main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MissKitka, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    That's exactly the costume I had in mind.

And, Derek, you might wanna go home and re-think your life. 8-}

2. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    [face_laugh]

I will now proceed to further debate the reasons I come to the JC to hang out with people dressed like that! :eek:

3. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    It should be in San Diego, where Star Wars started at the San Diego International Comic Convention back in 1976! See the link in my signature for the online petition to get Star Wars Celebration III in San Diego.

4. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    Atlanta, GA!!!

:p

Any new developments? :D

God bless!

<3-Malz

5. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    I agree, I bet it's Indy again.

Ok, what was that big hotel that all the Stormtroopers stayed in, in Indy. The one we had the Friday night party in? Was it the Marriott? If so, I'm staying there. The Crowne Plaza was beautiful, but the rooms were a little small.

6. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    It might have been the Mariott. I know the Hyatt was also right near the convention center.

You better make your reservations now though, just in case. ;)

7. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I started saving $20 per week already...about a month ago. :D

I plan on having roughly $3000 by the time this is on...and I could swear that I heard that it is already official...that CIII will be in Indy again.

8. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, I hear you, Darth, but I will be reserving a room wherever earlier than I did last year. It took me 6 months to get a room near the con center. I started calling in Nov of 2001. All booked. So I kept calling every other week. Booked 4 other rooms within drinving distance just in case. Finally in March, I found a room within walking distance to the center. Now I know better. I'm attending a con in Toronto next December. I already have reservations at the hotel. Made them 6 months ago. You just can't be toooo prepared when it comes to having fun!!

9. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    tionne,

Were you checking the rooms through Wizards? If not, that's why they were all booked up..Wizards had blocks of rooms reserved at a "discounted" rate for con attendees at a bunch of the hotels within a few blocks of the ICC.

10. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Ya, This time I want a hotel within walking distance. Do you know how hard it is to drive a stick shift in armor? 8-}

11. Darth_Glymmer

Jan 18, 2002
    Yeah, but that's only when I'm on my way to the next jousting competition.

12. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    He, hee, I can only imagine, WarriorPoet.

13. ntobin99

ntobin99 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
  14. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Hey, thanks for the updated RCA Dome info. I've bookmarked the site. They should have something up soon. But if it's scheduled there, does that mean it has to be there?

15. darth_korey

darth_korey Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2002

FIRST OFF I ATTENED CELEBRATION 2 MY FIRST CONVENTION AND MAY I SAY IT WAS SIMPLY 3 DAYS OF PURE JOY EXCEPT THE LAST DAY TRYING TO GET A AUTOGRAPH I WAS IN LINE FOR 4 HOURS AND STILL DIDNT GET INTO THE AREA BUT THAT BEING SAID, I HEARD THE BIG STEVIE COOL (SANSWEET) SAID HE WOULD LOVE COMING BACK TO INDY AGAIN AND THIS TIME TAKE OVER THE WHOLE DOME AND THIS WAS ECHOED BY MCALLUM 9be advised my spelling sucks) ANYWAY I BELIVE THAT IS WEAR THE RUMOR STARTED BUT TO GET ON TEH DEBAT CELEBRATION 1 WAS WTENED BY 13,000 CELEBRATION 2 24,000 SO IT MAKES GOOD SENCE AND YA KNWO WHAT HELL RAISE THE PRICES AND BRING MARK HAMIL AND GET A WIDSCREEN COPY OF THE ORIGNAL TRILOGY TO SHOW EACH EVENING AND I AM A HAPPY MAN SEE YA IN INDY MAY 2005 MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

16. harpm1

harpm1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2002
    I second (or is that fifteenth by now) that the con will be in Indy and I will be there too. Actually, I was hoping it would be in a new city for change of scenery but hey at least I know my way around by now. Se ya all there!

17. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    The time is near an anouncement soon, but Indy is the place.

18. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    Suits me! :)

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Indy would be okay if there was more room to get around in the convention center. I found Sat. to be a real mess just trying to get past certain areas. The rooms for certain events were very restrictive in numbers and I did not get to hear or see what I wanted. I expect far more tahn the 30-60 thousand people this time. So I would suggest a bigger convention center in another city, such as Orlando, Atlanta sounds good and if they can handle Dargoncon they should be able to handle C3. Does anyone know where and who to contact about the site?

20. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Well, what I've heard, is that IF they go back to Indy, "whoever" will be coordianting the event will be renting more space at the RCA Dome. Let's hope so! I couldn't breathe on Saturday! Had to escape into the lounge every couple of hours! And there was no beer there! OHHHH, the horror!

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    well...time is slowly dwindling down for C3.

We are approximately 2 yrs and 1 1/2 months. That would be for the beginning of May of 2005.

Man...still can't believe how long we have to wait.

22. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    I know! :_|

I better get saving money too! :D

God bless!

-Malz

23. Warriorpoet

Warriorpoet Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 20, 2001
    Had to escape into the lounge every couple of hours! And there was no beer there! OHHHH, the horror!

You said it. It would be nice if they actually had something in the lounge this time. Maybe the 501 could have a stand in there, for pop and water, make a little money for their charity.

24. jeditrainee

jeditrainee Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 1999
    The new Washington DC Convention Center opens this weekend. I saw it on TV and it looks impressive. I'll see it in person next month when I attend the FOSE convention...

25. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope it is in Indy too.
    Indianapolis was ideal for the convention.
    I hope they will rent more space to accomidate everyone.
    Also great were the restaruants and the nightclubs were fun. And the locals were awesome. Met alot of nice people there.
    An underated place by my opinion. Very clean city. And after the convention there was alot to do in the city for visitors.
    Even if the Celebration III is not there I plan to go back to Indy when I can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.