main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Celebration IV confirmed for Los Angeles May 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediLarryB, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, my fan club membership was changed to no and I was changed to will call
    I was also listed as male 45+ as were Jon and Gavin :eek:
    This is going to be a rough convention if they can't get things right this early on :rolleyes:

2. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    Yikes, you all scared me so I called GenCon!

Fortunately, there's no issue with my account so I don't have to worry about it. *WHEW*

Lesley F.

3. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    SO everything is ok then?? I chcked mine and it said WILL CALL, but my account said mail to me... Weird. I hope things clear up soon. I'm still bumming over the alphabetical thing :_|.

4. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    Well, what she said was that my hyperspace was confirmed as active, since my "appointed" shopping time was still there. If they had been unable to confirm it, they would have removed it from my list.

They also said, badges are STILL going out this week.

I am a little leery of that claim though...

5. Danakin_Skywalker

Danakin_Skywalker Jedi Master star 1

Jan 30, 2005
    Thanks for the info ;)

6. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    That makes since about the shopping time. Mine was still listed.
    Odd thing is I first checked and found some errors but looked some more and things started popping up right a little later, such as the shopping time.
    I think they're system is going banannas 8-}
    Since we're so high in the alphabet we should know soon if our stuff will show up. We'll see.
    I can guarentee that will call with *not* be acceptable and I will throw quite the hissy to have them mailed to me. We're going to be running low on time as it is...don't even want to deal with a line just to get in.

7. Jedi_Pam

Jedi_Pam Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2006
    Several people have noticed this and have contacted GenCon. Me included. They are giving everyone who calls a different answer. At this point I don't trust GenCon to have anything right for any official Star Wars fan club member.

8. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I wonder if they dumped my Thursday time slot for the store because I'm not listed as a Fan Club member? I renewed right before they split the magazine and Hyperspace apart (again) so I thought I was good for a year.

It still has my check box marked YES for Fan Club membership.

Oh well, not getting into the store will save me money I suppose. But it still sucks. [face_frustrated]

9. morpheus1977

morpheus1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2005
    so I just checked my CIV registration also and from what it looks like I have to pick mine up at Will Call also even though I clearly purchased it before the Cutoff? Does any body have any Idea whats goin on?? But after checking my purcahses it still showes me as having my shopping time??

10. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Here's the response I received via e-mail:

"It is possible when we did a comparison with Hyperspace that we could not verify your information. When you receive your packet should you not have the Fan Club lanyard or Friends & Family coupons please stop by our Fan Club Information booth and they will have an up to date list and more extensive search means to verify your Hyperspace account status. Once they verify your account information they will be more than happy to give you the lanyard and coupons you should have received initially. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this message or reach me at the number below."

For volunteering at Comic-Con so many times, Mary Franklin set me up with Hyperspace through July 2008, which I verified again a couple of days ago. So this all stinks to high heaven like steaming piles of bantha poo-doo!

Once again: "We're doomed!"

11. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I hope that information booth is on the outside of the building!

Mine looks fine at the moment. Wish they hurry up and start giving some more official information both from GenCon and LFL.

12. Jedi_Pam

Aug 15, 2006
    When I log in on the GenCon website it shows me as Regular Member for Will Call Pickup. But when I go into my account it still shows me as an Offical Star Wars Fan Club Member, packet to be shipped to me, the Quick Pass Shop on May 24th, the entrance into C4 on May 25th.

I was automatically renewed and billed for my Fan Club Membership on September 16, 2006. One person who called GenCon said they (GenCon) had gotten all the Fan Club Membership information from Hyperspace the beginning of April.

Edgar, I believe you said you haven't gotten your 2007 Membership Card yet. Have you checked your account on GenCon to see if is messed up too?

I don't know if Hyperspace has messed up all of our Memberships or if this is a GenCon problem. I am going to email Hyperspace to try and get a decent answer because no one seems to be getting a straight answer from GenCon.

13. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    My Hyperspace is good until Sept 8 2007, just checked. So they are obviously having some serious issues over at GenCon.
    I emailed last night asking what they plan to do about my being listed as Will Call when I clearly did not select that option. I'll see what they come back with.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    You can check your Hyperspace validity by logging into starwars.com and checking your account info. Might be worth printing that page just in case too.

