main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Celebration IV in LA (May 24-28)

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Phuong_Solo, May 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miss-skywalker

miss-skywalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2006
    So I am officially going! It's my first celebration, and i'm really excited.

2. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    There will be lines. And lines to get in to the lines. Expect that. It will be crowded as all git-out.

C3 was like that. If I had just gone for the show, I would have been unhappy with my experience. The best thing about a Celebration is the camaraderie. I mostly went to meet people that I've talked to online for years but never met in person, and I am glad I did. So, if you have any aquaintences in that "know 'em but never met 'em" category, line up some contact info and swap hotel room numbers and phone numbers so you can get in touch with each other... it's very easy to miss folks (especially those you may not know real well) in the throngs.

Something I did to help find people I wanted to say 'hi' to was let all my online buddies know that I dyed my hair bright blue so they'd know it was me... it worked very well, and I learned a lot about how the world treats guys with bright blue hair.

If you make meeting up with people and having good times with them your C4 focus, you will have a fantastic time.

3. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I figured there would be lines, I am expecting that, but I'm sure the biggest lines will be for the signings and panels, etc.

I figure the lines will be about the same as the Fan Fest for the All-Star Game when it was here in Houston a few years ago.

4. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I'm sure it will be crowded, but somehow I doubt it will be as crowded as the first three. There was a tons more hype with the new movies coming out.

5. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    So who all from Houston is going to CIV?

I will be there and would like to know if others from Houston are going ... this way I might actually get to meet some of ya'll face to face (since I seem to never be able to make it to the meetings).

6. clone_jl

clone_jl Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2002
    Is anyone going to be buying art? I would be willing to throw in some extra cash for your troubles if someone helped get me a Grant Gould piece!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.