main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MissKitka, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    That was going on during C2. I think they gave them some huge room that never seemed to have anyone in it.

2. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh yeah, I think I remember that. Wasn't it right by the Jedi Starfighter?

3. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Now they are thinking about having it in Denver again. That sux! I want it to be in Indy!!! I can't go if it's in Denver. :(

4. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    Denver = Not good. Cannot drive there.

I would rather not carry all the stuff I want to buy or will be bringing and such on a plane.

5. jedilona

jedilona Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    I'd prefer Indy again, even though Denver is closer..

Either way I'd be going by plane.

6. Vader71

Vader71 Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    Just split the differecne and have it in Omaha. The new convention center here is under construction and should be complete this fall. Hard to find a more centrally located city.

I am fine with Denver or Indy though.

7. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I'll be driving no matter where it is and I live in Southern California. I was angry at C2 because I wanted the life size Yoda they had with a lightsaber. I couldn't even imagine how to get it back home so I made the decision at that time that I would drive to the next one NO MATTER WHAT.

In regards to trying to limit people on items, it's going to be very difficult to do. Sure, you might think punching their badge will work. Well, not if you're selling sets of said badges and allowing people with advanced passes to buy per day badges as well. They'll just pickup a set or a per day badge and get that punched too. And marking or stamping on someone's hand isn't going to work either, they'll just wipe it off.

No, I'm afraid the only way it will work is instead of having the huge rush of people that you had at C2, you have a line and allow people to go up to 1 of several cash registers at a time. That way, people can't just grab 2 figures (or whatever), turn around, and get back in line. They'd have to get in the back of the line behind thousands of other fans at that point. Of course, that one stop the determined scalper from getting 5 or 6 friends together and having each of them by 2 figures each and just giving them a small cut of the sales. In any case, you're not going to be able to stop them no matter what you do.

Myself, I've learned to stop trying to fight them and just deal with them. If you know there are some people that CAN'T get something and are really gonna WANT it, why not capitalize on it? Yes, it sucks. But, we should get over it and just realize that that's how capitalism works. Supply and demand folks, that's all there is to it.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I think it will be in So Cal... Anaheim to be exact... so that is right where you live LordJedi. :D

9. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I would like to see this in INDY again, it was a decent drive. CLoser to NY would be best ;) LOL

However if its in cali its in my old stomping grounds and would give me a good reason to visit family and friends there as well ;)

10. Lily_Skywalker

Lily_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2002
    I really hope it is in Indy cause I have family in Cincinnati and I could stay with them thereby cutting costs

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I think it will be in So Cal... Anaheim to be exact... so that is right where you live LordJedi.

Works for me :D I think the convention center here is a little small for it though :p But hey, I'll save money on a hotel since I can just sleep at home :)

12. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope it's in Indy because I live about 50 miles away. ;)

13. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    Denver was a blast the first time and has much better golf courses....and the ball flies farther. Anyone interested in golf at C3......let CoK know

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11977016&replies=2

14. Chewbacca of Kashyyyk

Chewbacca of Kashyyyk Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 1999
    MGibson:

Great post about preordering SW merchandise. The store was pretty rough and actually, the merchandise was not that great. Having the ability to preorder should theoretically allow the vendors to calculate what they will need so there is enough for everyone. It mightbe hard to organize a pick up if you really think about it, but it could be a fantastic idea.

C3 is going to be great as it will be the last one!!!

15. mgibson

mgibson Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks, Chewie. Preordering stuff can NOT be that tough. I'm not saying they have to bag packages and have them ready for you when you get to the store. When you order the stuff via mail or the Net, you receive a sheet that spells out what you ordered. The guy/girl behind the counter goes and gets it and you're done. For a fee, you can wait until after C3 and have it all mailed to you.

And you're right: the store WAS rough. I was extremely disappointed with the ball caps. VERY cheap with a goofy fabric patch ironed on to the front. C'mon! Let's see some quality stuff!

16. Jedi_Wannabee

Jedi_Wannabee Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Yall.

Actually i dont care where its gonna be held.
    I live en Denmark, so thats pretty far from whereever its gonna be held. S eitherwhere it´s at, i´ll be there.
    Never been to the States before so i cant wait to 2005!

See you there..

Greetings from
    DENMARK

17. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Maybe we could go together. I think most SAS flights to the States go from Copenhagen anyway.

18. chibiangi

chibiangi Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    If you've never been to the States before, you will *definately* want it to be in San Diego.

19. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    San Diego practically has a Star Wars Convention this weekend.

20. Jedi_Wannabee

Jedi_Wannabee Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Hi..

If i never have been to the states before, i proberbly want to visit Hollywood LA first.. Then i can think about seeing San Diego or Denver.. :)

I got a danish who lives in LA right now. And i envy her..

Jedi_Wannabee

21. Sith Bane

Sith Bane Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 14, 1999
    Same thing, Only I´m from the Netherlands. :)

I just hope that for the sake of my friends on the JCC I´m hoping to meet, that´s it gonna be Indy again.

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    there's a new story on theforce.net with some tidbits on cIII:

The location of Celebration 3 will be chosen in August and will be announced at the end of August. Lisa Stevens from the Fan Club also stated that they expected to do more Celebrations in the future after Episode III.

this is great news! sounds like next month we can really start making plans. and best of all, this won't be the last celebration! :D

*crosses fingers for denver*

23. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    OMG that's such awesome news about how there will be Celebration's after III! I must say that I am shocked at that news, 'cause I was hoping for it, but didn't think it was gonna turn out that way. Thanks for sharing! :D

24. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Sweet!

*crosses fingers for Indy*

25. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    INDY!! INDY!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.