main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA CELEBRATION IV DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Congrats, VK! That's exciting. :)

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Make sure you go into your account settings on GenCon's site and tick the yes box next to "Are you a Star Wars Fan Club Member"

3. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Thanks AaS!

4. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    You can now reserve a time to shop at the
    CIV store.
    Log onto your CIV account here
    http://registration.gencon.com/celebration/

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well that's good except what if GL or something big is happening during that time? Then what do you do? I wish they would give a preview of what they will be selling.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm leaning towards Thursday, though not between 5 and 7, maybe the one beyond. How about you?

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I still have to buy my tickets -- I had a devil of a time just renewing my fan club membership [face_frustrated] -- and chances are I'll get, like, two Insiders out of the deal! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I joined for that fan day at C4. Next week I'll buy my tickets and book my shopping time. I'm thinking 11 at night on Thursday would be good. Nothing else is likely to be going on at that time, eh?

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Dang! I was on vacation when this happened, and I didn't follow up on this thread. I just found out about it. I signed up for the 9pm - 11pm time slot. Oh well.

9. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    DOUBLE POST!

All six movies starting from Episode I. 17 hours! I want to go!! I'm gonna get a ticket.
    I was hoping they would do this. I wish it were at the Chinese Theatre, but oh well.

10. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    TRIPLE POST

I got my ticket for the marathon! I'm crazy! Call the police.

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Reservations are available now for the movies! Started at 9 AM PST. I got mine!

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Although that sounds fun, 17 hours is a long time. WOW~~~
    Especially considering the next 5 days are going to be non-stop.

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm in! I wasn't going to get my C4 ticket until next week -- but there's no way I'd miss this...So now I'm all registered up!

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I highly doubt I will sit there through all six movies. It's just something to do and hang out that day. Heck, it's FREE.. so I don't feel obligated to be there the whole time. I'm sure I'll go out to lunch and dinner and such. Speaking of which, I'm gaining weight rather rapidly these days.

15. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Just signed up for the movie marathon
    -- hope the chairs in that room are comfortable........

16. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    JR, I hope you are not planning to join (a certain other) FF. ;) ;) J/K

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I don't plan on actually sitting through all of them, either...I don't think! I guess I'll see when I'm there. Anyone know what order they'll be shown in? It might have said on the site, but I don't recall it.

I just realized they'll probably be the SE OT versions... [face_frustrated]and there I was all excited about seeing SW and ESB on the big screen again. Dang dang dang dang dang...

18. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I was wondering what order they'd show them too. Looks like somebody needs to schlepp back to the site and see if it mentions it.

[face_plain]

All right, all right, I'll do it. I'll post what I find.

I'm back. Here's what it stated:

"Beginning at 9:00 AM on Wednesday, May 23, fans and movie buffs will have a chance to attend the screening of the entire, epic Star Wars saga on the big screen, beginning with Episode I The Phantom Menace and ending with Episode VI Return of the Jedi."

19. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    i think there's beginning to become more and more reasons why i should sign up for CIV

20. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Yes, sign up for CIV you must!!!

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Thank you JF77! I actually went back, but forgot what I was doing there...[face_shhh]at least I got signed up for my shopping time -- Friday 11-1 (I figured I'd be getting lunch then anyway).

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I got my hotel for like 100 a night for 4 people, so I took care of the important stuff

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I still haven't cancelled my room at the Bonaventure, but I will since I got a room at the Miyako Inn in Little Tokyo. It's not close at all, but it's cheap.

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    SR were talking about how we should keep one of the close hotel rooms booked by LAFF members, all pitch in for it, and use it as a staging area where we could keep costumes, purchases, etc. What say you all?

25. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey, can I use one of someone's Friends and Family thingies? On the first linked-to site (the first post of this thread) it says fanclub members get 4 such coupon thingies to get friends & family in on preview day and stuff...but it was a little ambiguous. Any of you know how that works (like, does the fanclub person get these in the mail? does the fanclub person have to register the people who will be using the coupons?)?

I'm guessing you're supposed to just get them in the mail with your badge and give them to whomever you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.