main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    As an FYI it looks like Celebration III is headed for Indy again.

Tragic has once again booked three rooms at the Westin two of which are up for grabs. Start saving your pennies folks. Just a little over 500 days until the last big Star Wars party.

2. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    I so much want to go. :_|

Anyone up for going with me and splitting on stuff? I figure a buddy situation would split the cost.

3. Darth_Sunder

Darth_Sunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I figured if I ever went it would be for the final chapter. But alas, I can't think that far ahead with financial planing.

But I'm looking into this.

4. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey Tragic ;)
    I'd love to grab one, trouble is that it's during my exam period. Still, I'm not missing this!

5. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

I may need to. Yet I need to do the buddy thing aswell. Trying to stick as many people as I can in a room ;)

Granted this is in the middle of the school year for me, yet I already made sure that my second semister is a flyby (Lineup and Celebration III!)

Mabye if like four of us split the room costs... ?[face_plain]

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Lynora and I will be going for sure. We want a hotel that is close to the event. Can anyone recommend one...

7. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Again, see Tragic, we're taking one so 2 rooms available....

8. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Tessa...will Sam and Frodo Buddy up??

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Sure, yet I suggest attacking other people on sharing a room aswell. I'm going to be a poor student next year (Unless I get a ruddy agent >.< )

10. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    People will definitely buddy up. Last year we had 6 people in my room. Cramped, but really fun, and definitely lowered the costs.

11. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Well I must go. So who ever wants to buddy up. I may be able to convince Pepper, so we would likely have a bit of a road trip on our hands, which would be ubber cool.

12. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003
    The more the merrier! For everyone! Deb, wanna share the room aswell then? >.<

13. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Mike - the Westin is right across the street from the convention centre and connected by a walkway.

It's perfect for scooting back to drop off your shopping purchases or doing a quick change into a costume and returning to the scene of the crime. Also good because the Convention Centre wasn't letting anyone line up prior to 6am. So you sit comfortably in your room and the second you see the line begin froming, rush on down.

The rooms I've booked are about $250/night (after taxes) - are non-smoking with two double beds. Anyone looking to jam a room full, these certainly have got the space. Last time around, the price I got reserving direct online was $10/night less than the Con rate. That may or may not hold true this time round. No need to lock yourself in now - this is just an fyi. If you need a room, I've got a couple extra reserved.

14. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Tess and Deb, and anyone else who wants to join us i would suggest we start looking into rooms.

15. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

Tragic, I think our little group of 'students in need of money' will reserve on of your rooms. :)

How many nights do we need he room?

16. SamwiseGamgee

Oct 25, 2003
    Agreed Tessa. Once we have a room book its then a personal matter of coming up with the cash and the way there. I beleive there was discussion of a Bus. However I think that is a pipe dream right now so I have a feeling that car pooling might save some cash. plus it may make a stellar road trip.

17. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I'll go in for a room - it's pretty far off in the future but better to say yes now.

Road trip + 6 people in a room = cheaper and more fun experience.

Speaking of which, where is Mori_Fett?? I still owe him $25 for gas from the last time!

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Put us down for a room Tragic :)

19. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I sooo want to go!

20. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Then you should go :)

21. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I would love to go, and i'm going to try and plan my exams around this lol!

So i shall try and be in for sharing a room with someone.

22. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Some of us are trying to get a list together of who wants a room.

The idea is that once the official announcement is made we then approach a hotel and say we want to book X rooms. Can you get us a better rate?

We can also try to get the rooms all on one floor, so we can all stick together.

There is a thread in Niagara, and in Edmonton as well. We've been sharing discussions to try and make this a Canada-wide idea. I'm sure we can fill a floor at one of the attached hotels.!

23. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Hmm here is a question though, Chances are the hotel is going to sell out anyways and they will probably know this..

Why would they give discounts if they know they are going to fill up?

24. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Even if we can't get a great deal, at least Canada FanForce would be together on the same floor, which I think would be cool :)

25. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Count me out. No money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.