main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Celebration IV! So who's going?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Underpaid_Soldier, May 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeRichmondVA

JoeRichmondVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2006
    If we all are interested in a con room, let's make sure we coordinate and all get into the same hotel.

2. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    I have some bad news guys, I won't be able to go. The "timing" of the event is the problem, and since I'm getting ready to join the Army in the spring/summer of '07, I don't know if it'll be a wise choice to blow a couple thousand on a SW convention. It's cutting it close, so I'll be aiming for C5 :).

With that in mind, I'll be canceling my room with the Figeuroa (double bed singles). I'll let you guys know once I do.

3. Shivann_D

Shivann_D Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2006
    Has there been any other news and such on rates and packages? I am still planning on going and will definitely want to share the cost of a room with someone(s). I am not going to be able to make it to the meeting this month but if it is going to be discussed, please let me know about anything that comes up. Thanks and 231 days to go till Celebration IV.....

4. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I haven't seen anything yet on packages myself. I am very curious if I will be keeping my reserved room at the Fig or going with a package. Anyone else with better contacts have any info?

5. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Another countdown has started...cool.

6. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    I am posting this for anyone that has definitely decided to go to CIV.
    I am in contact with a group from Mississippi that still have space for 3 more persons in their rooms. The cost for the 6 nights (May 23-29, 2007) is $350 ($59/night), which is a great deal. Ihave checked the sites and the cheapest I can find outside the Housing Board places is about $189 per night.
    They are the Mandalorians Mississippi Division. Check them out at www.mandaloriansmsd.com
    $320.00 is for all 6 nights. They have 5 rooms and are putting 4 people (max) in each room 4 guys rooms and 1 girls room. Each person will share time on a air mattress, couch or floor. 3 nights in a bed and 3 on something else. Check in is May 23rd and check out is May 29th. I am already committing myself to joining them since I am weary of finding another room or set of roomies. The Hotel is the Mayfair and is 3/4 of a mile from the LACC/Staples Center. They person's name that I am dealing with is Jay Sarrett <bobafett@jam.rr.com>. Please let him know if you are interested so that we can get a few more from the Richmond Area going. If you need more details on payment and timeframe contact him directly or you can post here and I will relay the questions. Thanks and 232 days before CIV!!!!!

Joel

7. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Right now I am still booked at the Fig as far as I know, 2 beds. At this point I am not sure if my wife is coming or not, whether I will get a roomie, whether I will stay at the Fig or get a package room somewhere, or what. That does sound like a great price though....

8. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    Joe....
    When do you think you will know about your wife going or not? The reason I am asking is that I am hesitant to send this other person in Miss $350 up front to hold my space in the room.
    If you are staying at the Fig, and you are interested in a roomie, I am def interested.
    I will not be able to be at the meeting on Tues due to my wife and her Mothers of Multiples(twins) meeting that night, but if you can find out if there is anyone else that is going and is interested in getting a room then maybe we can all work something out to split the room. I have an air mattress and I am sure we can get a cot at any of the hotels if need be.
    ANY help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Joel

9. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    Begun, the Celebration has....

http://starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061025.html

We are still working out plans on whether my wife is coming. At this time I believe she is, although we are going to look into the package deals also besides the Fig.

What is the word as to the best hotel to stay out there?

10. Shivann_D

Aug 28, 2006
    So far they havent announced which hotels will be participating, but I contacted the Holiday Inn before I hooked up with the group from Miss. and their rates were about $139 per night. Whether or not that will hold up or if the Hyperspace member dicount though SW.com will be better, I am not sure.
    Good Luck and see ya out there
    I have found fares through Travelocity for flights though that would run $233 - $260 + tax out of Dullas from May 23 to 29.

11. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    I still need to sign up for Hyperspace so I get all the benefits...

12. JEDIMASTER_VIDAL

JEDIMASTER_VIDAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 2, 2007
    IM GOING FOR SURE ME AND MY BUD R 10 MIN WALK FROM THE HOTEL 60$ A NIGHT. IF ANY ONE NEEDS THE IN FO LET ME KNOW

13. TK7877

TK7877 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2006
    I will deffinently make this event.
    I might have an extra room at the hotel closest to the event if anyone needs a room.
    At the moment I'm sharing a room with two others, but I could always share a room with just one other maybe.

14. JoeRichmondVA

Aug 18, 2006
    $60 a night? Where is that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.