San Diego, CA Celebration IV confirmed for Los Angeles May 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediLarryB, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    I want to go to that party...just to be able to go to Jim Henson Studio!!! (Yeah..yeah..priorities straight there LOL)
  2. Joshkj Jedi Padawan

Wow Great... I forgot about the april 30th pre-reg thing so now i have to get my bages onsite :(
  3. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Awesome!

I already have my tickets! I'll be there with my best friend.
    Who else is going?
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    When's the MR party? (And how does one get in? :confused: )
  5. FLY_JEDI Jedi Master

star 2
    The MR Party is Sunday, May 27th, 7:30pm til 10:30pm. Guests will be picked up from the Convention Center and shuttled to the Henson Studios. If you are a MR Collector's Society Member, you need to RSVP to reserve you ticket to admit 2!
  6. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am a member and have been for some time. I hadn't gotten an email about it yet though. :confused:

Unfortunately the RL mixer was that night too....UGH.

Paul won the MR costume contest at CCI last year, they've been really good to us.

I need to send them a note...

Lesley F.
  7. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    Now is that price of $66 per person for both breakfasts or for just one day or the other???
  8. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm thinking that's just for one day.

I've always wanted to go, but never did because of the price.
  9. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Like Edgar said, it's Sunday night. The party, however, is "sold out". You really had to keep in touch with the MR boards, on the ball and in the loop to jump on this one with an RSVP over a month ago. They had something like 500 spots, and they all went very quickly. If you send your request now, they'd put you on a wait list. Unfortunately, there are many Collector's Society members already in the queue.
  10. GreyJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Like Lesley said, the RL party is that night. MR has burned me too many times as a volunteer, so I steer clear of them. [face_frustrated]

GEEZE LOUISE! $70 for a BREAKFAST?! And people complained because the first suggestion for the RL dinner was $60 (including all-you-can-eat buffet and dance floor)?! :eek:

Sorry, my finances only stretch so far and that seems a bit outrageous to me. I'm glad some of the money is being donated to a charity cause, but holy cow. [face_hypnotized]
  11. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    You know, one of these days I'm actually going to go to a convention and NOT be committed to doing anything. :p ;)
  12. BrieKalan Jedi Knight

star 2
    Does that actually happen?
  13. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Doubtful. The only time I've done that was Comic Con 2004, and that was like 2 months before I got involved in the club. :oops:
  14. swguru2004 Force Ghost

star 4
    James, do you still have that extra ticket?
  15. JediZabrak Jedi Master

star 2
    I completely agree. If they were charging $70 for both breakfasts, then I would be able to convince my wife to go or if I was single I'd go. But, paying $140 for breakfasts for the both of us is just way beyond ridiculous. I think we'll be having breakfast at our hotel that morning w/ some of friends/roomates who don't feel like spending that much on a breakfast. There are so many things I could get for $70 and going to a schmucky, over-priced breafast isn't one of them.
  16. FLY_JEDI Jedi Master

star 2
    Wow.

Both Fan Breakfasts sold out in less than 2 minutes.

200 seats were available for each (one on Fri morning, the other on Sun morning). They were sold 100 seats in each offering, once at 10am PDT the other at 6pm PDT via eBay.
  17. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone seen a list of stuff that's going to be in the store yet?
    I am finding it harder and harder to wait [face_worried]
  18. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Lots of art and some exclusives preorders, but no Celebration Store list yet. Stay tuned...
  19. me-gonk Force Ghost

star 4
    It's become even more important to have a list as those rat b******s are making it so that the friends and family coupons don't work to get someone into the store. So...I'm supposed to stand in line for who knows how long-without my children and husband if I want in on Thursday? We've got a later in the evening time slot as well-it would be the last thing we do before leaving so the kids are going to be tired and grumpy and all of that. Jon won't be able to see what's there so I will have to know what I'm going in for to make it as quick as possible. Yes, we can go back in together Friday but from what I have heard it's quite possible that thing could already be picked clean by then...heck, they could be picked clean by the time I get in there Thursday night. At this point we may very well wait until Friday and give up.
    Every day I hate the planners more and more. Nothing but money grubbers :( A fan club membership for every person in your house...give me a break!
    Sorry....rant over...
  20. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    and registration for the Kessel Run is now live:

go here to learn how to register:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20070510b.html
  21. Dune_Sea_Hermit Force Ghost

star 1
    Sounds like fun. I can't play, but I'll take pictures and maybe a few videos.
  22. jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    that would be great!
  23. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    starwarsshop.com has some of their C-IV exclusives up.

The poster looks sweet! Hope there is some left when i'm in there on Fan Day at my time slot.
  24. Clone250 Force Ghost

star 1
    now that's a guest list. sounds like it would be fun, but don't think I'm going to the MR party...I think my membership expired.
  25. JediLarryB Jedi Master

star 2
    Per Steve Sansweet: DO NOT MISS the Opening Ceremonies on Friday night. It'll be one of those talked-about events of the show. There will be around 8,000 seats available, so just about anyone who wants to attend should be able to get in. That means you shouldn't have to start lining up hours in advance. The mayor of L.A. and OTHERS will be there. C-U-There!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.