main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA CELEBRATION IV DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmmmm, could one of those Friends & Family coupons get one into a shopping time (with a fanclub member) designated for members only? That Thursday 11pm-1am looks tempting, but it's only for members. :/ All other Thursday times are full.

2. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Now *I* get to triple-post! I just registered, whee! I didn't sign up for a store time yet, 'cause I need to make sure SR or Devi (who's pretty unreachable at the present month or two still...) or *some* ride or other will be there at the same time so I'm not stranded downtown.

I'm so excited now that I've taken this step/can't *not* come! I can't wait to see you all again!!! :D :D

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Just registered for my shopping time. Thursday is completely "sold out". I'm scheduled for 7 - 9 a.m. on Friday morning. What a great way to start a day! Shopping for SW paraphernalia!!!!

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm registered and I've also signed up for the movie marathon however, I haven't picked a time to shop because I don't want the time I pick to interfer with a more important event. What if I pick a time and GL is speaking at the same time. Or what if there is a party or something! I don't know it's open 24/4 so why do I need to hurry. I really don't want anything unless it is an exclusive figure. I can do without the t-shirt. The CIII t-shirt is hidden in my closet somewhere and I'm sure a CIV wouldn't be any different.

5. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I just figured out that the RL picture is Friday morning. So much for those shopping plans! Looks like I need to reschedule.

6. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I went for the 11-1 on Friday, because it's lunchtime -- I figured there will still be a line, and if I grab something somewhere to go, I can eat and wait at the same time! Two birds and all! :D

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    See JF77 that's what I'm afraid of. I'll wait still.

8. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    OK, being one of the stupider fans, I'm so confused!

1) I never got any physical tickets for Celebration IV. Should I have?
    2) Book time to SHOP? What?! That sounds nuts! EDIT: OK, I've registered to shop. Sigh.

HELP! I'm insane.

9. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I can't register to shop yet 'cause I won't have a car there. HOWEVER, SR is wise and true, if the store's open 24 hours, I'm sure I could always go with Devi at like 3am without registering and there wouldn't be too bad a line...

JN--for CIII, SR got his pass and stuff (in the mail) before everyone else and wore it to Bennigan's, where we all proceeded to freak out a bit at not having ours yet. Don't worry yet! The receipt thing when I registered said they weren't mailing passes until mid-April, so we've got a wait still...

10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    i'm finally registered to go.
    Trying to pick a time now for the store... is it just me failing here, or have they not released any schedule of events at all yet?

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    No schedule yet, no. The only schedule thing we know of is the movie marathon.

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If anyone thinks they'll have extra time, it would be nice if peeps from the LA FF volunteer for the Pacific Region Fan Force Table that Rachel has arranged for. The shifts are only two hours each.

I hope to volunteer -- as LB mentioned, just waiting for the darn schedule -- but if others could take a crack at it, that would be swell. I'll have our LAFF flyer at the table.

The link for information is FAN FORCE TABLE.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I went and threw myself into volunteering for it a couple shifts

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    All signed up! But with everything going on, I'll probably need a reminder closer to the event! :p

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'll volunteer with you LB. I've never done a Fan table and I think I probably should at least once. Though I'm scared to do it because what if something great is going on at that time. I'll do the Friday 4-6 because I doubt anything will be going on during that time program wise as it is late in the day, but not too late to not get ready for an evening party time.

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    My table buddy is Kari! [face_mischief]

17. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I just signed up for Fri 7-9 shopping session, because I can't belive anything will be going on during that time!

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So is this an everthing CIV thread or just a sign up for the table thing now? I'll post this here anyway because I don't like a lot of threads.

For those of you in Rebel Legion what do you know about the Costume Parade before CIV? There is talk of them organizing one on the 501st board I was wondering if they were also posting it on Rebel Legion. I don't know why I would want to volunteer for another parade.

19. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    On the RL board we were told the application to the city to have a parade would read Sunday during the day. [face_thinking] We were also told it would be much more casual than the Rose Parade, and that anyone could sign up.

Oh, and I think Miana just edited the title of the thread to reflect what was, at the time, the latest news. I'll try to remember to have her change it back tomorrow.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Ok then we are all on the same page. Same stuff posted on 501st. Yes it is supposed to be laid back so I think I would do it. Parades are fun! (sarcasm/halfheartedly joking)

21. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I booked the same shopping time as JR and will be attending the marathon also. I have a room at the Hyatt that you guys are welcomed to use to store costumes if you'd like. I'm only a "Blue Line" ride away from the convention center.

22. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Guys, this is an important post for me, Please read.

Last year at CIII, we all had a formal dinner at St. Elmo?s Steak House. It was fun, and great to have everyone together for a nice meal. I would like the old school LAFF, and cool newbies to do that again.

Maybe that could be our Sunday event, and we can pay for Sarah since it is her birthday. If not Sunday, one of the nights. Perhaps Sunday. It is also one of my only chances to visit the whole group, as we can relax.

My only request is something nice, with servers, table clothes, and poultry/ meat.

JB, is this cool with you?

23. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    DB

So, you would pay for my meal as well? My birthday is May 25th....

24. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I think we MUST do something to celebrate our Star Wars birthday girl (s)!

Yes, DB -- let's have another nice LAFF dinner to celebrate the birthdays and C4 and Star Wars's 30th -- I will organize with the Cabinet! Maybe "Council" is a better word. :p Anyway, as we are NOT planning to have an official meet during May because of C4, we'll easily be able to have an "unofficial." What day do you arrive? ES -- I need that info from you too!

25. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    We're gonna need a definition of 'cool' for that plan, I think

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.