main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Celebration III

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ge_rpger, Mar 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Hey there, I'm from the DFW FF and just wanted to know what you guys thought about a Chartered Bus?

Down here in Dallas/Fort Worth we are working with the 501st's Star Garrsion and trying to get a bus or two coordinated for the trip.

We are trying to organize this so as to save people some cash on the trip. It might be where we go up through OKC and then off to Tulsa for the remainder of the trip if you guys are interested in any way.

So, Anyone?

2. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    We've been discussing it within our OKC club/council, and the cost of a chartered bus is prohibitive for the number of people we'll have going. Hooking up with other groups would be MUCH preferable to spread out the cost. I know that Tulsa is also checking on transportation prices.

As it currently stands, either the cost of a chartered bus or renting passenger vans are both, frankly, outrageous. I can't speak for our OKC club/council, but we'd certainly like to discuss it further with you.

--RJ

3. ge_rpger

ge_rpger Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2004
    Cool, well, the cost would be somewhere around $400 a person based upon two people sharing a hotel room for the trip.

The $400 includes the bus, hotel, and money for the passes to the Con.

However, when we got this quote, the guy doing it was unaware that the Con was 4 days, so the price may go up slightly. But, it might go down drastically if we have more and more people make the trip with us.

The bus seats 50, and we think we're fairly close to filling that by ourselves. We've asked Tulsa, and various other FFs, and the 501st, in the areas to jump aboard so we're trying to fill two buses, which should make the cost go down.

If you could round up some numbers on how many think they could make it at that cost, that would be great.

4. krwade3

krwade3 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok people have some firm information for you on trip information for C3 if you are willing. I have been apart of DFWFanForce since day 1. FYI just so you know I have been researching this for the past 5 months on a trip proposal. Total trip cost per person based on what I have found so far(can change for the better at any time) is $450. This includes Quotes for the Charter Bus itself and Hotel.The ticket cost is estimated since I spoke with Jeanette Keblish W/ GEN CON and they do not have a actual ticket cost as of yet. So that you know I round the cost of tickets to $100 based on the fact they were $75 for the 3-day event last time and it is now a 4-day event. The $400 dollars was also based on the 3-day event and the $450 reflects the additional day.

I dont see the cost going up only down depending on what other deals we are able to work out with hotel and ticket cost or even a different charter service, but the actual charter bus IS RESERVED and basically all we need to do is find 49 committed people the more the marrier. The hotel Quote is also LOCKED I have around 15 confirmed including myself. So basically that leaves only 34 people and Im sure that I can include another 10 just in this forum alone and we STILL have 13 Months left to get the numbers we need.

Please feel free to contact me via PM with any questions and I will get back with you shortly.

Regards fellow Fans :D

AGAIN THE QUOTES AND PRICES LISTED ARE LOCKED WITH THE EXCEPTION OF TICKET COST THE ONLY OTHER COST YOU WOULD HAVE IS FOOD AND FUN :D

Oh BTW the information I have been working on is completely seperate from the 501st and what they have been doing. Although I think with the both of us working on this it will be advantageous for both groups as an alternative to individual plans toward a mutual goal.

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Where are the "hotel arrangements"? We kind of had a preference, but we're not sure where we'll end up.

6. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    So far we have Holiday Inn Airport, and we still are looking into other hotels. That is just the only one with a Guranteed Price right now.

7. krwade3

Dec 4, 2000
    I have an update for you fellow fans. We will begin filling the seats on the C3 bus with a small deposit within the next couple of weeks. You will be able to do so Via PayPal and the deposit amount will be $50 per person. This Gurantees your seat to C3 and also your seat selection(if available).

I will post a link to Paypal in the very near future so that you can make you deposits by however means you see fit. I will also supply a image of the bus that we will be riding on so that you may request your desired seat. More up to Date information will be on the DFWFanforce Forum.

DFW Fanforce Forum C3
    DFWFanForce C3 Trip

Please feel free to PM me if you have any further questions. After PayPal is set up I will provide more contact information for your convience.

Regards fellow Fans,
    Krwade3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.