main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Celebration IV

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Nov 20, 2005.

1. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Yes, it's just that that stuff is not really known, I've just flown to LAX 3 times in the last 6 months so I've seen it, hidden charges I didn't even know about.

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Of these three options, the personal vehicles is the only option where you won't have to add in taxi costs.

3. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    It cost me less than $50 each way via car.

4. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    More and more, personal vehicles is looking better and better.

5. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Also, it might cost (it does where I"m staying) $15-25 per day to put a car in the hotel garage, keep tht in mind also.

6. 14of3amberofborg

14of3amberofborg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    That is calculated in to the price I put in.
    Also for the van... I counted on $20 per car per day.

7. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I called the hotels.. it runs $15.40 per day at Damian's hotel to park a car and $20.00 per day at Jack's hotel. This does not factor in tipping.. each time we take the car out we will need to tip the valet $2-$3 to bring the car to us and another $2-$3 to park it.

while I am on the subject of tipping.. Porter/Bellman tipping.. it is customary to tip your porter $1-$2 per luggage item he carries for you. Please keep this in mind when and if you make use of the hotel porter while in LA, and please don't take offense if you already knew this information.. just chalk it up to your CR being overly motherly and wanting us to make a good impression while we are in LA.

8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Whoa, I didn't realize how much parking would be. I won't have a car but my hotel told me $8.00 a night for a car.

9. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
  10. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I'm in for 3-5pm on May 25th
    Also, I signed up for the 6-movie marathon. who wants to join me?

11. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    I'll go shopping with ya, kid. That way you can point out to me all the things that I should be buying(which I won't), but at least I'll have an intelligent reason as to why I SHOULD have.

I'm also registered for the movies.

12. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    There are only two things I am truly interested in buying. One is a Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber(hilt w/blade&sound). The other item I would(almost) kill for is a replica t-shirt of the ORIGINAL STAR WARS shirt. It had the STAR WARS logo on the sleeve and Darth Vader on the front. For those of you youngsters who have ever seen the two-record LP album, the Vader pic on the shirt is the same as the Vader pic on the back cover.

13. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Should I shoot for that time also to shop? Can't afford it but looking does not cost a thing.

The movies? All 6? In a theater or just a room?

14. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Feel free to join us in shopping. Like you said, looking is free.
    All six movies will be back to back with a half hour break between films. It sounds like once they start showing them, it will be continuous, 24 hours a day, for the whole convention. In chronological order, of course. (CURSE YOU, JAR JAR:mad: [face_skull] )

15. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    In in to shop!

This ticket allows you into the Celebration Store Quick Path line between the hours of 3 PM and 5 PM on Friday, May 25th 2007. This ticket is not valid for any other time periods. You will not be allowed to stand in the Quick Path line until your appropriate time period.
    Also I'm in for all 6 films. Purchase Information:
    Title: Star Wars 6-Movie Marathon!
    Event Cost: $0.00

personally I don't know if I sit through all 6, I can watch them at home but it may be a good break to sit for a bit.

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Breezy and I will be leaving the store when you all arrive. We're going from 1-3 on Friday. I'm not doing the movies. That's happening before I arrive anyway.

17. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005
    Feel free to correct me on anything I may have wrong.

It would appear that the actual number of people going to C4 from Tucson is six. RebelMom is flying over to LA, so that leaves five of us (Chris, Damian, Mike, Cat, and Jack) who will drive vehicle/vehicles.

I no longer believe that a van is practical, not for five people. If you go with Amber's (much appreciated!) estimates, two vehicles are going to run us about $300, which will roughly break down to around $60 a person for transportation. I don't see how we can beat that price. We can haul a lot of stuff in the back of my truck, somebody rides with me, and that leaves three others in another vehicle.

Them's my thoughts on the transportation issue. Of the other four driving over, any other/better ideas that I may have overlooked?

18. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
  19. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Gabe........

20. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    Is he a confirmed yes?

21. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Well he better tell the rest of us 'cause our plans are preatty much set already.

We need better communication.

22. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I speak with him all the time. Yes he is CONFIRMED he has his tickets already and is looking for transportation.

23. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Does he not have internet access? If he does not, then that would explain why we never see/hear anything from him on the threads...

If Gabe has tickets and needs a ride, fine. Two people in my truck and four in the car. That brings the costs down to a ballpark of fifty dollars per passenger.

On the subject of communication, there are only 42 days left, aka SIX weeks, and we need to solidify all of our plans. As far as I know FOR SURE AT THIS TIME, I have a four person room reserved with only Chris and myself positively in. Have been talking to Damian about him cancelling his room and Damian and Mike joining Chris and I. Waiting for word from Mike if he is willing to go along with that. Got a call from Neil(501st) last night, Lance's girlfriend has a buddy looking to share a room. I told him I'd think about it, discuss it with all of my roomies.
    If Gabe is planning to room with us, I need to know so I can give this other guy a yes or no ASAP.

This is not the time to be keeping your C4 plans private. It is Sydney or the bush. To intelligently plan travel and room arrangements, we need confirmations NOW.

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    On that note. I've PMed Mike several times about moving to Jacks room. Never got anything back. So I"m making a decision offically and in public.

I will move to Jack's room. I"m 100% in on Jack's room.

25. thatsMISTERwookiee

Nov 12, 2005

Great to have you on board, Amigo. Live long and prosper.

Mike, are you with us or not?