Celebration III

Discussion in 'Reading, PA' started by HanSolo29, Jan 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I don't know if any of you were able to make it to Celebration I or II, but I have made it a mission for RRS to attend Celebration III. If I am not mistaken, it was made public that it will be held in Indy again. Now, it still is a year or so away, but I want to start planning ahead of time to get some things going. I will need to know a list of interested people so I can start looking into hotel rates and transportation. Also, if you guys want to go in costume, let me know. Or, if you have some other idea in mind.

So, post if you are interested! :D
  2. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    I want to go, but I doubt I'll be able to.
  3. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Well, we'll try to get around that. I want to try to go altogether and split the cost if possible. Try to save your money till then and we'll see where it gets us.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
  5. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it's a dream, but the reality is too harsh to admit that I probably won't make it. I'll keep in touch and if it looks good, we can work it out the closer it gets.

Enjoying the weather? [face_plain] [face_plain]
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hey there, Rebel_Spook! Welcome to RRS! :)

I know what you mean. I had that dream for the first two and never actually got around to going. I'm hoping to change that, however, with the third one. Keep in touch!

Heh...yea, wonderful weather. Walking to class is terrible in this stuff. The cold was bad enough, but with the snow and freezing rain and crap, it's making it unbareable.

7. Seph_Terien Jedi Knight

My calander is marked, count me in to go...
  8. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I guess I missed something, but what exactly is RRS? It sounds like some kind of medical condition.

EDIT: I actually dealt with worse weather than this in college, but I was less affected by it than now. Man, I miss those days!
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Um, I guess I missed something, but what exactly is RRS? It sounds like some kind of medical condition.

[face_laugh] A medical condition! Sorry, but that just sounded so funny! RRS stands for the name of our group: Reading Red Squardon. :)
  10. JasterM Jedi Padawan

I'm definitely hitting CIII, one way or another. I've started saving, and am going to spend a lot of money.
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
  12. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Alright guys, here's the deal:

The JC officially opened their C3 forums so I think it's time we get this thread back on track. We will soon have to decide on how many are going, where to stay and for how long. Click here for a list of FAQ about C3 and here is a map of downtown Indy itself for hotel references. So, what do you think?
  13. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Minimum Requirements: $800

Well, I'm not going...
  14. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Don't be so sure. $800 is most likely the cost per person. What I'm planning to do is divide the costs between all of us that are going. That's why I want as many people as possible going. So, if you have friends or family that are interested, either direct them here or let me know. The more people, the cheaper the cost.
  15. Crazed_Ewok Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wait, if it's the cost per person, we'll all have to pay $800 :p

Plus, I don't think my parents would go for the idea of me going to...*looks up in thread* Wherever this is at...
  16. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Meh...eh...sorry; you know what I meant. :p

Anyway, it's still a possibility. We shall see where it goes.
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Alright guys, I'm getting this topic back on top. After much debating and checking my weekly salary for the next couple of months, it is finally clear that I will earn enough money to be able to definitely go!

So, here's the deal--it seems like we have 3 people that are on the definite list of going. What I'm going to do in the next couple of weeks is shop around for hotel rates and airline tickets. But, before I do that, I need to know from you on when we will be planning on leaving for Indy and when we will be heading home. I am thinking about leaving Thursday night and staying till Sunday night or Monday morning. Thoughts?
  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Bumping this again with more info:

I was doing some searching and the dates for Celebration III have been extended to April 21-24. So, that gives us an extra day. I don't know if you guys want to attend all 4 days or just the 3 like before. For more info check out this site.

Give me some feedback, guys!
  19. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, guys, I am starting to wonder if we are going to be doing anything as a group, or if I need to maybe plan for the possibility that I may do this myself or with only a few others. I would love for the cost to be at its least, but I think solid planning needs to start being done.
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Exactly. Other than myself, you are the only other person that is showing some interest in going. I would really love to go as a group, but I'm not sure how that will turn out with just two people showing some interest.

On a side note, I have done some searching for hotels, but nothing can be booked that far in advance. I don't know if we would want to wait till the Fan Club discounts go up, or keep looking anyway.
  21. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Just another reminder...C3 is now less than a year away and I think we should seriously start to consider hotel reservations and the like.

Come on, guys...I need a list of everyone who is interested. Also, let me know if you are a member of the Fan Club so we could possibly wait for the discount rooms to go on sale.

Don't leave me hangin'!
  22. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    As there doesn't seem to be much interest outside of the 2 of us, I think we should try to hook up with another FF group that is going. I know that P'burgh and a couple of others have already put some rooms on reserve. As I am married, I don't think that it would be best for us to share a room, so going in with another group will lessen the cost as we would be able to share the cost of the room with the others.

I was invited to join up with an FF from NC, and I could see if I would be able to extend that invitation to you, if you'd like. You can PM me if you want, or we can continue this here.
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yea, that may be the route we'll have to take. Anyway, that idea sounds good to me. The way things are going here lately, I don't know how much longer we'll last so as it is.

Which NC FF were you talking about?
  24. jedimasterbryan Jedi Master

star 1
    i'd love to go but i'll be in the NAVY, probably down in Orlando going to my "A" school whcih means i wont be able to attend
  25. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hey, Bryan! Long time no see! What's up?

Going into the Navy, huh? Well, good luck with that! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.