and night if we want to. We all have our drivers, so there is alot of drivers to pick from. Plus I have a RADIAR Detector(LOL).

Flying is such a pain in the ass.

I guess will have to wait and see what happens.
  6. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    The problem is that you need a class 4 licence to drive anything with space for more than 12 passengers...
  7. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    O.k, everyone with a class 4 licence pipe up, I don't drive at all so I'm out. (but I navigate, and I rarely get anyone lost :D )
    Has anyone called a charter company to find out if that route is reasonable?
  8. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't see it being all that hard to get a Class 4 licence...

Indy
  9. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Well I have a class 1 and if ya keep enough pepsi in me I promise I won't put us in a ditch ;)
  10. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got a Class 3 license :)
  11. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    The only driving I do is from the back seat ;)
  12. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    I plan on getting a class 1 by next summer...
  13. banana Jedi Master

star 4
    I just will not drink it we get there :p
    hahaha LOL

bananan :D
  14. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    I got to admit as well... I got a small bladder *lol*
  15. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi there,

I know I've only posted on your boards once before, but I'm a major lurker. Some friends and I are planning to go to Celebration and would love to go in with you guys on getting some rooms. We are looking at probably just one room, there will be at least three maybe six of us going. If all six go two will be children so we should have no problem fitting in one room. My friends all live in the Toronto area so I was looking at either flying to Toronto and driving from their with them or maybe flying directly there. I don't think its too bad a drive from Toronto.
    Anyways its a ways away and too early to decide. I would like to meet up with all of you some time, sounds like you had a lot of fun at Halloween and working on your fanfilm.

Liann
  16. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hello again!

You should stop by more often... we would love to have you around more!

Indy
  17. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks, I'll try, liann
  18. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    For reference: You'll need your birth certificate and a piece of photo ID to cross into the states. Also if you're taking any children that you aren't the legal guardian of you'll need a letter stating you have permission. As well as the children's birth certificate. I know this is common sense but some ppl might need to be reminded to go pick up their b.c. :)
  19. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Passports arn't a bad idea too, it isn't absolutely nessasary but it can't hurt.
  20. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    It also takes up to six months (my mom used to work there) so if you're going to do that route then make sure to aply about now. (unless you already have one)
  21. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Well speaking as someone who crosses the border a fair bit (Heck the US border is only 30 km away) a driver's license is more than enough.

For those of you without a driver's license then a birth certificate and some form of photo id is fine.

I've never known anyone who has been asked to provide a passport (that is a Canadian citizen).
  22. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    When I went down there (I flew) I needed my b.c. I didn't have it with me but the customs dude was cool. Just told me to make sure I had it next time.
  23. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    lol I have a moterhome, or rather my father does........:)

24. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
  25. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    It can sleep 6 I think if I remember correctlym haven't used it since I was a boy, probably needs some reapirs but if I do end up going I'll check and see if I can use it and if it needs repairs. You only need a class 5 for one of them. At least that's what it used to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.