LA, CA CELEBRATION IV DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I dislike how they broke up the schedule. I wish they had a "whole" one for those of us who can print Ledger sized sheets.

I can't believe it starts in two days! OMG!
  2. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just took a walk to the Convention Center.. the Banner is up!!! They were finishing putting it up as I got there! I took some pictures, but I don't have the cord to transfer the photos over to my computer. I got so excited I peed my pants. No, not really. I am pretty excited though. I can't believe it's happening so fast. I can't believe it's happening here in LA! It's strange to me that it's here. I kind of have a funny feeling about it still.
    CIV!!!
  3. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey JR text message me a shot of the banner. I want to see what it looks like.
  4. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    If you send it to my email I can have it posted within 5 mins!
  5. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't take it with my camera phone!
    Here's the picture!!
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album73/DSCF0038_001.jpg]
    and a close up
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album73/DSCF0038r.jpg]
  6. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
  8. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
  9. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for that picture. It pumps me up!
  10. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow. I'm headed that way this weekend.
  11. Adrian_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    COUNTDOWN IN DOWNTOWN!!! Banner is up, LAFF IT IS OUR TIME 2 SHINE!!! A_S here, 2 HYPE IT UP!!!

WHEN I SAY C - YOU SAY FOUR!!! C??? FOUR!!![face_dancing] C??? FOUR!!!! And when I say LA you say FAN FORCE. LA??? FANFORCE!!!! LA??? FAN FORCE!!!!!! BOO YAH!!! =D=

I cant wait til' Iam reunited with each and everyone of you were taking madd pics together!!! Fo Sho!!!
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't wait! I'm leaving mi familia tomorrow and won't see them for a couple of days. This is crazy but it'll be so much fun. I'm almost packed. JB, my one costume took up a large portion of my suitcase. I can't imagine how many bags you must have.
  13. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here are some more pics from this morning!
    This is the banner atop the West Hall Entrance:
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album73/C4_001.jpg]

All you crazy LU.n-atics heed this sign!:
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album73/C4_003.jpg]

Here's a pic from the inside of the South Hall. The security guards wouldn't let us in any further, although I probably could've talked my way in.

Click here if you want to see!

1 or 2 more days!!
  14. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I walked over with JR and we were actually asked if we were vendors. I wish I could have lied at that point but I would have felt bad. I also tried to get my fan club stuff but no such luck.
  15. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not going to the preveiw day, despite the fact that I can. Too much to do till then. But I'll talk to you guyss there. Any specific things we're all meeting up for? Like dinner...lunch..something?
  16. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're getting together at CPK on Thursday night. Try to come if you can.
  17. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For the life of me, I can't think of any place to have lunch. I LIVE and WORK here! There's nothing around the Convention Center! Sort of within walking distance is the Pantry, Denny's the restaurant at the Holiday Inn. A little Mexican joint at the Car Wash on Fig. Nothing else, really. I don't want to eat Convention Center food all the time.
  18. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    As I mentioned to JR, I really wish CIV was in Indy again. The hotels were closer; there were plenty of restaurants; the streets were clean and safe. It looks like Celebration weather may be here again. At C3 the weather took a turn for the worst. Here, we had so many sunny days and now we have overcast and it's kind of cool. Oh well.

I'm grousing right now because LA's just not a convention town. Maybe after the new hotels and restaurants are built it'll be better. Until then, conventions in LA leave a great deal to be desired. Once the convention starts I'll be better.
  19. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Great pics! I'm excited, swamped, trying to not be stressed. I still have so many things to do, and here I am stuck at work. My lists are evil long...and my schedule is packed already. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget to show up somewhere, or be so exhausted that I sleep through something...I am SO glad I decided to get a room downtown!!!!!
  20. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JB, I think the Biltmore is a convention hotel. You probably have shuttle service also. I know my hotel has it.
  21. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Have you been to Liberty Grill yet? It's right behind the Holiday Inn. Not fast food prices, but close to the convention center.
  22. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Today's my packing and errands day! Er, and my flight day(eek!).

Much to do still.

DH, you say it's cool, weather-wise? GOOD, then bringing that Yoda hoodie = a good idea.
    Hmm, I MIGHT need to do some last minute costume work at Devi's, haha.

After calls & showering (hey, gimme a break, I was up till 5:30am doing laundry!), I'm wearing my CII shirt that says "25 Years of The Force" on the back. Gotta represent for my co-flyers tonight, in case any of them are going for the same reason (like on me & SR's, and Jedilona's U2 flights in December, tons of other passengers were!).
  23. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've eaten at Liberty Grill many times. In fact SR and I had lunch there once. The food is good ol' American comfort food at gourmet food prices. It's close, but not cheap or quick. I'm thinking of stopping by the Japanese market near my hotel and picking up some rice balls or something there in the morning before I head out. We'll see... I just don't want to pay $8 for a crappy burger at the Convention Center. I'd rather pay $3 for a much better burger at Carl's Jr. It would be cool if In 'N Out, King Taco, and Tommy's would bring their catering trucks and park them outside of the Convention Center.. right along Fig where the Concourse Hall is. Wishful thinking...
  24. HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    There is an IHOP on Flower. Repeat, there is an IHOP on Flower. The Metro 81 bus goes right by it. You can pick up the 81 bus outside the Convention Center, or alternately it's not a bad walk.

Also, most of the hotels have restaurants.

The DASH "Downtown Discovery" line, which will be running on Saturday and Sunday, also will get you in to Little Tokyo, which has lots of little cheap and good Japanese restaurants, and also Nijiya, Marukai and Mitsuwa Japanese supermarkets.

In the same vein, there is a Famima on Figueroa. This is not yo' Momma's convenience store, this is a branch of a Japanese "kombini" that offers both Western-style sandwiches and Japanese "Bento" lunches. I think it's within walking distance, unless you are wearing TK/Clone armor.

http://www.famima-usa.com/
  25. Clawdite_Daisy Force Ghost

star 2
    I showed up just to take a peek. Much to my surprise, I found out they still had Carrie Fisher tickets so I bought one. In fact that's all I was allowed to buy. I wanted to buy one for my friend Rachel but she won't have her ticket till Friday. I was also wondering if I should take my laptop. For 12.99 a day I can use the Convention centers wifi. If I do and you all see me, I will be more than willing to lend it to those who need a quick uplink depending on my availability. If I get tired of carrying it, I can always leave it in my trunk. I hope the parking lot price stays at 12 dollars a day. I have this feeling the Convention center is going to go supply and
    demand on us and jack up the parking fees. I just hope it doesn't reach capacity like Comic Con does. As much as it would be nice to have a hotel room, I need to keep it in my budget. My friend Tammy lives next door to one of the hotels and she said I can take a rest at her place if needed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.