main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by fingthething, Nov 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Well that's good for transporting six of us.. but so far it looks like it'll be more than that... We'll see how it looks come crunch time

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    That, and we would be far away from the convention center if we had to find a camp ground :(

3. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    We could get a room at a motor inn and some could sleep in the motorhome and some in the hotel... we could run a cord into the room for power.. don't know about heat though ;)

Anyways if the motorhome has air brakes you'll beed air brakes certification which only costs about $50 and is good for life. I already have it and I imagine Dave does too if he has his class 3.

That van I was talking about borrowing is here right now. It seats fifteen and has a huge luggage rack on top. I might need to tell a little white lie to borrow it but I don't see a problem in getting it.

4. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    This just in from the 501st Executive Officer. I thought I'd pass it along to you all.

-------------------

Hi folks,

Met with the Gen Con staff (we are working with them this weekend)
    and confirmed date and location. April 22-24 (per Gen Con Staff that
    is running C3), location Indianapolis.

Tim
    LXO

5. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Excellent! Thanks for the info! :)

6. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
  7. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    hopefully they'll announce/confirm it soon so plans can be made. liann

9. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I know they haven't actually anounced yet but did we pick a hotel? I assume everyone is making thier own reservations but I know Chris mentioned a group thing with the Niagra group, are we still plotting that?

10. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    For some reason, I was under the impression that Danny was going to make some final arrangements. Am I wrong in this? ?[face_plain]

11. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    He had mentioned it, yes, but until we know for sure where it is going to be... as well, we would probably need to get him some money, as hotel rooms are expensive.

Indy

12. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I won't have my money til March... I'll be payin then

13. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Its finally been announced. Celebration III April 21-24 in Indianapolis it is now a four day event. Tickets to go on sale this summer. The announcment is on the official site. YEAH. I think the announcement must have just gone up because I havne't seen any talk of it on the boards. Liann

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    FINALLY!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

15. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    So who's booking the hotel? ;)

16. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    Oh Ye of little faith! We've only been saying this for HOW long now???? Doubters!!!!

17. Darth_Haggis

Mar 21, 2002
    We agreed with you, it's just that some people don't enjoy committing money before there is official confirmation. ;)

18. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    So who's booking the hotel?

You are, Steve... ;)

19. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Well, Faye took one look at the map and announced that her and Kit were flying. :)
    I did some math and its about 38 hours not including rest stops to pee, food stops, or tacky tourist leg stretching stops. How many drivers we have is going to determine if we drive right through or stop at least once to sleep. I can sleep in any moving vehicle at the drop of a hat but I don't drive, I know there are lots of people who can't sleep in cars. Anyone?

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm not sure if I'm flying or not. I wouldn't mind driving with you all if there's room for me. I can drive but if a special license is needed I only have a regular one. So sounds like it might take two plus days to drive depending if you drive straight through or take your time. I'm very excited. Liann

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I have my class 1 so I can drive anything. I believe Dave (redeyekho) also said he has his class 3 or 2? :confused: If we were to rent (or borrow, as I'm hoping to be able to do) a mini-bus you need a class 3 I believe...

22. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    'Sides, I thought the plan all along WAS to take a week off and spend a couple days going down there? We can get some cheap hotels or something along the way and some can sleep in the van or whatnot... I dunno. I guess this needs more planning

23. banana

banana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 29, 2003
    I am with fay I willing to fly you, all know how much I go to bath room. so I was not looking to forward to sitting in a car so long and if we fly we could do some looking around :)

banana :D

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I was just checking airfares for the same time this year and it looks like it'll be around $600 including tax. They weren't giving out fares for as far ahead as next april. I can't decide if i want to spend that long in a car. liann

25. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Ha! Faye actually thought you would be more than willing to fly. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.