main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Celebration III

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kampilan, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I'm still going. Who else will be able to make it? Not really a good idea if the majority are in favor of non-spoilers. :p

Read that they have been mailing the CIII badges since Monday. I'm still waiting for mine. Not a Fan Club/Hyperspace Member though so i won't get the fancy lanyard.

I'm scheduled to volunteer at the general Fan Force table on Friday, time TBA. About a month away now. I'm psyched!

2. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    *sobs* oh the horror of being a job less star wars fan. I'm not spoiler free *giggles* I'm very spoiled and to go to such an event *sigh* my dad said we don't have the money... course he's more a trecky then star wars fan....

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    If you guys are going to this you'll be spoiled rotten. Some of the things I heard that they're doing... oh man.

Anyways, I'm hoping I get accepted into the costume contest, so look for me there!!

4. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    The only reason I decided not to save up for this was because I didn't want to be spoiled. If I wasn't Spoiler Free, I'd be there, no doubt!

5. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    I would allow spoilage if I could go to this. But I have a lack of time and money...

6. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Oooh! Sarah, do tell! Okay, yes, over PM, not here...

7. Starr_Saberblade

Starr_Saberblade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    *sobs in her hands* please tell me to in pm's... I ... need more ... *giggles* I wish I could go to it... I really wanna

8. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yay, just got my CIII badge today :)

JediGirl, good luck! Even if you can't make the contest, you'll still be in costume I assume? Brother Halo, will you also be going in costume? I'm going to be a photo-snapping fool with all the costumes there.

I'm planning on making a cheaop CIII/TFN name tag with my TFN name.

9. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Funny that I am getting a Edit Reply option on this message.

For anybody going, I'll be at the Fan Force Table on Friday(5pm-6pm) and Saturday(5pm-6pm). I'll be posing as a wanna-be "SW/LFL artist" drawing free SW mini-sketches for folks who stop by :D . Its mainly for the kiddies but am willing to give out some to fans ages 13 and older.

10. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    SWEET! .....now if only i was going.....pooie

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    JediGirl, good luck! Even if you can't make the contest, you'll still be in costume I assume? Brother Halo, will you also be going in costume? I'm going to be a photo-snapping fool with all the costumes there.

I didn't make the contest :( But I do have a costume for every day that I'm there and a super special one for the Celebration @ CIII party :D

12. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Believe it or not but at the OS its been officially confirmed that George Lucas will be attending CIII. More info yet to come. I don't expect to be among the 3,000 or so fans trying to get in one of his Q & A apearances but that's still very excellent news. He's very welcome to say hi to us over at the Fan Force tables though :D

JGoC- sorry to hear that you weren't able to make the contest but that'll be cool to see your costumes regardless. CIII Party- wasn't sure my buddy and I were going to it but heard its sold out anyway.

13. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I'll be sportin' Scout armor on Saturday. The rest, I'll be in either my Dad costume, CR costume, or RSA costume. [face_laugh]

14. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I'M GONNA BE THERE!!!

yay!!!

15. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    BrotherHalo- Nice! hope to bump into Saturday while you are waering the Biker Scout armor :)

Darth Tofu- cool you are going. who are the people you are most looking forward to see there?

Anybody have a clue as to how many Las Vegans are going besides the few of us here? Fan Force, Neon Garrison, etc...

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I know that the RMFF is planning on partying it up, 40 people are going to be there!!

I want to warn you though, these are not kid friendly gatherings.

17. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    JGoC- well my buddy and I should go on over and check it out then. I can't drink too much since I'm the designated driver. We're staying way out next to the Indy Speedway [face_tired]
    Thanks for the invite!

18. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    kampilan - I don't know who I'm excited to see the most as far as celebrities go, there's gonna be a lot of them! I'm really more excited to be around more Star Wars fans! There aren't too many hardcore fans up here.

19. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    I'm stoked to seeing my favorite SW artists there:
    Jan Duursema SW:Republic, SW:Jedi, Topps, Darth Maul, AOTC adaptation
    Joe Corroney SW/LFL, SW:Empire, Topps, CIII Souvenir Program cover
    Tsuneo Sanada
    Tom Hodges Topps, Reversal of Fortune strips
    Adam Hughes SW comic covers, sketches
    EpIII Concept Artists SW:Visionaries graphic novel
    Dark Horse Comics Booth editors, artists, writers

Celebs:
    Amy Allen Aayla Secura, former ILM production assistant
    Orli Shoshan Shaak Ti, gorgeous Israeli(aren't they all)/Aussie fashion model
    Temeura Morrison Jango Fett, Republic Commando (YEAH!),Clone Commanders
    Ray Park Darth Maul, getting a signed photo for my friend who can't make it

George Lucas if he gets to walk around the Con at all

GodofDeath webmaster for jediaayla.com

2 guys I just met online that are going as Blue Senate Guards (woo-hoo!)

other fellow SW fans :)

20. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    The OS just updated the times for George Lucas' appearance.
    He will be there Saturday only and doing three 30 minute separate Q & A sessions from 0845-0915, 0935-1005, and 1025-1055. Fans who line up will be given ID markers and only those ID'd will be allowed through. There will be seats for both Fan Club and Non-Fan Club(like me)attendees.

Not holding my breath but I will try to go to one of the sessions, most likely the 10:25 one. If not, that's means less of a long line to the Autograph Area and CIII shop :)

21. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Just 3 more days...

I decided not to go to any of the 3 George Lucas sessions.

Anybody ordered their Official Souvenir Magazine? I got an e-mail from them saying that they mailed the mag to people earlier than planned. They should also be for sale at CIII I think.

22. Darth_Tofu

Mar 17, 2002
    I LEAVE IN FIVE HOURS WOOO HOOOOO!!!

The long plane trip is gonna be interesting, but the wait is gonna be SO worth it.

23. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Holy cow! Well have fun, y'hear!

24. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    CIII was a blast. Very cool to see and mingle with all the fellow SW fans, even some of the SW artists and stars that were there.
    It was great to see all the many different Clonetroopers trooping out there, from EPII to EPIII. Some I knew from online. They all stole the show. All the kids really loved them Clones, ARCs, etc.

Financially, I did pretty good and didn't spend a whole lot like I thought I would :D

My only complaint(and 90% of the attendees as well) was the CIII store not anticipating to the huge lines for all 4 days. It was ridiculous. The CIII Darth Vader figure was what caused all the ruckus.
    The weather was cold and wet most of the time but indoors more than made up for that.

EDIT: would've been cool to have run into some of you that went. I did run into 2 members of the local 501st guys there ;)

25. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    I tried talking Piazzo into doing it here in Vegas but noone took the bait. They would have had the best wheather in the country this time of year. Ah well. Better check my EM's to see if Mary is coming in town yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.