main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Celebration III

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I hope so too ;)

2. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    If there was a bus going down from Toronto, I get the feeling that some people from out west would be willing to fly to Toronto (cheap on WestJet) and join in on the bus trip. (This way they can still have a "Road Trip" without the multiple days on the road...)

3. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    agrees ^_^

although the customs will be interesting to go trought...

Yeah I don't know I liked my trip the last time around.

4. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

i definetely want to go but i'm not sure what i'm doing yet..not even sure where i'll be living around then so its hard to say but i definetely want to be a part of it. if theres still room in one of the rooms closer to the time i'll probably see if i can get in on it..

in the meantime its just too far away to tell

5. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    It may seem far away but you will be surprised at how quickly it will be upon us. Especially if you plan to have something like a costume finished for the con.

I know I would like to make a second costume among other things. I am not sure people would appreciate me wearing the same costume 4 days straight :p

I missed the concert last time. I heard it was amazing. Hopefully they will have it again.

Starting to save those pennies.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

6. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I am aiming for an Anakin AOTC costume :)

What costumes would you like Alex?

7. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Not sure if this has been covered... I just skimmed back through part of the thread and didn't see it so...

Has the date for this thing been set in stone yet?

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yup :) April 21 to April 24, 2005.

9. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, terrific. During university exams. Well, I won't know if I'll be able to attend until late February next year. Time to put this out of my mind until then.

10. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Not sure about a second costume. I will probably have club T-Shirts I can wear for a couple of days.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

11. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Hey STYROFOAM_GUY - So is there any interest in a chartered bus.

A Chartered Bus sounds great if we can get enough people? - shouldn't be a problem!

I can round up some people

U 'Ave an E-Mail address for direct contact in gettin' tha Bugz out of a plan!

12. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Adam, you can save the gas money for C3. ;) Speaking of which, do you ever take the 25 Don Mills bus, between 9pm - 12am?

I'll definitely be going so I'm interested in the "bunking room" idea. I should also be driving down again.
    :)

13. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I was waiting for you to post! Maybe we'll do the convoy with the walkie talkies to talk between cars again. That seemed to work well. :)

14. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I have not thought about organizing a chartered bus. I was throwing the idea out.

I helped arrange for one several years ago for our company softball tournament in the US.

It was a 3 day thing. Leave on Friday return on Sunday. I know we had to pay for the drivers room and any tolls. I think it was a 55 seat bus but we had only about 25 people on the bus. Lots of room to stretch out. There was also a vcr and TVs.

For this trip I don?t know if we can order the bus for only the Wednesday trip down and the Monday trip back. If that was possible the cost would be a lot cheaper.

I also don?t know what path it would take to pick up people or if there would be one pick up point.

I know if the bus was an option at a half decent price I would go this route. Not having to worry about driving and the atmosphere would be great.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

15. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    If you can find out information about that and that it comes down under 300$, I'll catch a ride with you.

And I know a couple of people here (in Montreal) who would probably do so as well.

16. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Mori,

Yup, I take the 25 usually between 1am-3am. I get off work around then. Have I been spotted? That seems to be a popular route, a few months ago, around that time, I could have sworn I saw Dancin' Ken at Don Mills Stn. In fact, I'll keep swearing until the day I stop. Which is now. So, i stop.

As for gas money, yup, we'll work something out :)

As for C3, I'm not sure if I'll be going. Don't know if I'll have the mulla and I want to visit the New York line for a few days. And by the time I do know if I'll be going, hotel and transport will be tough to secure. Blah. Always in motion the future is...

17. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    Styrofoam_Guy - If the chartered bus idea seems like a reality 2 U send me an E-mail and we'll get goin' on it! captainsithpark@sympatico.ca

Looks like we have some interest in the trip down!

18. Capt-SithPaark

Feb 24, 2004
    It's quite neat 2 C groups forming and plans getting under-way for TRAVEL to C3!

The Rocky Mountain FanForce of Denver has a Caravan so-to-speak with some Special vehicular plans under-way - It's a C3 trip 2 remember

A group out of Boston (Millenium Penguin)is also forming a trip from there to Indy for C3!

I'm sure there are more than enough people from The 'Big Smoke' wanting to attend C3 while travelling in numbers (No formation required really!)

Is there any Interest?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.