main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Celebration IV confirmed for Los Angeles May 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediLarryB, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Anyone who survived the store at C3 would realize that the store layout at C4 was greatly greatly improved. people waited in line at c3 for as much as 8 hours (maybe more) to reach a counter where they could then spend 10-20 minutes while a cashier tried to fill their order by sending staff into a back room to pull the items wanted and then ring you up. i went into the store 3 times at c4. never a line. you could walk in, grab what you wanted, and go to a cashier and walk out. sure some stuff went out of stock.

and of course - the 50% off sale on monday. i slipped in just before closing on monday to pick up the blue steel water bottles.

2. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Am I missing something? That link goes to two very decent Leia's but no dude.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Jon, here's the photo link:
    http://images.g4tv.com/resize_image.ashx?url=/gallery/9679_m.jpg&width=532&height=0

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I loved it. The lines were never bad, the exhibits that were there were good especially the Helmet Art one, Fan Films, Star Wars in Pop Culture, R2 D2 Builders. The panels were cool cos the rooms were so big you didnt need to waste time lining up for them unless you reall really had to sit right down front.

They could have done some more official announcements regarding the cartoon series.

I think LFL didn't put as much planning into this cos they spent so much time on the Rose Parade that they didn't really get cracking on this until Mid-Jan.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they make use of all that space for the next one. I hope they reschedule the touring exhibits so they will be at CV. There was plenty of room for them to put the entire Science Exhibit in there in addition to the huge exhibit thats in London at the moment. They could put a massive costume and prop exhibit in there too. A room full of Lego models whould be cool too.

The Fan Hall needs a load more in there. More activities and things to see as it was a little bare in there at times. It'd be a cool place to build some set replicas in there for pictures.

Hyperspace Fan Day was cool. I also would love to see more for Hyperspace members like a members only entrance which opens an hour before the general doors, priority entry for every show (stamped to limit people going multiple times), Hyperspace members only exclusives in limited runs from various vendors, On Fan Day have more member only presentations that will only run on fan day.

At CV they should also have alot more going on with all the TV shows so that'll be good to see too.

5. Dune_Sea_Hermit

Dune_Sea_Hermit Jedi Master star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    I had a great time at Celebration IV. There was so much to see and do that I kept altering my plans and missed a few things, but I still had a lot of fun. My favorite exhibit was the R2 Builders Room. I enjoyed talking to other fans, especially my fellow crafters.

The lab rat maze simulations were a bit tedious and lacked a food reward at the end, but preferable to lines so long and twisted that one can't find the end. (Hello, room 6CDEF at the SDCC!) I'm glad the con organizers spread things out and devoted an entire hall to the gift shop. Walking across huge halls is much better than waiting in line.

I was tired by the end of the convention, but not as much as the three drained souls I encountered in the Concourse hallway on Monday afternoon. They were barely clinging to life. I should have called an ambulance for them. Poor things. They're probably still lying there, awaiting rescue.

James, I talked to one Kessel Run contestant at the shuttle stop on Monday. He said it was a lot of fun, well-organized, and exhausting. He ran, er, briskly walked, all over the convention center. One person stamped his book in the wrong place, but it was quickly corrected. He enjoyed that you couldn't always tell whom you were looking for. One of his teammates demanded a stamp from a bystander who had no idea what he was talking about.

Are you looking for a picture of the two male slave Leias? Here's a picture of one. (I can't get the image button to work. Can someone else post the picture on this board for everyone's enjoyment? Thanks.)

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    hahahahahaha. but you could always identify who was to give you a stamp - they had red Kessel Run ribbons attached to their con badges.

i wonder how many of the teams realized that one of their checkpoint stampers was author Aaron Allston. I know that one or two of them also asked for autographs..

7. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    the male leia thing just gives me nightmares..

8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm talking about Edgar who's standing right next to them. ;)

9. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    Sorry Edgar but since I dont think I have never been formally introduced, I honestly didnt recognize you. Besides, with those two leia's in the center of the pic...:-B

10. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Hey James...you must have seen Jon then on Monday...we split up and he did a mad dash to the store to get a couple things now that they were half off. I was not going to pay $45 for that messenger backpack but $23 was all good. Also got the silk scarf, it'll make a neat altar cloth. Bought the bandanna for the same reason :)
    I thought the store was set up odd but after hearing the horror stories about C3 I was glad they over did it the other way instead.
    What I am angry at the most is the dealers. The things that sold out so quickly sold out because the dang dealers bought them all up and resold them on the floor. I remember reading in some of the literature that they were not going to tolerate that...guess in the end it was only words and no actions :(

11. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Here are a couple of pics for fun from CIV

[image=http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9251/diejediscumxt6.jpg]

[image=http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/7370/danakinkl2.jpg]

12. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    That Security detail was the toughest volunteer job that I had at C4... Notice the Dewback Prod that I had to use to fend off the vicious hordes of fanboys? Sheesh.

You can see Lawrence's back (Jedi-Luke) on the left, too!

I ended up playing Security quite a bit at C4. Notice the Red Stormtrooper, again w/Dewback Prod, in the background of this:

Spike TV Interview

13. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    G4 website has a bunch of pictures of people I recognize I think ;)

14. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    This picture came out really good! I remember we were wondering if that grafitti would come out in this picture & it sure did! Good times! [face_dancing] (we should definately make Emily one of our official SDFF photographers) ;)

15. RumbaRue

RumbaRue Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    Pictures! I want to see pictures!

16. swguru2004

swguru2004 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2003
    Ask and you shall recieve!
    Here is the link to all of my 1100 pictures :D
    I organized all the pics into a few albums, so make sure to check all the recent albums

17. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I am working on our pictures.
    Had some problems downloading them. Need to remember that we can not take pictures until the card is completely full otherwise it acts up and takes some work to get them to come off. Nothing is lost or damaged and the cards are all empty now so we're all good.
    Just finished dividing them by days and working on turning them all right way round. Still need to take out everything that just didn't turn out and isn't worth keeping.
    Working on it ;)

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm STILL working on mine.

19. BrieKalan

Jun 26, 2006
    Ditto here.

I really want to get our (mine, rachel's, kim's, emily's and donny's) Bruce Spense and Temuera Morrison pics up, I'm proud of those!

ROFL.

20. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    When I can I'll upload what I can.

21. boricuatrooper

boricuatrooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2005
    It was great seeing some of you at C4! Can't wait til Comic con!-D;)

22. BrieKalan

Jun 26, 2006
    Here's mine at last:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/46498391@N00/sets/72157600289631463/

23. RumbaRue

RumbaRue Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    Thanks for the pictures!

Some of the costumes were terrific, others I have no idea what they are. The decorated Darth Vader helmets were astounding!

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/RumbaRue/xwing.gif]

I feel so out of place, me with the license plate of a lifetime (STAR WRS)and no Star Wars costume anything at all....but I have lots of pirate and fantasy stuff....

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/RumbaRue/Pirate_Battle_by_Narfmaster-vi.gif]

24. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    I really have to ask this...
    Does anyone else look at the Darth Vader helmet exhibit and see rows of Pez machines?
    The whole time I kept trying to figure out what I was reminded of and it finally hit me, Pez machines.
    Those black stands with the heads on top.
    Or I'm just insane [face_whistling]

25. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    =P~ Giant Pez

Your spot on there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.