main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Celebration IV Planning Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Nov 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Welcome One and All To the SWAP Celebration IV Planning Thread!

When: May 24-28, 2007
    Where: Los Angeles, CA
    Why: Ummm, because we want to? And it'll be fun!
    Who: YOU!

Who's Going
    TRADMIC
    SuperChill
    GreenCat
    Zero

If you are going, want to go, or are a definate maybe, you need to let it be known by NO LATER than the Dec 2 meeting.
    The reason for this is so we can figure out the airline and hotel situations. We currently have 3 hotel rooms. We will then whittle it down based on how many people we have going and need space for. If you decide to go after that, wonderful. But, you will either be sharing some floor space (which may or not be available) or be on your own to find a hotel room.
    Airline arrangements will be made at a later time.

This thread will be the home for all CIV arrangements, plans, and dealings. Keep checking back as this post will be updated as things change.

2. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    My heart is set on going. But my funds are quite low and I am unsure if I will be able to attend. And I probably wont know until early next year.

So I would say I am a maybe.

3. TRADMIC

TRADMIC Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2005
    It looks like we'll decide at the December meeting which of the hotel rooms we'll be keeping and which we'll be ditching.

Either way, Jason and I will be adding Tuesday to our hotel room, so we'll pay for that day ourselves if no one else will be arriving til Wednesday.

Wednesday we are going to The Price is Right :)

Flight plans still need figured out. We'll be heading out early Tuesday, so we probably won't be flying with any of you.:( But remember: on the day you'll be flying, be sure to check the terror level.

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a187/TRADMIC/Other%20captions/soapthreatlevel.jpg]

:p

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

:(

Has always wanted to go see The Price is Right,
    Yours Truly

P.S. :_|

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    You can probably still get tickets. They are free I believe.

6. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Me no go CIV. :(

Bob Barker retire soon. :_|

Me know me no use good English,
    Yours Truly

7. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Maybe me no go either, so I will join you in your sulking as we watch Trademic win a car on TV.

8. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    No way, dudes. I'm gonna be playing PLINKO!! [face_dancing]

You guys should really reconsider.
    California is the place to be.

:cool:

9. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Heh, The Price is Right is tempting, but I just can't go all the way to CA for another of these SW shindigs. C2 and C3 were fun (and expensive and frustrating) but ben_ethus and I have to, like, pay for a wedding and stuff. It is sad that Bob is retiring; I knew it would come one day but this is bad timing!

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Going to see Bob Barker in person is extremely cool and I am very jealous. Sadly, I just don't have any more time to take off.

I'll be flying out Weds and coming home on Monday.

Stateless, when's the wedding? I need to be able to make sure Tim Zahn clears his schedule for that weekend.

11. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    No idea yet. We are still trying to figure what we want to do. It ain't gonna be your normal wedding. ;)

12. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Can you guys have a Star Trek wedding? I always have wanted to dress as a Kilngon. [face_praying]

13. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    So far we've had one request for a Stormtrooper wedding, one for a pirate weddding and now one for a Star Trek wedding. Heh heh. I think if any of those were in the running, it would be the pirate wedding, though I doubt we'd go with that either. It's a little too Ren Faire for me. :p

14. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I always thought a wedding at Kennywood would be fun. Say your wedding vows on the merry-go-round, reception at one of the pavallions.

You could go the traditional route -- Vegas with an Elvis impersonator. Add the Star Wars twist by having it be Stormtrooper Elvis.

Its not too late to have the wedding at CIV. :D

15. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    *bumpity bump bump bump*
    Remember, if you are wantingto go to Celebration 4, please post in this thread by Saturday Dec 2, or the day of the next meeting, so we can make a decision on hotels.
    thanks!

16. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    I don't understand what you guys are saying about the hotels. Are you trying to share rooms to save a bit of dough? Are you trying to just stay in the same hotel as each other? Are you trying to have two rooms in seperate hotels across the street from each other so you can make a zip-line from one room to the other? I'm planning on going to C4. I actually wanted to see some old people from Phoenix there. Anyway, I have friends in LA and family in Santa Monica. I would feel like a perfect jerk if I didn't stay with them. If I just want to be able to meet up on an odd night I don't have to worry about being part of your guys' planning in any way, correct?

I think this is the furthest in advance I've ever thought about anything other than the wine I'm trying to distill in the basement. While I'm at it I'll start planning for everyone summiting Everest in spring 2011.

17. Plagious

Plagious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2006
    I have a hard time planning this far in adcance. Yes I want to go to C4 yes I need a hotel room. I already got my plane Tickets :p

I would love to go to the Price is right also. You will need to be in custome if you want a chance to make it on the show. Wasn't he retireing? Anyway I hope I am not too late.

How much are the hotel rooms? What days did you get them for? I will probably have to get reservations for other days.

18. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Let's try to keep this thread for C4 conversation only.
    We need info on the hotels ect. We may want that extra room! We may want to add days if that is possible.

19. ben_ethus

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

My guess is you might be too late to jump on the Price is Right, since I'm pretty sure you need to jump on those early. Not 100% sure, though. You'd probably have to ask TRADMIC about that.

If memory serves, at the meeting, they were discussing how to get rid of the extra CIV room that they had. If you guys could use it, and they haven't found a home for it, that seems like a logical/simple solution. Not sure what to say if it's already gone. I've got to imagine hotel rooms are pretty sparse at this point.

Doing his part to help,
    Yours Truly

20. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    Rooms still up for grabs. Not too late for Price is Right.

See PM and give me a call. :)

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Hmmmmm. Keep a thread on topic and not wander off on tangent conversations that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread. Sounds crazy but it might just work. [face_mischief] But probably not.

Anyway, when were you Clarks thinking about flying out to LA? When is everyone else planning on flying out? I'm going out Weds and coming back Monday. What is the name of the hotel we are staying in?

I got an early Christmas present from the folks, some $$ for CIV. w00t! I'm thinking I might get a MonCalimari (sp?) mask and gloves and costuming as Bant. Although I wonder if anyone will get who I am supposed to be . . .

If you saw a MonCalimari Jedi would you think Bant?

22. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    People are gonna think Ackbar, methinks.

We are still waiting to see if we will end up needing the extra hotel room before we go ahead and cancel. If we're gonna use two rooms, I'm hoping to keep the two that we have since they're in the same hotel. And of course if that happens we'll only have to cover the expense of cancelling one hotel room.

I have to wait til our PIR tickets come in before I book our flights. If we get our first choice day (WED) we will be flying out on Tuesday.

23. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I thought that the Clarks (Plageious, Killdeer, MomMaster) were going to take the second room? That would put the SWAP folks together in one hotel and just leave Zero's reserved room to either pass on to another group or cancel. :confused:

24. TRADMIC

Jul 24, 2005
    I thought that the Clarks (Plageious, Killdeer, MomMaster) were going to take the second room?

Possibly

That would put the SWAP folks together in one hotel and just leave Zero's reserved room to either pass on to another group or cancel.

Correct. This would be the best scenario.

25. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    Out of curiosity, what is the price to cover the extra room?

The unfortunate thing is that I just received an invitation in the mail on Friday for my friends' wedding in LA. And guess what weekend it is... :_|

It's actually convenient in that I can now kill two birds with one stone, but I highly doubt I'll be sleeping on the couch of the newly weds that weekend. [face_laugh] Anyone ever see "You, Me, and Dupree"?

Anyways, I'm weighing my options now. I'm not entirely sure if I would want to stay with relatives in Santa Monica, but I will if I have to. It really isn't a huge money issue since this sort of thing only happens once a year, but I figured that there's probably no space available in the hotels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.