main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Celebration IV Rumors - Possibly in the L.A. Convention Center, May 24th to 27th 2007

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Earwen_Lightrider, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Rumor has it that Celebration 4 will be in the L.A. Convention Center, May 24th to 27th 2007. Please note that as of now this is still rumor. Nothing has been officially confirmed. Although the LA Convention center has confirmed that they have those dates blocked off for a Star Wars Celebration. No official announcements have come yet, but after all this waiting I'm glad to hear something :). We've been told that they are trying to get it so that an official announcement can be made by the end of May. *crosses fingers* I sure hope so!

~Nat

2. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Yeah, I have been following this on the Celebration Forums! And the fact that the LA convention center has it reserved confirms it for me!! Whoohoo! WE need to plan a road trip! LA is much closer and we could make it in 24 hours. John had a fun idea, to road trip down there and make arrangements to join other fanforces on the way! One big Star Wars caravan!!! Start saving everybody! I'm hoping to be able to reserve 4 rooms for our group as soon as they are available. I want everyone to come!

3. --SwordSaint--

--SwordSaint-- Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 29, 2001
    Swordsaint here.
    I've heard this rumor as well, and I'm as amped as I can be. I say we all go armored out.I'll build, you wear. The secret I had been keeping is that I'm working on a full suit of warhammer 40k space marine power armor. I know it's not star wars but it's gonna be awsome. But as well I'm re-doing all of my clone trooper armor, and have begun sculpting a suit of republic commando armor.
    What can I say, I'm a busy boy.
    I'm so excited about C4. someone call me so we can talk.
    Swordsaint out.

4. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    Warhammer? :eek:
    You are busy. That sounds pretty cool.
    I'll have to give you a call, even though I know nothing about armor, I can "Oohh and Aww" with the best of them :D
    Keeping this thread on track, I'll all for C4. I know some great resteraunts in the LA area that I can point the way to.
    Plus, I'm always up for a roadtrip ;)
    We'll just have to draw a map and figure out what FanForces would care to tag along.

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The So Cal Fanforces are incedibly psyched at this news. Keep your fingers crossed!! :D

6. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    <sip of soda>
    blah blah blah C4-
    <sip>
    blah blah blah LA-
    <sip>
    blah blah blah-
    full suit of warhammer 40k space marine powerarmor
    <spit take> holy freakin' ****!!!

<composes self> Seriously though, I'd love to look over the Zuckuss helmet you have some time. I'd loive to have that costume ready for C4. an LA con is almost kinda nearly possible for me.

7. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Space Marine Power Armor is great, even though I don't play space marines that is some pretty awsome armor.

I am am very looking forward to C4, I should be able to make it if it is close enough. This is definately something to look forward to.

8. --SwordSaint--

Aug 29, 2001

[/quote]

Space Marine Power Armor is great, even though I don't play space marines that is some pretty awsome armor.

I am am very looking forward to C4, I should be able to make it if it is close enough. This is definately something to look forward to.[/quote]

What do you play?
    I'm thinking of doing Commander Shadowsun's battle suit next. Or Eldar, or Ork, or(sister of battle for my wife.) or...
    Oh wait, gotta finish that republic commando fisrt.
    STAR WARS=FIRST LOVE.
    Sword saint out.

9. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

I am IG commander and have my own custom Eldar Craftworld. Although my armies are in shambles right now seeing as my mother ran them over with her van forgetting all our stuff was put in the garage. I am rebuilding my armies currently. I also have not played any games in a while so I have forgotten most of the rules :oops:

10. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    Did someone say Warhammer 40K???

I just spent $300 on a Necron army. So if anyone else plays we have a group of about 10 people that get together every weekend :)

11. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    :eek: You guys are lucky, I have issues getting a game together period. Although I do not remember the rules seeing as I have not played in a while.

Yes you heard about Warhammer 40k. I play IG and Eldar. Eldar are closer to being complete *sighs* again. What size armies do you use?

12. --SwordSaint--

Aug 29, 2001
    Ohhh! I touched a nerve.
    For real though, I haven't played in a long time but I have numerous armies; Space wolves, craftword eldar, nercons, tau.
    Though I've been looking at them mostly for sculpting reasons lately.
    I have fantasies of full chapters(like 501st garrisons spead all over.)
    And I will be the first to sculpt them!

O... DID I TYPE THET OUT LOUD?

Anyway, let's get back on topic.
    C4!
    Swordsaint out.

13. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    I always have the best ideas. That armor sounds awesome james! Are you gonna paint it ultramarine blue?

14. --SwordSaint--

Aug 29, 2001

I always have the best ideas. That armor sounds awesome james! Are you gonna paint it ultramarine blue?[/quote]

Well, After I finish sculpting all the pieces I will make molds of them. That way I can reproduce as many as I need to. Who ever gets one can paint them up in their favorite chapter's colors.
    As for me I'll paint my first person suit as a space-wolf.

PS. I'll also be sculpting ad-on chapter icons(for helms,chests,shoulders,etc.) for all the major chapters. All the more to personalize with.
    Swordsaint out.

15. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Sounds great --SwordSaint-- I wonder if you could fool people in the 501st into thinking that the armor in white is an elite stormtrooper squad or something.

I was always partial to the Ultramarines desptie I don't play Space Marines

16. --SwordSaint--

Aug 29, 2001
    I know that there is some gaint uber stormtrooper from the dark empire comics?
    I bet between my storm, clone, and new space marine armor pieces I could kit bash one of those.

If anyone knows the one I'm thinking of please feed me some info.
    Swordsaint out.

17. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    They are called Phase III Dark Troopers, from the video game Dark Forces. Big-ass exosuit with a jetpack. (Not to be confused with the "Darktroopers" from the Dark Empire comic series, which were just Starmtroopers in shiny black armor).

Detailed images are avaliable here...
    http://www.rebelscum.com/potf2eudarktrooper.asp

Text info here...
    http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/index.html

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/darktroopers/img/eu_bg.jpg]

18. --SwordSaint--

Aug 29, 2001
    Thats the one.
    Hmmm...well, maybe.

19. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    A Dark Trooper would look really cool. We'd also be closer to establishing a 501st outpost, if we ever get all the Imperial Costumes done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.