main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Celebration IV Kessel Run

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by j-jawa3, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Is there anyone from the Seattle Area (attending Celebration IV) who will be participating in the Kessel Run Trivia Contest? I will be attending, and am looking for any group who needs members. I would like to participate in the Jedi Master category. Send me an e-mail to: jjawa3@comcast.net

2. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I think it would be awesome! I was going to post a topic about the same thing. I'm worried about time, since we leave later that day, but I think it would be fun!

JF

3. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Anyone else?! Come on! A TRIVIA competition!! We only have until tomorrow! Don't make me PM-spam you! :p

JF

4. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Jedi Farfy:

Please contact me with your name....call with info...I have to register the team by tomorrow, via E-Mail!!!

5. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    pm sent

6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    OK: I have registered the following for the Kessel Run Team:

JJawa3
    Jedi Farfy
    DetShogan

(I used our screen names--hey, what do they need real names for, anyway?!?)

There is still room for one more person--you need to let me know TODAY!!!!!

First Jedi, Sith Lord, Padawan, Droid, Hutt, Jawa, Sandperson, Wookie, Apprentice, etc. to let me know will be entered!

7. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    OK, here's the latest...

We are #17 on the standby list. This means that the maximum of 100 teams have already been selected--thus, a total of 18 teams would have to back out before we got a crack at it.

If everyone still wants to give it a shot, stay tuned--and be there on the 28th!

8. Cydon

Cydon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    :_|:_|

I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I hope you will have time to make the Kessel run... LA has notorious traffic and it will take extra time to get to the airport esp. with the holiday traffic.

10. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Thank you, AmmersVI, for the advice. I had completely forgotten about the holiday.

At conventions like this, I try to get to the activities as early as possible. This was very easy in the past, because at Indianapolis, there were skyways to the convention center--but we STILL had to wait outside in line to get in, in the morning.

My hotel is about a mile away from the Convention Center. I do not plan to walk--for safety reasons. So, I am going to have to start out very early!

I will be leaving the 29th (the day after) and I hope that there won't be a lot of traffic to the airport--but then again, that's LA--we drove through there a few years ago when our son graduated from boot camp in San Diego--traffic was HORRIBLE--it took SIX HOURS to get through Los Angeles and Pasedena, and to get to the point where we could actually drive at normal freeway speeds!

Thanks again and I hope to see you there!

11. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Crap, I didn't think about traffic. We leave right after the convention. If we do this, we need to get it done ASAP so I can get to the airport. :)

JF

12. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.