main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Celebration IV informational thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    That's similar to what they did at C3 with the exception of course being ROTS had not been released yet.

2. Rogue-Girl

Rogue-Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    I think I am going yippie!

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Congrats! I may be going as well.:D I have a family friend who works for GenCon and she's working on getting me a job as a "Senior Volunteer" for the Con.

4. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    got my plane tix booked for this event. got a direct flight thru Delta out of Boston to LAX. I leave on Wednesday and come back on Sunday. I get coach going out there and first class coming back. Wish it were the other way around but that is how delta put me when I used my frequent flyer miles.

5. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    If you're only going to have 1st class one way, you're better off doing it on the flight home. After 4-65 days of SW with little sleep, you'll appreciate the cushy seats and extra legroom.

6. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    My flight is booked and I will be indeed working C4 as a member of the GenCon staff. :D I fly out on Tues. the 22nd and fly home Memorial Day morning.

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Excellent! :D

8. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Well, its official! I just bought my plane ticket and my badge (and I am seeing the 6 movie marathon wooot!). I know I haven't been a big prescence on these boards, and haven't met anyone BUT....if anyone would like to meet up during the convention, lemme know. Do the Boston Rebels have a booth or anything? Any 'meet ups' occuring during the convention?

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Right now I think there are only 3 maybe 4 people from MA besides you heading to C4. I will be there Wednesday at 9:00 pm and leaving on Sunday. Chris aka Mohawk Elvis and Darthwormie aka Mike are going. No plans to meet up yet have been made I know we (Chris, Mike, and I) all have each other's cell phone #s so I am sure we will meet up at some point. We could definitely do a meet there for lunch or something. I will be with a group of my friends from a yahell SW group. We all hung out at C3 and had a good time. I think the folks over at sandtroopers.com are looking to meet up as well, which is funny because 3 (Chris, Mike, and I) of us that are going from that group already know each other and have met numerous times already.

So anyways I am up for a MA fan force meet up that would be cool. We probably should share contact info prior to going so we know how to get a hold of each other.

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I would also be up for some '4th wall breakage'. Unfortunately I can't commit to any plans until I know what hours I'll be working out there.

11. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Rogue-Girl

I must ask you if you have a MySpace page at this time. If you do, PM it to me and I'll put in an add request from the group's account. Although we try to plan meets on this board, we will also announce them in a MySpace bulletin.

Being too poor to travel much, I'm afraid I won't be going to C4, but I hope you do meet up w/ the New England FanForce contingent. I believe FanForce will also have a table at the event, so you can stop by there, as well. :)

12. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    Yeah sure! My myspace is http://www.myspace.com/fionashooty Check it out, and 'addme' :)

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not to toot my own horn, but guess who designed the ALL NEW FanForce banner that will be gracing the FF table at C4?:D
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/FanForceB2.jpg]

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    do you need me to print it out Mike? lol

15. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wonderful, Mike. Surprised Jedi_Dajuan didn't give you colors (other than the CR blue) on a temporary basis for coming up w/ the design.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nope. FF took care of it themselves. I just made it look pretty.;)

as for colors? Don't need them. I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the galaxy...

17. Mohawk-Elvis

Mohawk-Elvis Jedi Master star 1

Jan 28, 2007
    Very nice work again Mike! :)

18. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    nine days to go.......

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Not for me.:D I fly out next Tuesday and will actually be inside the convention center on Wednesday.

20. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
    So Mike could you sneak me in with ya on Wednesday ...I could be your " assistant " ;)

But seriously I am really happy you are going and we will be able to hang out a little more this time.

I just wish the con schedule was already out.

When will you get your schedule?

21. Mohawk-Elvis

Jan 28, 2007
  22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I get my schedule & assignment Tuesday night. We have a meeting at 8:30 that night inside the Con Center, so I'll be getting my first look at the set-up then.

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures.:D

23. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    So how can I meet up with anyone?

24. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, I know that DarthWormie, Mohawk-Elvis, and chewykingwookiee are there, but I don't know if they have access to a computer over there, or I'm sure they'd be posting. Just keep watching this thread or PM them to let them know you're interested in "4th wall breakage". :)

25. Rogue-Girl

Aug 12, 2002
    I went, I saw, I conquered! I hope anyone else who went had as much fun as I did!!! =D= [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.