The homepage for the GenCon site says will call for tickets meaning you can still buy tickets but all sales are will call. I believe that as long as your account info page shows shipping then it should be getting shipped.

One of our members called GenCon today to check their info and was told that their badge is in the mail now. We can expect them in the mailbox any day now. [face_dancing]

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    They changed my account back to saying I'm NOT a fan club member. :mad:

(I don't think that matters though since I get the volunteer/exhibitor/whatever badge for running the table... BUT STILL!)

16. Jedi_Pam

Aug 15, 2006
    I think the lady in charge of C4 for GenCon is tired of hearing from me so she did a better checking job on my account this time. :) I called again at 4:30pm yesterday and said I wanted to talk to her instead of receiving voicemail. She called me back about 1 hour ago. Before she has never looked up my account to give me an answer. This time she looked me up while we were on the phone. She said she can see I still have the Quick Pass for the Store and I wouldn't still have that Quick Pass in my account if they didn't know I was an official member of the Star Wars fan club.

She said on March 30th the default was changed to Will Call for registgration and that changed everyone's log in page to default to Will Call even when we registered before March 30th. She said that even though it shows as Will Call on the front page when I log in, my packet will still be shipped to me. She said I should get it a week from Friday. She also told me if I didn't have the correct packet I could go to the C4 Desk and get the proper Lanyard, etc. There isn't a ticket for the Star Wars Fan Club day so that's why they show May 25th as the entrance day. She said that 4 day pass is all we need to get into the Fan Day.

It's strange how we get different answers from GenCon every time a call is made to them. I think they have issues. o_O

17. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    Now I'm kinda glad I don't have hyperspace and registered after March 30th, lol. Certainly takes all this hassle out of the picture.

18. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i still got an extra ticket...

19. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah, same here. I just have to secure the FC lanyard and F&F coupons that I'm entitled to.

20. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    There's an official Fan Force Name Badge you can customize.

[image=http://www.johnrosevideography.com/C4NAMETAG6.gif][image=http://www.johnrosevideography.com/C4NAMETAG7.gif]

Instructions

Apparently officemax will print and laminate it for $4 or $5.

21. me-gonk

Jan 17, 2003
    Just got this in my email from Gencon:

Star Wars Celebration IV Update Regarding ?Ship to Me? Badges!

Badge Ship-Out

Due to an unfortunate delay in receiving packet materials, badge ship-out was delayed. Badges are currently in the process of being shipped and started to go out the week of April 23, 2007. If you selected to have your badges shipped to you and you do not receive your badge by May 14th please contact Aleta Mullen at customerservice@gencon.com and she will be happy to assist you.

Fan Club Membership Verification

If you do not receive your Fan Club lanyard and Friends & Family coupons with your badge in the mail out packet despite being a Fan Club member please see the Fan Club Information booth onsite at the Convention Center. Upon verifying your membership you will receive your lanyard and coupons. If you are interested in purchasing a Fan Club membership while at the show, please go to the Badge Registration booth to purchase your membership.

You are receiving this email because 1) you have purchased a badge to Celebration IV, 2) you purchased a badge to Celebration III, 3)you opted to receive information about Celebration IV or 4) you opted to receive marketing email from Gen Con. To opt out of receiving these emails go to http://registration.gencon.com. Login and click on "Change Account Details". The mailing list options are listed on the bottom. You can also opt-out by emailing customerservice@gencon.com.

edit:
    I also just checked my account and it's back to ship to me and I'm a fan club member again. This is good news!

22. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Official Fan Club Breakfasts announced!

Get yer grub on here

23. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    TWO Breakfasts???? Wow...

24. FLY_JEDI

FLY_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Guest list for the Master Replicas Celebration IV Party has been released. The party is being held at the Jim Henson Studios in Hollywood.

(lifted from Rebelscum.com)
    The guest list is below, and Amy also announced that Master Replicas will be having a silent auction of one-of-a-kind-prototypes and APs there as well. Here's the guess list :

Temuera Morrison
    Alan Ruscoe
    Barrie Holland
    Colin Higgins
    Garrick Hagon
    Julian Glover
    Jay Lagaaia
    John Coppinger
    Mat Lucas
    Paul Blake
    Richard LeParmentier
    Peter Mayhew