main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA CELEBRATION IV DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I didnt get one either. Which day should I try for?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Friday morning! I hope more are able to get tickets tonight. Remember, you are supposed to be a hyperspace member in order to get tickets. I just found out that cable network is faster than DSL so I may not be successful.

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I got my pass today. :)

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I guess I'm lame. I'll try again tonight for DB and myself though if we don't get through then it's just fate I'll live. I'll save that money and spend it elsewhere I'm sure.

So DB got his pass, hopefully we all get them soon.

5. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    5:30-5:45 wake up for scrambled eggs, and processed bacon. Keep it
    in mind. :) :) [face_beatup]

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Please no one try on my behalf. If I don't get it I just won't go. It's fine, call it fate.

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    well... got my badge, but not the fan club stuff

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    SR, did you do it, are you going to breakfast? When I clicked on "Buy It Now", there were 68 tickets left. I was excited that I got one... YEA... wait a minute... PayPal took too long to process and I didn't get a ticket for the breakfast after all. :_|

Well, like SR said, maybe it was just fate. (fate or not, I'm still bummed!!)

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I forgot about it because I was cleaning up after dinner and it passed (we eat early Monday nights because of Scouts).

My badge also came in as did Mr. DH's. I don't know why my padawan's hasn't yet. I also got my movie marathon pass and my store pass but not Carrie but I think that's a will call item any way, right?

Does anyone know if we can start picking up stuff on Tuesday or do we have to wait for Wednesday?

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well someone save JF77 and me some eggs then would ya, I didn't get in either. Why is my connection not as fast as others. You would think that Sony would have lighting speed internet connection. Well, I'll keep my $70 and spend elsewhere. The rest of you enjoy yourselfs it just wasn't meant to be.

In other CIV news I too received my badge today. It was correct and everything. I had been reading stories on the CIV Board that people where not getting their Fan Club lanyard. I was worried but since I did check the other night and I was still in good standing I figured I was ok unless they just really screwed up. So I have the badge, the FC lanyard, the movie pass, and the four Friends and Family passes. So I'm all good to go.

About the movie marathon, I think I plan on going until 2pm or something check out for the hospital visit (because I hear it is close by and other 501st people are doing both so why can't I), then come back watch a little more then leave.

Well that's the plan anyway.

11. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Why don't you guys just go to Dennys and get a Lumberjack Slam.

Only 5-6 bucks and less nerd talk and b.o. at breakfast.

YummY.

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Well, after all y'all got yours I got excited and went off to the post office at 2am. Not only did I not get my badge, there was only ONE PIECE of mail, and it was junk mail!! Grr. At least I took the dog and he was insanely excited about the car ride.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, I did not get my Fan Club lanyard. I guess I'm going to have to call them.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's not good DH. I hope it's an easy fix. People who have had this problem on the CIV Board haven't been able to get in touch with anyone. You may have to have it fixed there at the convention.

15. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    funny thing is... I was a member of Fan Club for C I, II, and III. I never once saw or used the lounge, or received anything special. Go figure. Do they have a lounge this year?

Point being, there was no added beenfit the prior three cons. At least this year, we all get an extra day.

16. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    There's a lounge this year and I think some kind of gaming area too.

17. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I just received my 4-day pass and fan club lanyard in the mail yesterday [face_dancing]

If anyone wants to accompany me to Hyperspace day (May 24), please let me know so I can give you a friends and family ticket!

Also, BTW, I didn't get a ticket to the breakfast either, even with a cable modem that I have clocked at 6Mps (4x faster than T-1). Risking a sour grapes accusation, on second thought, $70 is way too much for a mediocre breakfast and goody bag...

18. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    DH I was reading through the thread to see where you were staying (I'm trying to plot the whole costume "staging" thing) and I'm confused -- you had two rooms at other places, but now you are at a third: the Hyatt? That's not one of the CIV hotels! Did you mean the Sheraton? That's on Hope and 7th too! Help me DH, you're my only hope! :D

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    OK, I don't know if this is a big deal or not. However, Ken Ralston who worked as a visual effects guy on SW back in the day now works for Sony. His assistant is a good friend of mine. This morning she calls me and offers me a VIP pass to the convention. I have no idea what that means. It may mean nothing or it may mean the world. I do have to pick the pass up at will call though. It may just be a four day pass probably nothing special.

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    Who else is attending the movie marathon? If it lasts until 2am on Thursday, and I want to be downtown by 7am, it doesnt make much sense to drive home and back.

Maybe someone who has a room could let the marathoners with sleeping bags crash for the night?

Thanks!

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Ooo, SR, that sounds cool.

I'm going to the marathon, I think.

22. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Go for it SR! Maybe the VIP pass is cool-looking... :D

So, rooms are available again, due to all the cancellations...I'm thinking of doing it; DH, where are you booked again? A non-CIV hotel? I'm just thinking of all the costuming, crazy hours, sore feet...all that. Am I nuts?

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JB if you get something really close like walking distance I'll throw in some extra bucks to store my stuff if you don't mind.

24. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ohayhogozaimasu from Tokyo, Japan! It's 5pm on Tuesday in LA, but 9am on Wednesday here! How weird.
    That sucks you guys didn't get into the breakfast. I wanted to go because I thought it would be cool if we could all go. Well, DH and I will have fun.
    I have spotty internet connection here, and probably no connection for the next 4 days, so if there's any other special events that pop up, let DH know so she can sign me up!
    I'm getting really excited about C4.

Rebel Legion photo on Friday? How come all the RL events are in conflict with the couple of things I have planned already? Oh well.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, I was wrong. I'm staying at the Sheraton (Macy's Plaza on 7th). There is a Blue Line station in the "basement" or across the street. The other blue line station is a block away from convention center.

I'm going to the marathon. I think it goes until 11 pm but if you guys want to bunk at my place it's fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.