main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    It's official! Celebration III is set for Indy from April 21-24, 2005. That's plenty of time to prepare if you ever thought about going to one of these. If any of you are interested let me know, because we are already going to start looking at hotel room reservations. Since the news hit the official site tonight there is bound to be a lot of early birds trying to get places to stay. Are plan is to not rent a car this time but stay in room close to the convention center.
    So far this is who is planning to go:
    Me
    Adam
    My brother, Russell

I talked to my brother and he is going to see who in the Boise chapter is planning to go, so perhaps we can work out arrangements together.
    Since this is likely to be the last event of its kind, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and definitly worth doing.
    As a veteran of the previous two, I can answer most questions you might have about this.
    This may be a year and three months a way but it won't be long until you hear, "The first transport is away."

2. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    IFSWA-
    You can probably count me in from Boise. I'm no longer an "official" member of the club here, but I still hang out with its members and attend the meetings occasionally. The last time I went (Celebration II) with your very own Boskone_Kenobi and Mrs_Strahd, I recieved a phone call the first night we were there that my best friend was killed...let's just say it ruined the entire thing for me. This would be a great way to make up for the terrible tragedy of the last convention. So I'd like to go! Feel free to PM me and discuss hotel arrangements and such. This celebration along with this coming film will likely be the two best new editions to SW as we know it...and the last. It's sad in some ways. Let me know... thanks!
    Kasey Knowlton
    Former Member/Public Relations
    The New Boise Order

3. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Barry and the Wife are attending, come hell or high water. I just finished painting and customizing my new X wing helmet and cant wait to show it off.

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Right on Barry...maybe we can share a hotel room again! But this time things will be different.

5. skywalker325

skywalker325 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm definitely planning to go, and may try to drag some of my college kids with me.

I might look into staying with some of my TFN buddies rather than renting a hotel though.

6. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Skywalker, you've got Indianapolis friends from theforce.net? Are you driving or flying down? Just curious.
    I've officially decided I'm in, while I may not know how it's going to work financially yet, there is no way I can pass this up! From all I'm hearing about the celebration as well as the movie, "this will be a day long remembered..." My friend here in Boise, Adam-aka-DarkAnakin will probably be going with me, as well as several of the New Boise Order members. If I could arrange to split costs with you guys from Idaho Falls and the gang here, we could get a rather large suite somewhere for cheap if we all went in on it together. Thoughts? Remember, booking of hotel rooms and such will need to be done sooner than later so if any of you are interested in doing this, please let me know asap. Thanks!

7. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm definitely interested in seeing what kind od resources we can pull together with the two chapters. Right now I'm not sure what all we can organize just yet. Most of the hotels don't take reservations for more than a year in advance. Although, that year mark is coming up fast. From what I'm hearing as far as hotels goes is to hold off until the blocks of rooms are available through the official fan club this summer. They are suppose to be better deals. I'd really like to make it as affordable as possible. Not sure about plane flight deals but it would be good if we could all arrange the same flight maybe.

8. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm all for it. Get in touch with Russ and let me know what happens!

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I even tried to price airline tickets, but it looks like it is still way too early. Here is a quote from a hyperspace Steve Sansweet chat:

"Discount hotel rooms will go on sale around the same time as we do online ticketing in late summer. We have many hotel rooms blocked and I would strongly suggest waiting until the discounted rooms are posted to make your reservation. Indianapolis is a convention city, and there will be more than enough hotel rooms for everyone who wants one."

From people I've heard from that did this last time it sounds like the way to go. The thing is they could sneak this on us all of the sudden so we should be ready. It would be good before the year mark hits if we have a pretty final list of who is going and who wants to go in on this. I think we could get a suite easy. I'm glad there is interest over in Boise, it would be cool to have a good Idaho presence over there. Maybe part of one of the hotels will become "Little Idaho"

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I agree on both accounts. We need to know who is going for sure and price it out early. We'll be talking over Celebration III at our meeting here in Boise on Saturday and I'll talk to Russ and see what he says.

11. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Hey again....well we decided at the meeting that all of us wanted to go uncluding my friend Adam. So from Boise we've got me, Adam, Cody, Russ, Eric, and James. Marc might be going but there is no definate there yet. So now we just need to pay special attention to the boards and to starwars.com to see when the hotel reservations are going to open...Are we wanting to get like two rooms to all share or one BIG room? What do you guys think? And how many from your end are going? Thanks!

12. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    No, sorry, Marc's not going.... He'll be at a film school somewhere far, far away... (smirk)

13. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    These are who are locked down in IF, Me, Adam, Barry and his wife. Plus a friend in LA will liely meet us there. I'm thinking of suite would work best. A few others might come depending on circumstances but they are getting there own place, and I'm guessing that's what Barry will do.

14. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The wife likes her privacy, but I like to be cheap even more. My vote will be for chipping in for a suite.

15. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    My question is, how much is a suite and will it hold ten or more people?
    Also, is there going to be a "reservation fee" and if so, how do we get that payed to ensure we have a suite?

16. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Over at the City Rep forum it sounds like the fan club rooms averaged around $129 a night. Split several ways this would be somewhat affordable. I will try to find more info about how it worked last time, but not totally sure. I'm thinking you could cram four in a room at once, but also not sure about that. Hopefully we get a bit more info before the reservations come up. I'm thinking of coming to one of your next meetings as an IF represenative to talk about it more as I do some more research.

17. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    -I'm thinking of coming to one of your next meetings as an IF represenative to talk about it more as I do some more research.-

Now that's dedication. That would be awesome if you could do that, but don't stress yourself out if it looks difficult to come. I am glad that we're dialoguing like this now so that we're ready, or at least "more ready" than others might be. Should we call up some local hotels in Indianapolis and see what their policies are or do we just wait for word from SW.com?

18. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    It's not too big of a deal to go over there. I visit Russell every now and then and I was thinking of heading over there anyway. I suppose it might be a good idea to call hotels just to get an idea of what's available. normally it doesn't cost anything to make a reservation. I think I get so excited about CIII I find myself wanting to get everything squared away soon. I keep forgetting that with CII we found out much later in the year. I think Celebration I we had only five months notice.

19. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Actually, Eric from over was getting rates, and a really good suite was about 200. I don't know about reservation fees but the hotel was close. He'll know more as he finds it out.

20. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    That could be good. That could actually turn out a bit cheaper if the two rooms are a good size. Which hotel is it? It is starting to sound like the most expensive part of the trip will be flying to Indianapolis. I'm not sure if they are taking flight reservations yet.

21. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Yes, flying will be the worst part...other than the actual spending you'll do while there. Glad to see you're coming down...

22. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Celebration 3 intrested parties:

Here is what I know so far. The Marriot and Westin inns are the hotels that directly connect with the convention center. They are assumably the nicest and probably the most costly. They are 219.00 a night for a room that can have 5 people. I am asking around for info about other hotel people stayed at for celebration 2. I think most of us would like to stay pretty close to the convention center though. at around 40.00 a night per person, I don't think thats to bad and hopefully the "Lucas Housing Authority" will cut the fans an even better deal when the time comes.
    I will continue to pursue this and report back regularly.

Eric

"Thats from Eric over here in Boise, I'm sure some of you may have already recieved this via e-mail, but I thought I'd better post it."

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Let everyone know that I did some more checking and if we stay a little further from the Convention center, the price drops to between 100.00 to 159.00 depending on location. Thanks for posting the other info. I think we should find a way to get everyone to input on where we want to stay and get a reservation in, even if we change it later. Do you know if Russell's brother is going to visit soon? Anyway thanks for posting this stuff for me.

Eric

"Here's some more info. Shall we start making reservations or wait a bit longer?"

24. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm thinking of making it to your next meeting. it depends when it is. The IFSWA meets next on April 9.
    Mainly I'd like something that wouldn't require renting a car. We probably could go ahead and reserve one of the cheaper places becuase we can always cancel when the fan club rooms go up. One thing I do remember about C2, was there was a ton of hotels next to the convention center. And there may have been some real cheap ones within walking distance. I remember a Super 8 next to where we parked our car. I'm not sure what kind of transportation there was to and from the airport. Some of the big hotels had a shuttle I think.

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I acutally wouldn't mind doing one of the "pricery" hotels, considering with split costs it will be cheap. If we stay at the Marriot across the street, it costs $234 a night, but with free breakfast in the morning. And since there will be early mornings, we should try this perhaps? Should we call them up and make a reservation?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.