main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration III

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by MissKitka, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I think that it is interesting that people seem to forget that there are two large cities between Denver and Indy e.g. Kansas City and St. Louis.

You can't get any more centrally located than KC. And with Bartle Hall or the New convention center it would more than hold enough people (more than I could say for the RCA dome or whatever the convention hall side was called).

And St. Louis is called the "Gateway to the West" for a reason.

But alas I know it will never come here because I think the whole world thinks KC is where the Emerald City is (not true and I really hope most of you knew this. You'd be surprised the things you get asked when you go out of the Midwest and you tell someone you are from KS), where lots of farms are (thats WESTERN KS), that there are tornados EVERY day (we are actually in the bottom half for the states in "tornado alley"), and KS is flat (Again WESTERN KS).

I know we'll probably never get a large presitigous convention here, but I just wanted to point out a city that everyone seems to forget exists.

2. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    LadyAnakinSkywalker
    And the Fan Force party at Celebration II was amazing!

I don't remember seeing you there. I saw your picture before the con, so I would have recognized you...

3. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, Fanforce party ROCKED!!! And I'm not biased, I swear!

4. tionnesharp

tionnesharp Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 25, 2002
    The "Party" was really great. Can't tell you how wonderful it was to have Peter Mayhew "hang out" with us....at least for a few minutes. He's a sweet soul. Really looking forward to Celeb III!!!

5. XenoSphere

XenoSphere Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    I hope it's in Indianapolis.

6. Queen_of_Posts

Queen_of_Posts Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    I actually think St. Louis would be a great idea for C3. It is centrally located, it does have international flights (something that Indy and KC do not have), they do have a con center big enough to host, plenty of hotels, and the costs are not as high as say, San Diego :p

The only problem I foresee w/ St. Louis is the fact that the city is not in any kind of shape to offer much to the organizers of the event. Denver is just barely able to do so, and is in a real need to boost it's tourism... After the drought and the fires, they are hurting :( And w/ the new con center nearing completion, a new spur of the light rail scheduled to be done in the next 10 months, a brand new hotel connected to the con center, international flights (including regular straight flights w/ British Airways, Lufthansa & Iberia), and a new mayor who is himself an uber geek, I think Denver would benefit the most from such an event. :D But I'm not biased or anything ;)

St. Louis would be good for me though... 12 hour, straight shot drive... That sounds good to me :D KC is unrealistic though... The research I did showed that they don't have the con center space, and are seriously lacking in hotel rooms as well, plus the lack of international service at the airport, makes it an even less likely place than Indy (which at least had the hotel space - if not the best timing in the world... Can you say Indy 500 Month? :eek: )

7. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Indy 500 books everything up the last 2 weeks in May, it's no longer a month long event, and hasn't been for a few years now.

8. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Saw a new post, got real excited.....sigh. Letdown.

When, when, WHEN are we gonna HEAR?

July/August, October/November, December/January....... etc, etc......

9. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    November 2003.

10. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Soon, soon, soon

thebadge

11. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Quite Soon

12. Darthvaderocks06

Darthvaderocks06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!

13. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Up I Say!

14. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    Well, November is only 4 days away now!

15. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    And Nov 30 is about 34 days away.

And things can change.

And yes, the glass is indeed usually half empty.

:p ;)

16. Queen_of_Posts

Queen_of_Posts Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    Seb-X - Only problem is that the Mini-Marathon would AGAIN be the same weekend... Timing sucks :p

And that breakfast thing they had made traffic around the Con center a real joy too :p

17. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, well if they had it in Indy on the weekend of May 6-8 of 2005, than that would indeed be a recurring problem.

18. MysterySith

MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 17, 2000
    I heard a rumor that they were looking to hold it at the end of April. I think that would be a good idea, especially if it is in Indy.

19. tionnesharp

Feb 25, 2002
    Yes, the end of April would be nice. A tad bit cooler and no competition with the running men and women. Although it was a treat to see all those Storm Troopers jogging in the race....on their way to the photo shoot! Hee, hee, many startled runners, no doubt.

20. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    yeah, I remember a few runners yelling, "The force is with me!" and then start sprinting. it was a great time.

But I would actually like to have it on a later weekend. The weather's nicer, and we have no other interfearing things.

21. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Please let CIII be in San Diego or LA, please!

thebadge

22. Darthvaderocks06

Feb 27, 2003
    Hey Sebulba-X, I think this guy needs to talk to the same guy you had Jedi_Outcast77 talk to. :p

Edit: spellign error

23. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    ;) New thread coming up....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.