main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Celebration IV confirmed for Los Angeles May 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediLarryB, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We're chilling at the Wilshire Grand.

And Donna, didn't see your post! Will definitely pass it on to Helen for the C4 board. :)

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Wow! Thanks to friends and extended family in the Force. We got a hotel much closer!!! AND at the con prices!!! Wessa going to CIV!!!!![face_dancing]

3. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I just booked a room for myself at the New Otani Hotel & Garden for $107 a night. If given the chance to room with some of my friends and share the cost, I can still cancel my room no prob.

4. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Scheduled activities are starting to trickle out...

- The 30th Anniversary Opening Ceremonies will be held on Friday night, May 25th.
    - The Sixth Annual Star Wars Fan Film Awards will be given out in a ceremony on Sunday, May 27th.

More to come, of course, including precise times, so stay tuned...

5. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    Well saw the first list of celebs attending C4 and have to meet carrie fisher for the first time without a doubt along with lightning bear.
    I really am hoping for christopher lee to attend aswell cause I really like his performances in the hammer horror movies.
    $35 for a carrie fisher autograph does not seem bad at all.

6. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Unfortunately I will have to miss the FanFilm awards because the Rebel Legion Dinner is that night. Although I will try to schedule the dinner for earlier in the evening so people who want to attend the awards can get back over to the convention center.

7. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    Oh me too!! I've been a fan of Christopher's for over 40 years (something like 45 or 46 years because I was in my teens). I've lost count of how many times I've seen his Hammer Movies. Hammer had some other really cool horror movies besides Christopher's in the 60's. I was a big fan of Peter Cushing too (and Vincent Price and Peter Lorre too). Christopher Lee did a lot of Hammer horror movies. I would love to meet Christopher.

8. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have been a fan since I was little cause I always remember a horror movie book that used to be in our living room had a giant picture of christopher lee as dracula with his red blood shot eyes. I must have around 15 hammer horror movies in my collection which not only has peter cushing and christopher lee but dave prowse is in one of them.

9. Jedi_Pam

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow, really!! Which one was David Prowse in?

10. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    "Quick-Path" Celebration Store Reservations are up for CIV!

Go here to reserve your shopping appointment!

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the link, Larry.

I got a reservation for Thursday. That way I can blow my "wad" up front and not worry about it the rest of the con. :D

12. Jedi_Pam

Aug 15, 2006
    Donna, what night is our Pub Crawl? I can't remember if it's Thursday or Friday.

The times left for the Store on Thursday are:
    Noon to 3pm
    3-5pm
    5-7pm
    7-9pm
    9-11pm
    11pm-1am

Since this is my first Celebration, I don't know what will be going on during the Fan Only day on Thursday. I don't want to miss anything. Which of these timeslots would be best if we aren't doing Pub Crawl till Friday night? If we are doing it Thursday night then I need to know (from people who have attended other Celebrations) when the best time would be on Thurs to go shopping in the store.

13. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I have gone with the 11pm-1am thursday slot as the show hours end at midnight so I can go in line after them and just walk across the street to my hotel.

14. JediLarryB

Jun 25, 2003
    FYI, I signed up for the first slot on Thursday from 12PM to 3PM. I want to get my Celebration Store exclusives out of the way, so that I can focus on the rest of the show and other events.

My second choice would have been Thursday night from 11PM to 1AM, but I want to be rested up for Friday's official opening and a very busy weekend. With the late night slot, however, you can bet you won't miss much, if any, programming -- but that doesn't include any trolling for liquor.

15. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Pam, Rachel's "trials" will be Thursday night, but I'm not sure how long it will be - or when we plan to start.

If you need to get to the store Thursday night during your time slot, I'm sure we can all help remind you so you can get back to the convention center on time. :)

16. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    :mad: Won't let either Jos or myself reserve a time.. says "you did not meet the prereqists" (sp) even though we are Hyperspace members and have pre-perchased tickets the day they went on sale. (And all of this shows up in the registerations).. ARRGGHH..

Do we have a head banging emote?

EDIT: Even though the proper box was checked..it looks like they have us listed as Regular Members.. insteady of Fan Club members.. Email sent. So, everyone, if you can't get in, be sure and check the box!

17. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    I dont really like that check box thing anyway cause it seems too simple for something important. I think they should have a box where you typed your login hyperspace username instead.

18. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Whooo...I'm behind on this thread...
    you have to reserve a time to get into the official store on Thursday!??!?!:eek:
    We're not sure what time we're going to be able to get up there and was just going to crash it so to speak. If we have to reserve a time we're going to have an issue.
    Please tell me I'm getting this wrong because I'm behind on the thread.

19. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Ah, the joys of not being a collector. :cool:

20. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    /\ Indeed. I may buy a couple wearable souveniers and maybe a poster at the store but that's about it for my collecting.

21. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    At the rate they sold out of items at C3, even if you don't want to reserve a time I would highly recommend you get to the store either Thursday or Friday.

My 2-cents.

22. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Our plan was to get there as early as we could on Thrusday and make the store our top most priority to get it out of the way and make sure we don't miss anything we may really want. But I don't know what time that will be. Money is not what we want in the playing area so we're skimping on getting the hotel and will drive back and forth some of the time and may limit it to maybe 1 overnight stay. It's not like it's a drive we're not used to doing a lot now :rolleyes:

23. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Well I mean the shop is open 24 hours a day which makes it a good thing.
    I just cannot believe I would see the day where I was going to be doing some late night star wars shopping 8-}

I know one thing you cannot miss and that is rachel going into LOTR fan girliee mode when she first catches a glimpse of bruce spense. :p

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, I have to say in GenCon's defense, they got back to me first thing this morning. ApparentHly, I wasn't supposed to be able to use the previous account I had for CIII...all of those were supposed to have been deleted automatically..and apparently a few "slipped through the cracks" and those that registered under the old accounts automatically went to "regular" status, instead of "Hyperspace Member" status.. Good thing we checked. We did get in for the very last slots for the Fan Day at the store...

But, they did suggest that people re-check their memberships to make sure that everything is alright. AND we are now assured of our Hyperspace CIV Membership status.

See you all there!!

25. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Where does it say on there if you are regular or Hyperspace.
    If it is at the top as I am thinking then it says I am a regular member as well.
    I think I'm going to have to email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.