main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration IV Europe

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Miso_Jace, Jun 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miso_Jace

Miso_Jace Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Will any fellow Scots be in attendance?

As I'm the only SW fan in my house, I'm being forced to go the 3 days all on my Jack Jonesome, and also it'll be my first 'convention', so I was wondering if anyone from this neck of the woods would be interested of meeting up as a group at the venue, veterans & newbies like myself, all company would be appreciated. [face_dancing]

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

3. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself properly at first, I just joined today.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Check out the Who's Going to be There? thread in the CE forum and add your name in. There are some Scots going!

5. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Welcome Jiso, myself, JED1 and my wife Lady_Hermythea are going to CE!

Please also feel free to join us and others at the next Fan Force Scotland meet over the weekend of the 23rd and 24th June. Some of us are meeting up on the Saturday and some on the Sunday see this thread for further details:

http://boards.theforce.net/scotland/b10203/26597196/p2/?44

6. Miso_Jace

Jun 1, 2007
    Gutted guys, I can't go to CE anymore :_|:_|:_|

I'm still going to be at the meet on the 23rd though, looking forward to that.

7. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    That's a bummer! :( look forward to seeing you on the 23rd though! Oh and of course there's still Collectormania here in Glasgow at the Braehead Arena in August so you'll still get to meet some SW actors if you go to that!

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    4 weeks to go! [face_dancing]

9. darthelvislives

darthelvislives Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2007
    I'm going to be attending with my fiance and can't wait. Coming down from Aberdeen.

I have also made the final ten bands with a chance to perform at Celebration Europe. Please vote for Darth Elvis at www.celebrationeurope.com/cantina to help me get a performance at CE!

Thank you very much.

Look forward to meeting some of you there.

Cheers

Darth Elvis
    The Dark King of the Sith

10. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Looking fwd to it too Darth E!

11. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Not long to go now! I am so looking forward to this! [face_dancing]

12. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I'm back from CE which has got to be one of the best times I've had in my entire life, definately in there in the top 10. Just hope that there is another one! and that it's in Glasgow! lol!

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Was a great event, and great meeting you and Melissa [face_peace]

14. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Great meeting you too Sai, thinking about your encounter with Jerome Blake still cracks me up! [face_laugh]

15. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Hehe. The man was making a complete tit of himself. I'm glad I didn't have to hit him, though. Woulda been kinda awkward :p

16. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Ooh, spill the beans!

17. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Read the, "What happened to D_O_T" thread on the North boards :p

18. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I've uploaded some pics of CE!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7975&id=553672175

19. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Couldn't see them so I added you as a friend, mate :)

20. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Sorry about that!

I'll try again! lol!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=7975&l=9149e&id=553672175

21. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    A few mind burps here...I've returned from Celebration Europe too.
    I'm glancing in awe at two of those coins gifted from the really interested looking Hasbro reps - along with poster!
    Did anyone else jaunt along to the Freemason's Road in Custom House - the area Excel was in - for (far cheaper than ruddy ExCel) fast food/groceries? Shows you how even more fantastical than Mos Eisely Albert Square is BTW.
    Anyway, to those who care what my two cents is, there were many highlights - Mark Hamill, Warwick Davis (the only person who could be that enthusiastic and not grating) Steve Sansweet, who made you feel collecting "plastic toot" (Anthony Daniels words, not mine younglings) was a real manly (or womanly) pursuit. The Jedis/Sith battle on the bridge over the Thames was magic (Saturday night) even if you needed a bridging loan to eat and drink at the BBQ - and even if some lightsabre wielding fans insisted on that low-to-the-ground hockey duelling which just ain't right kids! Seeing the bloke and lassie from Glasgow's Forbidden Planet warmed me cockles (their names elude me).
    There was Billy Dee Williams... I won't say anything other than that as he is an experience all of himself (in the celeb-talk way not hotel bedroom way - I'd only be non-straight for Ford...) suffice to ask, what becomes of the broken hearted?.. I've also just about re-attached my jaw after the bevvy of Slave Leia's in attendance - thin to plump they were all good, like pizza...
    The Dagobah set was good, but there should have been more interactive bits and bobs for adults. You took your life in your hands trying to navigate the stalls, some of whom were really good (I got a couple of mark-downs on stuff) others (swarthy cockney blokey seller) would have cut their mother's throat to obtain over 200 pounds on an ROTJ Anakin.
    Lowlights - none really, I was in the company of a great pilot and good friend who sugared the whole experience with lavender loveliness. Anthony Daniels was a bit grating with his one-man look-at-me-a-thon that implied umbrage of Kenny Baker.(you ain't the only actor to appear in all six of the saga sir.) It was like watching John Redwood doing panto in the style of Julian Clary - I bet most non-Brits were mystified. The Clone Wars CGI preview was a bit anti-Cartoon Network (the producers of the new show, under the auspices of Lucas himself, poo-pooing some of the creative decisions of the brilliant Genndy-style toon and reassigning transmission rights to Nickelodeon... an economic thing?)
    Cost, as always, is a factor down south, but, as I say, you could eat for a tenner per person all weekend in the Custom House, though I appreciate the stranger in a strange land fears, many might have, precluding such ventures.
    Oh, and the 501st were mostly excellent - though I did laugh when parents had their kids pose for pictures with slightly pishier fan-home-versions (bacofoil Jango for example, or the giraffe-necked Vader. And that Grand Admiral Thrawn could have cheered up.)
    Nonetheless a blast - hope you can make sense of this overlong blog-esque mess - and I'm sorry I didn't arrange a meet with fellow Caledonian Jedis prior to arrival. Count me in in any future knees-ups in toon (Glasgow) though. Unless this has bored you all Jedi Knightless!

P.S. For those at the auction on Sunday - was that Simon Pegg who won the eggshell blue Vader Helmet replica done by Dan and Dan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.