main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Celebration IV information and official news.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarthLucanas, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Well it has been officially mentioned on STAR WARS.COM

Here is an exerpt:

Cinefex Trilogy Set to Hyperspace Members
    February 16, 2006

starwars.com was launched ten years ago this November. In that time, we at Lucas Online have viewed the site not as a traditional marketing tool, but rather as a celebration of Star Wars and true resource and community for its fans.

This interaction took a leap forward with the full integration of the site and fan club in Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club. This marriage made possible a depth of inside access into Episode III never-before-seen with a Star Wars film. We look forward to bringing the same experience to our members with the two Star Wars television series in development, an anticipated Celebration IV event, next-generation Star Wars video games, special theatrical and DVD releases and whatever else the future has in store.

YEEESSS SWWWWEEET !!!

Now we are just waiting on date and location

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I have seen a few rumblings here and there about C4. I can't wait for it to happen. I would like to see it in Indy, because it would be close to my family and I could visit them for a few days prior to. But if it is in Cali or Vegas my wife will probably end up going and we would make a week of it.

Now the wait begins for dates and location. What fun!?!?!?! lol

3. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    I just hope I'll be able to go this time. :D

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Take it with a grain of salt guys, but the TF.N homepage is reporting the following:

"Celebration 4 in the L.A. Convention Center, May 24th to 27th 2007"

5. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw this but not sure if I fully believe it. I am going to wait until it is announced at Comic Con granted it may not be announced then but we will see. Some of my friends that met up for C3 are starting to get things going to meet up for C4. It might be too early for it but we figured we might as well. lol

6. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    Count me in

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am wanting to attend and hopefully will be able to. I was hoping it would be in the midwest but CA wouldn't be too bad I guess just the travel would suck.

8. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Nah, you can hop on JetBlue from Boston to LA (Long Beach) for wicked cheap.
    Probably cheaper than a flight to Indy.

9. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I've flown to CA and back at least 40 times in mylife, it's not to bad. I even did it with a 10 month old.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I was really hoping for Vegas. That was probably my only chance for attending C4 since my wife has been bugging me for the past year to go back. That and the fact that 4 days in Vegas would have been alot kinder on my wallet than 4 days out in LA.

11. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I am already saving up vacation and money.

I will be there!! [face_dancing]

12. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    We were planning on going to Disneyland next February anyway so if infact C4 is in LA we would just plan around that.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    It's Official! May 24-28, 2007 Los Angeles Convention Center. For more info check out the official site:
    http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20060526.html

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw this in the yahell group I am in. I will probably go to this even though it is in LA. I do have frequent flyer miles I can use. Got some money saved up. I am liking the whole 24 hr store thing. I may voluteer for that believe or not I am used to pulling all nighters and working all day that shouldn't be a probably. Hopefully they accept voluteers for this year last year people got their passes paid for by working. Not sure how the hotel thing will work out definitely get one early, I am sure most are already gone for that weekend anyway.

I am not liking the whole Memorial day weekend thing. That is nuts. The airports will be a total zoo.

Should we start a planning committee. I am already in one with the SW yahell group I am in. Plus I am sure sandtroopers will be planning as well.

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Yeah!!!! Celebration IV!!!! :)

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Unless I hit the lottery, get adopted by Donald Trump or sell my body to science, I think I'm going to sit C4 out :( 4 or 5 days out in LA is just going to run me way too many ducats. Plus, I can't leave Mrs Wormie at home with both kids. Not unless I want to come home to an empty house:oops:

I hope all you guys going have a blast though. I apologize in advance for the non-stop bugging and begging I'll be doing asking people to pick me up stuff ;)

17. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    If you can't make it wormie I will pick up some stuff for ya. I will do what I did for C3 and send things out via UPS before coming home.

Right now I am up in the air about this whole thing. Even though airfare may be covered I might check out jetblue and song. They are supposed to have cheap flights out to LA. I would share a hotel room with people. I was thinking a suite or something to cut costs. Food will be a trouble spot as well. Can't bring snacks on a plane. lol

18. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I am up in the air about it, So far off.

19. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    L.A. :mad: this blows!!!

I will go but not looking forward to this trip.

20. mattdamick

mattdamick Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    I think if i start working on my wife now she will still say no but i am going to try anyway.Maybe we can put together a group trip

21. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am up for a group trip. Some of my friends from other sites are planning gatherings as well. Some people are backing out due to the location. The more I think of it the location makes sense just because SW pretty much started out there. I am looking forward to seeing what it is going to be about.

22. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    I agree with you, Chris. LA seems like a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

23. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    I hope we will get some more information about this event soon.

Hopefully we will get tours of Skywalker Ranch or even Steve Sawsweets place....yeah I doubt it too. [face_laugh]

I really like the idea of getting alot of groups involved and pooling our resources and such.

I say we start getting in contact with other groups, I know I am going to start looking into hotels there soon.

Alot of people reserved them as early as a year before the event. But once the badges go on sale the hotels through C4 will also be available to be purchased along with the badges.

Then what happened is people cancelled there original reservations and got a discount through the C4 site.

24. DarthIC2

Mar 23, 2006
    I should check my hotel discount availability, will be cheaper than C-4 discount.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I did some quick research on the convention center website they had
    some good links of things to do around that area.

http://www.seemyla.com/directory/accommodations.aspx - hotel listing
    I tried a couple hotels and got a message saying they can't do
    reservation more the 50 weeks away.

http://www.downtownnews.com/rg01/restguide.html

http://www.lacclink.com/downtownguide/downtownhome.htm

hopefully this can help us out.

I think contacting other groups (whether it be fanforce, yahoo, myspace, collector sites)could be a good idea. Like I mentioned before the group that I met with for C3 are already planning a few things to get the balling rolling. I am sure that sandtroopers will be getting things together as well.

Here is a link to the yahell group that we formed for planning:
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/CIV_Star_Wars/
    If any one is interested feel free to check it out. The people there are really cool and were fun to hang with last time. They are from all over the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.