main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Jan 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    OK! If you want a good deal for round trip tickets go to travelocity.com
    They've got round trip tickets for only $224! It may be different if you're flying out of Salt Lake, but probably not by much...That's a good deal. All the other places I've checked are either really weird times for only like $20 bucks cheaper or way more expensive. I called a couple travel agents and the cheapest I could get was like $280 or $300! So if you guys are still going and want good tickets and to ride down with people you know, go this route. We did our for a Wednesday departure at 11am with a connecting flight in Denver. This flight leaves at 2:55pm and arrives in Indiana at 6:20pm. Our flight leaves Monday night and gets back in Boise around 11pm. And if any of you are going to stay through Sunday, we've got a Motel 6 reserved for that day for really cheap. Thanks!

2. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok gang. We now have 6 guys from our end going for sure. Russ, Ron, Bill, Cody, Adam and myself. Cody will probably have a room somewhere else. So that makes 5 in our room. Like Oscar the Gungan said, we can mix and match depending on numbers. All that matters is that the rooms are paid for each night. It's going to be cheap with so many going!

3. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ron, Bill, Adam and myself are all on the same flight to and from the convention. Anybody on your end have plane tickets yet?

4. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    James has now moved into the "official" 100% for sure going to CIII. Good to have you with us Idaho!

He will not share the same flight but expect another head to account for with our hotel rooms.

5. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    So pretty much everyone from over is for sure coming now. What is going on down there? How many are coming???

6. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Adam, Derek, and I are going from Wednesday to Sunday night. Barry and Valerie are coming Thursday night and staying until Sunday

7. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Ok. So there's plenty of extra space in your room for a couple of our guys? We will certainly have to mix and match as we've got like 7-8 people coming down from our end.

8. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Ihope you guys still have the extra room reserved it sounds like with that many we are going to need it.

9. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    What does anyone think about the FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion party on the 22nd.
    I kind of what to wait to see what is going on at Celebration 3 during that time, since this year their are activities goin gon until midnight. I think they want $20 a piece for the FanForce party. I think they want to know soon who is going but I'd like to wait to see what's going on at the convention instead. What does anyone else think?

This is the schedule:

Tentative Show Hours*
    Thursday, April 21: Noon - 11:00 PM
    Noon - 1:00 pm - Official Star Wars Fan Club members only
    1:00 pm - Doors open to all
    Friday, April 22: 9:00 am - Midnight
    9:00 - 10:00 am - Official Star Wars Fan Club members only
    10:00 am - Doors open to all
    Saturday, April 23: 9:00 AM - Midnight
    Sunday, April 24: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm

10. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    A bunch of us over here are going. It will be an agenda item at our next meeting. I'll let you know the number of people going for sure by this weekend.
    Also, we have 7-8 people coming from our end to CIII.
    You've got 5, 2 of them coming a bit later on Thursday. So if we disperse evenly, we could have 6 in each room and we'd still be ok I think. Thoughts?

11. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I think six to a room might be pushing it. I've already decided I'm bringing a sleeping bag. Although I doubt I will be sleeping much. There are certain things I might get into line very early in the morning for. Like any A-list celebs autograph or something like that so I doubt I will sleep much.
    I called the Best Western about getting the rooms next to each other but they said I need to contact the Star Wars housing authority on that one. So I will find the info and see if we can arrange that. I'm not sure how I feel about six to a room, is there going to be enough room to breath? I guess that makes it $20 a night which is pretty good. More money for other stuff.
    If you have more than that though. We really need to look at a third room.
    Since Russell and I are going to have to pay for each room up front. Which is going to total $480 a room for the four nights. We are really going to need the dough in advance, but we can work that out as the time gets closer.

12. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I think 6 is plausible. 2 to each bed. That's 4. The other two on the floor. But, I still have those other rooms, so we aren't in trouble yet. More to come after our meeting Saturday...

13. JediHJH

JediHJH Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2005
    I'd like to go but I'm not sure what to plan on as far as expenses are concerned. It sounz like the rooms is paid fo. So I just need to get on the next transport out there?

I'd have to go Thurs. afternoon or evening and fly home sometime Sun.

14. MrsStrahd

MrsStrahd Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Lets see, for C2 we had Me, Valerie, QUIGONN02, and his buddy and one baby in the same room, and that was a little busy. Not that we were ever in the room all that much. Either we were on the convention floor or watching spiderman.

But the upside is that the more people we have, the less each of us has to shell out for the room. I am with Valerie for 3 out of the four nights, so I guess I should chip in a sizable fraction.

15. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Heber, it would be cool to see you there. www.starwarscelebration.com will tell you all there is to know at the moment. The deadline for passes that can be sent to you before the convention is March 4. After that you can get them at the convention. Right now we are just waiting to see if Boise is going to have more going to see if another hotel room is needed. Which it looks like it might be. Adam and I can fill you in on more details if you need them.

16. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I saw on www.starwars.com they are planning on showing all five movies on the big screen each night. I'm really thinking of maybe catching them because opportunities to see them on the big screen aren't too common. Plus, since Lucasfilm is doing it it will be the best sound and picture possible.
    What's interesting is the story says A New Hope will be shown at 9:30 p.m. after the opening ceremonies. So it sounds like the opening ceremonies will be at night.
    I felt bad I missed the opening ceremonies last time because they were awesome at Celebration 1.
    I'm pretty happy about this cause I get to snag the exclusives when the doors open Thursday and still make the opening ceremonies.
    I have gotten the Celebration exclusinve novelization each time and I'm hoping Gentle Giant has an exclusive.
    From all I've been hearing this is shaping up to be the best Celebration.
    This thread s pretty important for planning purposes and coordinating with Boise, but I'm also curious to hear what people are looking forward to and what they are hoping to see.

17. Darth_Hossinator

Darth_Hossinator Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2005
    Hello, to those of you in Idaho Falls. I was once one of you, but am now out in San Diego. How many of you are planning to go to C3? I have not decided myself, but I may.

Ross

18. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Hi, Ross good to hear from you and be sure to let us know if you are going so we can look you up.

By the way, the official site just released a list of 20 more celebrities in the autograph area. Many I don't have yet, including Kit Fisto.

19. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    I think the gods are really having a good time messing with me.

I went online earlier today, to look at getting a plane ticket, and it doesn't look like it is going to work. Talk about piss me off. I can leave when you all do on wednesday, but I can't leave there until monday, and I am not about to stay one more night in a city like that by myself.

So, yet again, Erin is not going.

I think I am the flakiest, lamest girl in the world.

20. Jealously_Guarded

Jealously_Guarded Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    You cant get a flight back on Sunday?

I had a similar problem, as I absolutely positively had to get back to here my Monday afternoon, but no flight worked. Idaho Falls is a swatted fly on the map to every one who doesnt live here (and they are mostly right), and the airlines are under no obligation to make things easy for the talking monkeys who live here.

So I am flying out of Salt Lake. Driving down there to fly out, and then will get back there Sunday afternoon, giving me plenty of time to drive back sunday night. Valerie and me will be driving down to Salt Lake in a truck, and we might have room for you if you need a ride, and can adhere to our schedule in every possible way.

21. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    Erin,

Are you sure you can't get a flight out until Monday? I just talked to Heber earlier this morning, and he was just booking his flight. Sounded like he was getting the same flight as Erik and myself. It would be really cool if you went, so keep trying.

22. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I just talked to the SW housing authority and put in a request to get both rooms at the Best Western adjoining or next to each other. I also had some of the names changed so that when Barry and Valerie arrive they will just need to get to the hotel and tell them who they are to get in. I looked it up and the Best Western is .1 miles from the center so it should be no problem.

this is it: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=15082

Since you are only there for three nights I will need to dosome math to figure out whateveryone needs to pay. Russell and I'd like to get the money in advance. Maybe by the April meeting, but we can talk about that later.

23. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    Guess it was a good thing I held onto my rooms at the Embassy considering half of the NBO got booted out of the Best Western rooms.

24. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I'm not sure I'd call it getting booted, both of us have wanted as many people to go as possible. You guys have had your number of committed antendees double in the last month and so have we. The rooms were reserved with the amount committed six months ago in mind. The numbers were getting so high we were looking at 8 people to a room at the Best Western if everyone from both chapters stayed there. The last thing I want is to get everyone booted from a hotel cause we are cramming people in like sardines and have Fire Marshall Bill come after us. I'm glad you kept the Embassy rooms, it means more people can go and enjoy the convention.

25. QUIGONJINN02

Mar 29, 2003
    I'm glad to. It's just that many of us who committed a long time ago in a galaxy far far away like in September are being "relocated" to the Embassy rooms. This isn't a big deal, but the decision to make the BW rooms for your fanforce and two of our guys was made before our meeting, so it was like, "sorry guys, you're getting the Embassy rooms no matter what." Again, this is fine, I just wish a concensus had been made first. These rooms are more expensive and many were counting on staying in the cheaper ones...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.