Tucson Celebration IV

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mugen, Nov 20, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    hey damian, you need to go and sign up in the attending CIV thread.. so does Chris and Jack and Gabe.. Mike and Cheryl both did it long ago :) also you could sign up in the hotel thread if you wanted to..

nice chill in the air..

are you in front of the tv ready for George in a few hours.. I am ready for him. gonna drink my last sierra mist and have a bag of kettle corn.. he will probably be on for all of what.. 15 minutes.. if that long... I can hope for more..
  2. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    also don't forget if you want a CIV FF badge go right here to download it, then print it and then you can bring it over to my house and laminate it on the laminate machine if you want.
  3. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Wars Celebration IV Update Regarding ?Ship to Me? Badges!

Badge Ship-Out

Due to an unfortunate delay in receiving packet materials, badge ship-out was delayed. Badges are currently in the process of being shipped and started to go out the week of April 23, 2007. If you selected to have your badges shipped to you and you do not receive your badge by May 14th please contact Aleta Mullen at customerservice@gencon.com and she will be happy to assist you.

Fan Club Membership Verification

If you do not receive your Fan Club lanyard and Friends & Family coupons with your badge in the mail out packet despite being a Fan Club member please see the Fan Club Information booth onsite at the Convention Center. Upon verifying your membership you will receive your lanyard and coupons. If you are interested in purchasing a Fan Club membership while at the show, please go to the Badge Registration booth to purchase your membership.
  4. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    ************GenCon's policy about props and weapons***********

"Star Wars Celebration IV Weapons Policy

Gen Con LLC will maintain a strict weapons and weapons replica policy throughout Star Wars Celebration IV. Those with questions on this policy should contact customerservice@gencon.com.

No working weapons are allowed, openly or concealed, at any time in the Los Angeles Convention Center during Star Wars Celebration IV. These include, but are not limited to: swords, daggers, pole arms, staffs, bows, katanas, BB guns, pellet guns, cap guns, air-soft weapons, water guns, paintball guns, blow guns, squirt guns, or any other projectile item. Items such as sword canes, switchblades, handguns, and bali-song (butterfly) knives are also not permitted.

Active military personnel can attend in uniform but are prohibited from carrying their firearms, regardless of whether they are licensed to carry them.

Laser pointers, laser-aiming devices, or similar devices, may not be used in public, save for legitimate purposes with seminars or displays.

Weapons purchased in the Exhibit Hall, whether real or replicas, must be kept wrapped and then immediately removed from the premises following purchase.

Futuristic Replicas of Sci-Fi or fantasy weapons may be exempt, providing they are immediately and obviously recognizable as such. These can include the blasters carried by Stormtroopers. All weapon replicas carried in the Los Angeles Convention Center during Celebration IV must be inspected and marked at the Weapons Check Stations (see hours and location below). Anyone attending Celebration IV in any capacity is required to go to the Weapons Check Station upon entering the facility to have their replica inspected and marked. Inspected, approved weapons will be marked with an easy-to-spot marker that will not damage the weapon. Gen Con LLC reserves the right to inspect these weapons at any time and/or to have them removed or to designate them as ?Security-Approved?, in a manner determined solely by Gen Con LLC.

Costume Contest entrants must follow the same guidelines for Futuristic Replicas above, and have their weapon replicas inspected before appearing in the Costume Contests. Additionally, each weapon must be peace-tied or bonded so that there is no chance that the weapon replica will inadvertently injure other attendees, particularly other Costume Contest participants.

Security-Approval will be given to individual items at the sole discretion of Gen Con LLC. This designation may be revoked at any time at the discretion of Gen Con LLC or Lucasfilm, if the item is being used or brandished in an inappropriate fashion or if complaints are received regarding its display.

Designated staff members at a weapons-check station will inspect weapons, which will be marked in some way that does not affect the integrity of the piece. This mark must be displayed at all times when carrying the weapon inside the Convention Center.

The weapons-check station is located in the South Lobby of the Los Angeles Convention Center, and will be open the following hours:

Wednesday, May 23: 2pm ? 8pm
    Thursday, May 24 ? Sunday, May 27: 9am ? 6pm
    Monday, May 28: 9am ? 2pm

Those who need to have their weapon replicas inspected outside these hours should take them to Volunteer HQ, located in the South Lobby of the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Gen Con LLC and Lucasfilm appreciate the time and effort put into the creation of your costumes and replica items, but it is imperative that they comply with these rules as well as local, state and federal laws.

Brandishing any weapon, replica or toy is not permissible. Brandishing is defined as the display of an item for the purpose of real or implied threat, or any act that may cause anyone to believe that the intent was there, real or implied. The intent is irrelevant under the law, and the brandishing of any weapon will be treated as assault upon another person.

Anyone found to be carrying, brandishing, or have in their possession, any weapon
  5. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
  6. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    "NO blades, NO bows" "No blades, NO bows"

Ill give a dollar to whoever can tell me where thats from!
  7. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Robin Hood (Prince of Thieves)?

I.E. The american cr*ppy version.
  8. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    DOH! I guess I owe you a dollar
  9. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    The "Bows" gave it away. The most famous archer (other than Green Arrow and the greek god Apollo) is Robin of Loxley (of the Hood).
  10. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    WOW:eek:

I posted many days ago on several boards that I have a room for C4 that I will transfer over to someone else's name. No bites at all. I've noted a few scattered posts saying the same thing, available rooms but nobody wants/needs them. So it's not just me.

Amazing.... I really would have thought it would have gotten snatched up fast. I figured the last min. people would be going nuts for a place to stay.

I guess I'll take the hit and let the room go. I'm just really suprised!
  11. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    I bumped it again just in case.. maybe the closer we get it might get picked up.
  12. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    http://www.danzelmo.com/www.tucsonfanforce.com/CIV.htm

I don't know if were allowed to make this public is this format but here it is.

Please don't hotlink to it, just for reference.
  13. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    where did you get it from?
  14. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my pass today in the mail.

I changed my Hyperspace check box a month or so ago but I didn't get the fan club passes. I'd have to wait in the "will call" line for that. But we have to wait in line for the Fisher passes and other stuff anyway.
  15. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I got my badge today as well.
  16. _Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Knight

star 3
    OOH! look at the fan club Breakfasts for only $69.99!
    oh, and they're already sold out after being open for purchase for only a couple hours...
  17. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    yeah.. the breakfasts only had room for 400 people total was what it appeared to be.. kind of is the pits!!
  18. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    For $70 they better be serving me something I can't pronounce.:confused:

That's just a BIT too much:eek:
  19. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my pass yesterday in the mail, also four passes for the 24th. Guess I'm a Hyperspace member, I don't remember joining...
  20. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet so if thats the case we should have more than enough hyperspace passes?
  21. hal9k1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe you got mine :p
  22. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    That is rather amusing.. seems to be a lot of messed up accounts on the little things like that.
  23. Jada Chapter Rep Charlotte, NC

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    That's GenCon for ya. :rolleyes:
  24. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4
    I sit corrected.

Turns out I have been a member of Hyperspace for quite some time. Hardly ever check it out, hence the confusion at my end.
  25. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    well that is nice for you then. I was wondering if the passes are only good for the one day or if the passes will get others into the gaming parlour and the lounge area? Anyone have any idea? I would like to save money but I don't want to miss out on those two areas at all?
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby