main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA CELEBRATION IV DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    They haven't listed the panel information yet, have they?

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I don't think so, at least, I haven't seen it. I feel like I have no idea what is going on. I was so prepared for Indy, even had schedules for each day printed out, but I don't even know what time I'll show up to the L.A. Convention Center next week. :p

I got my badge, though, so that is good.

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm really curious to know what the full schedule will be so I can make my own schedule.
    I'm also surprised by the lack of advertising for this event. I just walked to the Convention Center, and there's nothing. The light up message board mentions the convention, but that's it.

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I've seen TONS of TV ads for it...but I have to admit they are really cheesy-looking, like monster-truck rally ads! :rolleyes:

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I drive by the Convention Center every morning and have not seen anything on their lighted marquees about CIV. I haven't seen any of the commercials either. I must not be watching the right stations.

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    We usually watch History Channel, Science/Discovery/Animal Channels. That's why I'm never participating in that Couch Potato thread; we just don't watch normal TV!

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH and our padawan watch those stations but neither have brought this up to me so they must not have seen the commercials either.

I can't believe it's almost here! I can't wait and yet I need more time.

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Ew, monster truck rally-like commercials!! Of course, over here, we don't get any CIV commercials. It must just be on local cable in LA. (I also miss the Tito's Tacos commercials I'd see during 360, and yes, even the Ahhhhnold campaign ads, haha.)

I'm still bitter about no R2D2 mailboxes here. I hope they'll still be around when CIV's going so I can see one!
    Just one week till my flight... :D

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm going to start a thread about this (and will do with other CIV planning topics), to make it (them) easier to find!

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If someone can get me then stamps while they are there, I'd appreciate it.

11. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    :confused: cbm -- ya buy stamps at the Post Office!

12. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I think they are going to have the First day 'release' for the stamps available only at the con.
    If I remember right - they are what stamp collectors look for.

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    From USPS.com:

HOW DO I GET THESE STAMPS?
    The new Star Wars stamp pane will be available at your Post Office? on May 25, online at usps.com,
    or by calling 1-800-STAMP-24. Also available for preorder beginning April 25 on usps.com or by
    calling 1-800-STAMP-24*.

EDIT: LOL @ the "TM" by the words "Post Office." [face_laugh]

14. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Ok, thanks JB! :)

15. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I ordered mine online. Should get here next week.

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I ordered them from the USPS website weeks ago. Just another item I don't want to be standing in a long line for.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I was going to have my sister-in-law stand in line for me but ordered them online instead. I wonder if they will sell them at the shop.

18. jlavilar

jlavilar Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2006
    Saludos Amigos, disculpen que escriba en español, pero el mensaje es para amigos latinos que esten por ir a C4, en Star Wars Perú tenemos un programa de radio via internet, sale los dias jueves, yo soy uno de los locutores, junto a Roger Olivares, para todos los dias de C4 estamos buscando amigos latinos que vayan a estar ahi tdo el dia para que nos sirvan como corresponsales, y nosotros podamos enlazar el programa de radio via una llamada telefonica a sus celulares, solo seran unos minutos mientras nos cuenta que ha pasado durante el dia y la llamada saldria al aire y muchos amigos de latinoamerica que no puden asistir se mantendrian informados para mayor informacion de la radio visten este link: http://starwarsperu.com/foro/viewtopic.php?t=1890

por favor contactenme por privado para poder coordinar o escribanme al hotmail con mi nick, gracias por todo a todos.

tambien habra una reunion de latinos pero eso lo pondre en otro post.

Sorry for the post in spanish, is for latinos, and i dont know much english. thank you very much.

19. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    They have schedules up now. PDF formats. Time to start planning the attack.

20. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I saw that! It seems that they are only the fan-based events though. I'm waiting to see what the big events will be!
    OMG!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm gonna explode! Call the police!

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    its progress. finally.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That the heck are all of you doing up at that hour?

I guess it's time to start planning!

23. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Hey Hey!!! A_Squared is gonna be at CIV, we have our badges!!! I can't wait to see you all...just like Indy again!!! Minus the Steak & Shake restuarants, LOL!!! We didn't get any tickets for any events, just been so busy, but if there is an event that is worth seeing and is not sold out, please let me know!!! Anybody started a countdown til' CIV??? Lets do it BIG, LAFF. HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I love A_S's enthusiasm. I don't think I was nearly as cool when I was his age...

I can't believe it's all happening next week! OMG! There's so much to do still!

25. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    There is so much programming to download. Something for every stage and day. I'm going to need a spread sheet a mile wide to look at what's going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.